Mindsphere - Mental Triplex : Mindream (SUNCDLE06)

So, here we are, finally with the second part of Mindsphere's trilogy! :)

Almost a year after the uptempo "Presence", we are now ready with part 2 called Mindream: this will be a pure (space) ambient experience... Drony, sometimes warm, sometimes cold, floating and here and there exotic! But for sure relaxing and perfect for deep experiences! :) 

We will have 2 versions of this album! One mixed version for the limited CD, and one unmixed version for the digital version. Release date will be the 1st of march! (so only 2 more weeks to go!) :) Samples will be posted tomorrow! :)

Tracklist:

1. Solitude

2. Circle Sphere

3. Seclusion

4. Fate

5. Orientelic Genetic

6. Serenity

7. Respiratory

8. Reformation

9. Far Away

Mastering: Tim Schuldt

Artist: Ali Akgun

Release Date: 1st of march

Artwork: Pieter Pan

2564978.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Available since today!

Because it is a limited release it is ONLY available on cd on:

The Suntrip shop:
https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCDLE06/

Bandcamp:
https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/mindsphere-mental-triplex-mindream

Digitally it will be available allover since... Today :)

Important ps: the "mixed" version on cd is literally only mixed 1 sec per track, so there is not really a difference between digital and cd release afterall :)

• Like 1

Well, it does it's job. But nothing in here made me feel amazed and I dont feel the need to go through it again since there is nothing special what so ever. But to be honest, I never was too fascinated by ambient. At some points it reminded me of much loved Code Eternity, but ultimately it isn't nearly as entertaining. Too slow and uninteresting to sit down and focus on it or to just leave it in background while studying or something. 

Im not saying that its bad though, it just gave me the thought "Dude, what a drag. Im too young to sit for an hour to listen to this."

There are a few tracks with a beat atleast and those I liked. Respiratory for example... I definitely understand the thought process behind this being a limited edition print. It is NOT for everyone!

Imo, a disappointing sequel to Presence.

• Like 1

Well, it does it's job. But nothing in here made me feel amazed and I dont feel the need to go through it again since there is nothing special what so ever. But to be honest, I never was too fascinated by ambient. At some points it reminded me of much loved Code Eternity, but ultimately it isn't nearly as entertaining. Too slow and uninteresting to sit down and focus on it or to just leave it in background while studying or something. 

Im not saying that its bad though, it just gave me the thought "Dude, what a drag. Im too young to sit for an hour to listen to this."

There are a few tracks with a beat atleast and those I liked. Respiratory for example... I definitely understand the thought process behind this being a limited edition print. It is NOT for everyone!

Imo, a disappointing sequel to Presence.

It's not a sequel - it'a a part of trilogy: 1) melodic, 2) chill / downtempo, 3) hard / aggressive

Also, your view is probably why Suntrip decided to go with limited edition for this one.

Lastly, I envy you that you can form such a definitive opinion just few hours after it's been released - I'll need few days ;):P

It's not a sequel - it'a a part of trilogy: 1) melodic, 2) chill / downtempo, 3) hard / aggressive

Also, your view is probably why Suntrip decided to go with limited edition for this one.

Lastly, I envy you that you can form such a definitive opinion just few hours after it's been released - I'll need few days ;):P

Whatever.

It's exactly why they went for limited edition. Even they know it can't succeed at large sales cause it's going to be boring for most people, myself included.

Why would I need more than one listening to know if I like it or not?

Whatever.

No, not 'whatever' because calling it a "sequel" you imply that Mindsphere was trying to do a follow-up to Presence, but failed. This isn't the case, 2nd part was always going to be ambient / downtempo and there's no surprise here. 

I'm not saying you should, but - in my own experience - there are albums I liked a lot at the beginning but disliked after 4-5 listens; and - even more frequently! - vice versa: I hated some of them initially, only to fall in love eventually. I learned not to fully trust my initial feelings, because they can and most likely will change over time. But everyone is different, so if you have that capability to definitively asses something so quickly, then - as I said - I envy you.

The Albums/Comps that stuck with me throughout the years are the ones that I didn't like at first.

What that means is that they have a deeper level of (put whichever word you want here, from technical to emotional) that takes more listens to understand and appreciate.

And if it is truly a masterpiece then everytime you listen to it you discover something new.

Just saying

• Like 1

The Albums/Comps that stuck with me throughout the years are the ones that I didn't like at first.

What that means is that they have a deeper level of (put whichever word you want here, from technical to emotional) that takes more listens to understand and appreciate.

And if it is truly a masterpiece then everytime you listen to it you discover something new.

Just saying

I know what he meant, and while it did sometimes happen to me in the past, I dont see it happening in this case unfortunately.

The only reason is that ambient is not our core-bussiness. I LOVE this ambient-album. But good music doesn't always sell... unfortunately. Enough examples of this. 

Anyway, it is clearly a hommage to the old masters from the 70s and 80s who started with this sound... people that are not aware of this music, won't get into this. This is REALLY beatless droney, trippy ambient... which was the first kind of electronic music that came out of the hippy-60s with their organs and stuff... 

while it did sometimes happen to me in the past, I dont see it happening in this case unfortunately.

neither do i. when i first listened to the sample i immediately noticed that this music is extremely good at what it's trying to be, which — sadly — is beatless ambient. nicely constructed, lush, breathing and flowing ambiences that would bore me to death if i had to listen to the whole thing (or even just one track) in one sitting.

i appreciate suntrip releasing this album because it's good music, and i totally understand their decision to make it a limited edition.

i don't see the connection to 70s electronic music though. mindsphere is clearly ambient here while i see the (good ;) ) music of the poineers back then more as trance without percussion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...