Join the niche: no fests no fun

Anu Katariina

I need some peer help/condolences!

I was supposed to attend this and that fest this summer.

Karma decided otherwise.

I know it is good for the scene to be attentive, to be present, to bring your LIVE enthusiasim on board. But if one just can't. Family, work, money etc. Thanks god we have psynews that does not take the membership (of psynews) away according whether one is attending the fests or not.

Have an awesome fest season all you who will cherish goa trance LIVE!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I belong here as I'm finally trying to leave that niche. There were a bunch of years when I was organising events of my own (not music-related), and then a few summers of total chaos with job changes, house moves and whatnot. Now there finally might be a chance of a proper vacation, which is really welcome as I seriously need a few weeks off. (And it doesn't quite work if there's a shitload of deadlines immediately before and after. Been there, done that. Wasn't fun.)

So, I definitely know the feeling and can relate. A one-year break is still bearable, but you know it's getting bad if you no longer can even imagine a holiday trip nor start planning one as the whole concept feels so distant. I'm almost there...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, finally signed in psynews. Thanks for the answers @psychedelic chipmunk and @ Dolmot. I am still trying to adapt. Today is the start day of BGF fest to which I bought a ticket in February. Psynews is a place-to-be under the circumstances bc facebook makes me feel like an outsider (all pics) :mellow:

I am trying to leave the niche, too..asap.

There is hope as long as there is life :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Karma decided otherwise.

I just remembered I started this thread. This early June was when I decided not to gamble with bgf fest. I just didn't want to say it back then. So no karma, but lack of info. We have another thread for that rant.