Jump to content
antic604

Martian Arts - Giant Locusts [TIP Records]

How would you rate this release?  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. How would you rate this release?

    • 5/5 - a future classic, a must have for everybody
      4
    • 4/5 - very good, a must have for fans of sub-genre
      3
    • 3/5 - adequate, typical release for the sub-genre
      5
    • 2/5 - poor, uneven, let down by technical issues
      0
    • 1/5 - avoid at all cost
      0


Recommended Posts

gm446    1

Great album, you and eat static give me some hope that real psytrance is still alive. thank you!

imo, best psytrance album of 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gm446    1

what sub-genre would you describe this album? i'm trying to find some more of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
antic604    485
2 hours ago, gm446 said:

what sub-genre would you describe this album? i'm trying to find some more of this.

For me that's pure "psychedelic trance", but not "psytrance" which usually stands for full-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gm446    1
On 11/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, antic604 said:

For me that's pure "psychedelic trance", but not "psytrance" which usually stands for full-on.

i also think this is "psychedelic trance" (for me it is just the name for all psytrance who is too unique to characterize) .
but some people vote this is a "typical release for the sub-genre", so i just wonder ;)
sorry for the lame english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
antic604    485
56 minutes ago, gm446 said:

i also think this is "psychedelic trance" (for me it is just the name for all psytrance who is too unique to characterize) .
but some people vote this is a "typical release for the sub-genre", so i just wonder ;)
sorry for the lame english

Oh, your English is fine :)

I think people voted the 3/5 rating, rather than the description for it. But you're right, that this doesn't fit neatly into a typical cathegory of goa, full-on, prog, dark/forest, etc. and this is something I love the most about it and other albums like it (Nervasystem "Brainradio", Ajja "Spira Mirabilis" to name just a few).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gm446    1
On 17.11.2017 at 12:36 PM, antic604 said:

Oh, your English is fine :)

I think people voted the 3/5 rating, rather than the description for it. But you're right, that this doesn't fit neatly into a typical cathegory of goa, full-on, prog, dark/forest, etc. and this is something I love the most about it and other albums like it (Nervasystem "Brainradio", Ajja "Spira Mirabilis" to name just a few).

Thanks, didn't know about Nervasystem, sound great! and i'm definitely agree about ajja last album as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×