I often find stuff like this on various downtempo compilations - it sounds like progressive psy slowed down to about 110-120 bpm with more focus on atmospheres, pads and melodies but still having this typical psy kbbb moving the track forward

Are there any artists consistently releasing this kind of music or compilations focused on this specific style? And how it is properly called? 

I know Profondita's Ciel album has some tunes in this vein, would love to hear more such music, it somehow fits my current mood pretty well.

Thanks, they top 30 progressive is pretty nice, some tracks from there are pretty close to what I'm looking for (though some others sound more like early 00's club trance).

I really love the Yarn track I've posted though their other stuff i happened to find sounds different and I like it much less. 

Thanks, they top 30 progressive is pretty nice, some tracks from there are pretty close to what I'm looking for (though some others sound more like early 00's club trance).

I really love the Yarn track I've posted though their other stuff i happened to find sounds different and I like it much less. 

try CRYSTAL VIBE, SUDUAYA, ZERO CULT, STEREOMANTRA :)

• Like 1

Only real songs I've heard in this realm are by Alwoods, this one "Sun Trap" in particularly is just really pretty:

Also, a bit faster, this Atmos remix of "Morning Breeze" by vibrasphere:

• Like 1

Very nice tracks, especially the first one. A bit more laidback/relaxing than what I'm looking for (that Yarn track sounds somehow more deep and mysterious) but still very good.

Thanks for the other suggestions I'll check them out. I think I've heard some stuff by GMO and Dense which I found pretty boring, but maybe I was just in a wrong mood  :unsure:

My oh my, you're gonna want to listen to Merkaba, somehow he creates downtempo goa stompers. kalya Scintilla - his project with Eve Olution - is slower and more chillgressive, but go to the Merkaba music bandcamp page and you'll find a world of amazing downtempo

The whole Cosmik Chill series from Electrik Dream Records is amazingly good. Ive had the Red for a long time, and recently have heard much more of the other coluors since my girlfriend are buying them for her self. Quality all the way to its individual chakra colour. Next seems then to be the Blue chakra.. Just look at the times between the releases. Much respect and love towards the finished releases. 

https://www.discogs.com/label/914674-Cosmik-Chill 

Aum shanti shant

^ I just had to post it somewhere, was to stuned to go search thread. smthsmth ultimae vs alter rec. I like the idea that the label is building up the series from the bottom, to the top.. And I highly respect the notion and idea that it takes a while to properly release ai.e. green album, and a orange one. How to do it cant be all that easy with so many opinions around. So the inner quest of the compiler im guessing is something like profound. Thats to say my thoughts without really knowing any details. Just seeems beautifully logical I think the Green CD (2016) hit the spot after some listening, well done and curious of the blue release .. and if they manage to hit the upper chakra levels

the integrity 

Psymbient (ambient with beats within the psytrance realm sort of say?) is kinda chillgressive id say, the chill progressing building beats/story 

This is from the Red CD. 

Sure, but doesn't really fall under the "chillgressive" definition that was the point of this thread  :)

actually the Red album is full of what Id catagorize within the OPs example of what he's looking for. Agressive Chillout? Or Progressive? Im sure there is a lot of cool tracks being agressive chill also. Chillgressive

• Like 1

This Aes Dana track is pretty much spot on

Actually I'm looking for music more or less symilar to progressive (psy)trance but with less focus on being danceable and more deep, atmospheric and mysterious feel. Actually it shoudn't even necessarily have kbbb or other kind of straight 4 on the floor beat, some breakbeats will also do. 

An example with broken beat but with similar atmosphere

What a great topic, and timely.. I just happened upon this little forgotten gem the other day and it's quite good.  https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Abyss-A-Journey-Into-Deep-Trance/release/361647

It's from 2000 so a good deal older than most in this thread but it certainly fits.

Since I can't seem to post a thread in this forum yet for some reason despite being here since basically the beginning of the forum on goatrance.free.fr  :unsure:

Also, this album from Moai.. it's a promo record and I guess it was too different for anyone to pick up but it's a real gem, I remember his track still from the first Psynews comp I think, anyways the whole album is good, shame we didn't get more albums from him, but the promo is available from his website: http://www.moai.se/

It's a shame my cover wasn't chosen, I could have fancied up the text more lol..

olJQoYh.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This Aes Dana track is pretty much spot on

Actually I'm looking for music more or less symilar to progressive (psy)trance but with less focus on being danceable and more deep, atmospheric and mysterious feel. Actually it shoudn't even necessarily have kbbb or other kind of straight 4 on the floor beat, some breakbeats will also do. 

An example with broken beat but with similar atmosphere

that more of "classic" psychill, for me psygressive is more dance oriented music :)

• 3 weeks later...

Jeeesus Buddha! Sorry guys for the looping, but man oh woman, this Green album from Cosmik Chill is RRrrrRRReally good. Such chillgressive love *

https://electrikdream.bandcamp.com/album/cosmik-chill-green  :wub:  :wub: 

I think my gf and me might goa head and start to gather some Altar Records which Ive known about from this forum a long time, but never dived into.. :)

So you reading this into this progchill, whats your most amazing fav labels? Is it Electrik Dream Records, is it Altar Records or maybe Indica Music (Cell -Phonic Peace in my collection) ..or smth like Candyflip, or Alpha Zero? 

Chill on, groovers!  :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Interesting topic and I listened to many artists.

Would like to give you some names.

Dhamika - Endless Horizons and Energy Flow

Cabeiri - Self insider

E-Mantra (and Night Hex) - all his down tempo albums

Suduaya - Venus and Unity

There are many albums but these artists and their albums stand out for me.

And definitely Altar Records is the place to look for.... 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...