Best produced psytrance album?

Novoice

- for present time of the few releases i know of, id have to agree on the Ultimate Xperience EP from Neogoa Records. Its now. Impressive. Wonder how the album will ,,seperate" it self from the E.P.. 

Technically speaking, nothing beats Infected Mushroom - their control over all aspects of the sound is unmatched; it's like they can somehow precisely shape every frequency, every noise, every effect. To me - and I know thing or two about the technical side - they're like Neo from the end of original Matrix, bending the sound to their will.

What they do with this technical prowess is a different thing, though (although I really like their latest album).

• Like 2

On 4/3/2017 at 10:06 PM, antic604 said:

Care to provide a counter argument?

Otherwise, it's just a fake news :P

"Technically speaking, nothing beats Infected Mushroom."

My argument:

<removed by YT and us>

More seriously, yeah, IM's production is outstanding on a technical point of view, no question. On the other side, the whole thing can feel well, bland (at least to me). Kinda reminds me of Steven Wilson's [over]productions when it comes to rock music.

OP's question was about technical side, so there's no thing like "oveproduced and bland". In case of IM I also think all this flashy techniques are there not to make impression, but to really help tell the story better and in more tangible way - listen to Milosh from last album for example: the main motiff is incredibly emotional, but its impact is doubled (or tripled) by the way it's delivered. Technical prowess for IM is just a tool, whereas for a lot of other artists it's where their knowledge ends: they'll obsess about kick or bass sound (I read today a post from guy layering 7 kicks on top of eachother and still not getting it "right"...) writing pristinely sounding ...crap. We may not like IM's output especially because for years it's not goa/psytrance anymore, but objectively their music has a lot of soul, magic and individuality and immaculate production only helps fleshing that out.

• Like 1

OP's question was about technical side, so there's no thing like "oveproduced and bland". In case of IM I also think all this flashy techniques are there not to make impression, but to really help tell the story better and in more tangible way - listen to Milosh from last album for example: the main motiff is incredibly emotional, but its impact is doubled (or tripled) by the way it's delivered. Technical prowess for IM is just a tool, whereas for a lot of other artists it's where their knowledge ends: they'll obsess about kick or bass sound (I read today a post from guy layering 7 kicks on top of eachother and still not getting it "right"...) writing pristinely sounding ...crap. We may not like IM's output especially because for years it's not goa/psytrance anymore, but objectively their music has a lot of soul, magic and individuality and immaculate production only helps fleshing that out.

You're right, OP was stricly about the "technical side", missed that one. Besides, I'm in no way an IM hater. I own all their records and I couldn't care less about them being trance or not. Good music is good music. I will admit that they haven't impressed me much since CV but that's off-topic. But yeah, agreed with everything you said except that I'm clearly not as enthusiastic as you are about their newest output.

I don't see how you can separate taste and the 'facts' like the tools being used. There's music that is recorded and mixed way differently than others, but can still be in the same genre of music. If you like only crystal clear music, there's a high chance you will prefer Derango over the dirty Schlabbaduerst tracks for example, though it's music that is in the same niche and has overall the same kind of fans. There's a technical side that's not up for debate, unless it comes to how the music reacts to you personally. And that is exactly what taste is, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I don't see how you can separate taste and the 'facts' like the tools being used. There's music that is recorded and mixed way differently than others, but can still be in the same genre of music. If you like only crystal clear music, there's a high chance you will prefer Derango over the dirty Schlabbaduerst tracks for example, though it's music that is in the same niche and has overall the same kind of fans. There's a technical side that's not up for debate, unless it comes to how the music reacts to you personally. And that is exactly what taste is, in my opinion.

Don't think I could love an album purely based on its production qualities, no matter how sophisticated they are...

appreciate, recognize outside and inside one owns standards or taste. 

(had a wow moment on this album)

Ive not listened much of it, but i have to to agree also on Astrix new album. https://arabdigitalhommegaproductions.bandcamp.com/album/he-art

It might be really good stuff. The reason why i havent heard so much is that i quickly end up changing music the few times ive tried to listen to it, but.. i do recognize it as being (as far as my skillset takes me) VERY well produced though. OP minded. +the guy has spent so many hours in the music production cockpit it's probably respectfully ridiculous. 

Speaking of sophisticated Void Mantra, this hit my mind: https://yggdrasilrecords.bandcamp.com/track/loke-riding-bridges
(i reviewed it and was not so positive, the creator replied with a very indepth of why the track did not ,,suck" which i think he maybe have deleted now.)

you like? its apperently a piece of art where the melody is devided and fancy stuff i can not retell, only let you listen and be your own judge 

watt-is-love.jpg

what is love. I know I personally do not especially love any of the music posted above, except i love psytrance. 

I like the statement that Tastes are like a**es. they come devided and usually they stink. I like the Op as the hard question it is. Outside the subjective more into objective if you manage, whats the best produced psytrance album? iyho? sure.. 

Whats best produced, 

Yggdrasil ‎– Prose Edda

, or 

Shpongle ‎– Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland

what is production? 

reminder of the humble OP:

Hello,

what is in Your oppinion the best produced (technically, stereo effects etc.) psytrance album? Thanks!

Kind regards 

ME? I am not a manifested producer of music. Id love to make some sounds one day though