Strange Tongues

Themaniac

That bass must physically hurt while played loud on good speakers - it really dominates, which I don't think is a good thing. I'd consider shortening that bass sound, to make it more 'stabby' instead of 'droning' maybe?

Otherwise, it sounds like something Proxeeus would release, which is a bit too monotone for my personal taste. I mean there's nothing wrong with 'entrancing' repetition, but it too needs to develop over time dosing the intensity gradually. Easier said than done, but that's what I feel is somehow missing - it's all on similar 'energy' level somehow.

A bit too typical newschool sounding for me, but what I find most disturbing is that there's just no dynamic range. I guess an Izotope preset on the master channel? ;) Everything is just LOUD, not a single part has a its own specific spot in the mix.

Djuna thanks for the valuable feedback.

There's only so much I can do with my phone.

No idea what Izotope preset is.

Will work on mixing/mastering skills and improve upon them.

Thanks once again!

A bit too typical newschool sounding for me, but what I find most disturbing is that there's just no dynamic range. I guess an Izotope preset on the master channel? ;) Everything is just LOUD, not a single part has a its own specific spot in the mix.

His music is done on an Android phone, using Caustic 3 so take that into account :)

Djuna thanks for the valuable feedback.

There's only so much I can do with my phone.

No idea what Izotope preset is.

Will work on mixing/mastering skills and improve upon them.

Thanks once again!

It's a bit of a cliché: people who are (just) producing and want to "fatten" their sound with a mastering plugin, oblivious that they distort their own mix.

One of the key things in mixing is getting the balance straight from all your tracks in the mix. There's no need to push everything to 0dBFS or even above, in the clipping area. Your canvas to paint on is bigger than that.

One of the key things in mixing is getting the balance straight from all your tracks in the mix. There's no need to push everything to 0dBFS or even above, in the clipping area. Your canvas to paint on is bigger than that.

Yes! Thanks a lot!