JyjiE8Z.jpg

Artist: Omnivox

Title: Innerpolarity 10 Years Remix Ep

Label: Self Released

Date: February, 2017

1. Mayana (2017 Remix)

2. City of Black Lights (2017 Remix)

3. Over the Clouds (2017 Remix)

Long ago, in a galaxy far away there was a project called Vox and he released and album called Innerpolarity.  Goa wasn't as available back then, so this was a welcome treat to hear new talent.  Since then he changed his name to Omnivox and released the blistering Fragments of Evolution which you should already have in your collection.  Here is a blurb describing the ep:

"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday to Sunday."

Ummm...that's not what it says.  You just quoted a line from the Black Eyed Peas.

Did I?  So I did.  Sorry, here it is.

"I'mma make you my b*tch / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake, cake / Cake, cake, cake."

Nope.  That's Rihanna.  Wonder how many ghost writers were hired for that?  Try again.

Damn, thought for sure that was it.  Ok got it...

"My hump, my hump, my hump (ha), my lovely lady lumps (Check it out)."

BEP's again.  Dude you're stupid.  The ep consists of 3 tracks the artist believes are the best from the album which stand the test of time.  I really liked that album so I was curious to see 1) which tracks he chose and 2) what he could do with them.  He's right those three tracks were really good to begin with, and the remixes are actual remixes.  So refreshing.  Some new leads, some more layers, all whilst keeping the outer space goa vibe the same.  As you would expect the tracks sound fuller maybe due to improved technology.  Bottom line, even though they aren't particularly memorable I enjoyed listening to them. 

Omnivox Bandcamp - Name your price, but don't be a cheap bastard.