K.O.B. - Identity Mash [Suntrip Rec.]

• 2 weeks later...

I take it there were multiple masters then? Surely shops would not put up extracts of unmastered tracks.

What's different to the official mastering?

No, there is one, made by Time Schuldt, and it will be the same for both the CD and digital release.

It's also the mastering you'll find on our site and on soundcloud, Youtube...

The extracts you'll hear on Arabesque and on shops such as Psyshop, are mastered too, but K.O.B./Filteria dit them. Explanation: We wanted to release on May 13th, the same day as the OldIsGold XX party. And we need to submit shop-extracts 5 weeks in advance, whereas CD manufacturing only takes 3 weeks. At -5w, Tim Schuldt was busy with some festival, so we needed to have another mastering for the shop extracts, and Jannis did them. Then when Tim came back, we got our "usual"/official master which was used for the CD/digital release. Simple as that.

• Like 2

No, there is one, made by Time Schuldt, and it will be the same for both the CD and digital release.

It's also the mastering you'll find on our site and on soundcloud, Youtube...

The extracts you'll hear on Arabesque and on shops such as Psyshop, are mastered too, but K.O.B./Filteria dit them. Explanation: We wanted to release on May 13th, the same day as the OldIsGold XX party. And we need to submit shop-extracts 5 weeks in advance, whereas CD manufacturing only takes 3 weeks. At -5w, Tim Schuldt was busy with some festival, so we needed to have another mastering for the shop extracts, and Jannis did them. Then when Tim came back, we got our "usual"/official master which was used for the CD/digital release. Simple as that.

Well, I wouldn't call it simple :P

the release date is what arabesque says as all releases distributed with arabesque only are released on friday, so it's the 12, but they put 13 for the purpose of being the "party" release date.

simple as that :)

• Like 1

We will release it on all our channels on tuesday... So, Filteria is back! :D

Could you maybe consider putting pre-order option in your Bandcamp shop (like Arabesque is doing)? This way I could buy from you both the Inti and Identity Mash, get the files for the former already and both the CDs (and K.O.B. files) when the latter is released?

Tuesday sounds like an eternity :P;)

awesome samples, very thrilled to hear it live at the old is gold xx :)

@antic, it is not really recommended for high in demand releases such as this one to put files ANY day before the release date, it would end up immediately on torrents/youtube and mp3 sharing sites.

I for one think it is fair the files are given only the day of the release, which should be the norm.

awesome samples, very thrilled to hear it live at the old is gold xx :)

@antic, it is not really recommended for high in demand releases such as this one to put files ANY day before the release date, it would end up immediately on torrents/youtube and mp3 sharing sites.

I for one think it is fair the files are given only the day of the release, which should be the norm.

No, I'm not saying to put the files up earlier, just to make the pre-order available. I want to buy 2 Suntrip releases at once to combine shipping, so I could pay & order for both, get the files for one of them (V/A Inti) and the rest of the files (K.O.B.) as soon as it's released. Also, this is how Arabesque which I linked is doing it if you checked the link. I order several CDs at once, some already released and others not and I get the files as they become available and CDs when the last one of the bunch is released.

I'd imagine this is good business, because it allows the label to get the money up-front, sometimes even few weeks before the actual release, without the risk of leaking the files.

BTW, you should consider it as well for DAT Records :)