Psytrance played on the mainstage of a major EDM festival (yes the day has come...)

Lemmiwinks

Well, if this leads to psytrance artists earning more money by being invited to play more and by selling more CDs / downloads, then great!

Sure, some (lots?) of them will dumb down their music even further in pursuit of the easy money, but I'm not buying those artists anyway so it doesn't affect me.

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me that much really, the music (Vini Vici) contains what typical EDM does, lots of build ups and vocals... so why not... "Psytrance" is very diverse... It seems to be a trend that Iboga among other are following (more commercial sound), I can't blame them for it, the money is there in any case. And as Antic says I don't buy their stuff or even listen to it, so I am not loosing out :P

Neptune Project has been mixing "LSD (Astral Projection remix)" in their sets for a few years, notably at Dreamstate.  Astrix and Ace Ventura played Dreamstate 2015.  Psy at big American festivals has been going on for a while now.

Sure, some (lots?) of them will dumb down their music even further in pursuit of the easy money, but I'm not buying those artists anyway so it doesn't affect me.

I hope they know what their doing! Because this is really cool! Bless the future, in trance we trust Right ;) Is tribal  :excl: .. 

good people https://youtu.be/QQ9WWvV_ThY?t=27s 

what was in when there was desert war? I believe, in the spirit of the american natives? 

add-on: @ 52 minutes.. make love dont fight

http://68.media.tumblr.com/870e6cfec186369154078940d1a160c1/tumblr_mpey5jaHLe1qcgwn4o1_500.gif

Highlite Tribe for the win. 

: /

P.L.U.Understanding.R.

It is very possible for a big dj to build a long ride from what they want "" to what they need "" at hand example, is from Progressive to Goa >> https://www.mixcloud.com/synchronithesia/soundz-of-destiny-presenterer-a-night-of-batboner-p-a-r-t-2/

Edited by psytones

still not satified. I've always been curious to see decent psy played. not the modern garb. go back minimum 13+years and play that library.

still not satified. I've always been curious to see decent psy played. not the modern garb. go back minimum 13+years and play that library.

Yea i hear that. I'll be happy when i hear someone blast some Goa. That being said, progessive trance led me to prog psy which led me to full on which eventually took me to Goa.

Yea i hear that. I'll be happy when i hear someone blast some Goa. 

Haha! Goa at an EDM concert? Impossible.

The EDM crowd likes the buildup and drop thingy and the songs are about 3-4 minutes in length. In Goa the fun starts at 3-4 minutes and goes on without any buidups/drops shit. That's what I love, keep on trippin/dancin and not waiting for the next drop.