X-Dream - Remixed [Flying Rhino]

psyshop not offering so far a rip after cd purchase

Yes, I noticed that. It's probably because the official release date for the digital version is August 1st. The thinking behind is - and I got this in e-mail from Boshke - that if digital was sold simultaneously with the CDs, no one would buy the CDs and the files would get to torrents and other pirate sites.

Well, guess what? 1) people that don't want the CDs won't buy them anyway, 2) once the CDs are out there, it will get to torrents / pirate sites anyway, 3) there's risk that those wanting only the files will get the pirated version instead, since they need to wait 2 more weeks to obtain them in a legal way, 4) I wouldn't be surprised if there's some additional stupid exclusive period, where files are on only available August 1st via e.g. Beatport and nowhere else.

Yeah, that's a proper old-school, i.e. backwards thinking.

@antic604, it seems to me you are making a big deal out of this. The release date is 1st August when people will get the download and the cds. The cd will have a bandcamp code to download the tracks. If you only want the files wait for the official release day, it seems all very logic and simple to me, no backward thinking, just you wanting the file this very moment, before it's even released.

@antic604, it seems to me you are making a big deal out of this. The release date is 1st August when people will get the download and the cds. The cd will have a bandcamp code to download the tracks. If you only want the files wait for the official release day, it seems all very logic and simple to me, no backward thinking, just you wanting the file this very moment, before it's even released.

You can buy it at Psyshop and Bandcamp right now and have the CDs delivered still this week.

It was never explicitly said that the 'links' you'd get pre-ordering at Bandcamp would be a links for Bandcamp. For all I know it could be a link to some cloud service to d/l the files.

Bandcamp has a functionality to properly and transparently process pre-orders, like so: https://timecoderecords.bandcamp.com/album/silent-solutions. This way it's all there: I know what I'm ordering, I know when it will be sent and/or available for download. The tools are there, they just need to use them.

And yes, it's backwards to have the CD released 2 weeks before the digital downloads, because there's no way it stops piracy - quite the contrary, because people only wanting the files will have no way to obtain them legally for two weeks.

Having a cd-only release 2 weeks before the "official" date as a way to fight piracy just doesn't sense. The avarage folk who download their music illegally never, I repeat, never pay for their music; "Why paying when you can have it for free" they say. Now, someone's asking 25 bucks for their shiny new record on the promise that they'll receive their piece of plastic around the same date as the official digital release (which is precisely when illegal sharing will peak). Bob, who wants his music for free, has two options: 1) Pay 25$ and get his music in two weeks. 2) Pay nothing and get his music in two weeks. We all know what will follow...