Mindsphere - Mental Triplex : Mindream (SUNCDLE06)

So, here we are, finally with the second part of Mindsphere's trilogy! :)

Almost a year after the uptempo "Presence", we are now ready with part 2 called Mindream: this will be a pure (space) ambient experience... Drony, sometimes warm, sometimes cold, floating and here and there exotic! But for sure relaxing and perfect for deep experiences! :) 

We will have 2 versions of this album! One mixed version for the limited CD, and one unmixed version for the digital version. Release date will be the 1st of march! (so only 2 more weeks to go!) :) Samples will be posted tomorrow! :)

Tracklist:
1. Solitude
2. Circle Sphere
3. Seclusion
4. Fate
5. Orientelic Genetic
6. Serenity
7. Respiratory
8. Reformation
9. Far Away

Mastering: Tim Schuldt
Artist: Ali Akgun
Release Date: 1st of march
Artwork: Pieter Pan

2564978.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback!

Absolutely looking forward to this!

I have a question though, why did you decide to go mixed on the CD? Just curious.

Because he/we wanted it to be a real story, no breaks, no different chapters... but one long story! :) 

So why non mixed mp3s? In bandcamp times, people download sometimes track 2 and 7, and like this they have no intro or anything... So we came to the conclusion this would be the best :)

So why non mixed mp3s? In bandcamp times, people download sometimes track 2 and 7, and like this they have no intro or anything... So we came to the conclusion this would be the best :)

I (and others I'd imagine) would appreciate if you considered adding another track to Bandcamp purchase then - a full mixed CD.

Like so: https://sebtaylor.bandcamp.com/album/the-aquarius-ep

• Like 1

@Anoebis, one more thing - I just noticed it's a "limited release": SUNCDLE06. Why is that? Does it mean it won't be distributed via Arabesque like all your "non-limited" releases and thus won't be available outside of Suntrip's web-store and Bandcamp?

Bingo! And also, there is only 1 print... For instance Innerspace is now sold out, it wont be reprinted. 

As for the 1 track... Good point :) 

• Like 1

What is the point of a release being limited edition? Reduce the number of copies and increase the price, that kind of thing?

No, as Anoebis explained some time ago, they believe some releases will have limited appeal compared to typical Suntrip releases (aka fast goa), and this one is apparently perceived as such - this was the case for new unknown artists (Innerspace, Cosmic Dimension) and an album including several already released tracks (Dimension 5's "TransStellar"). This one is ambient / downtempo, so again - not typical for Suntrip.

I however feel that this is some kind of self fulfilling prophecy - if you limit the channels the music is sold through to Suntrip's shops, then it will obviously sell less, thus proving the point of indeed being a good candidate for limited release :)

This choice is especially strange for this release, where I'd suspect most people know it's a part of trilogy and would buy all 3 parts regardless of whether it's "typical Suntrip" or not.

I don't mind. I'll but it like I do with all Suntrip's releases, was just curious :)

Thanks for clearing it up. I understand what your saying and I think that its actually a good idea for reducing printing cost for a release that might not sell because its not mainstream-ish goa.

What is the point of a release being limited edition? Reduce the number of copies and increase the price, that kind of thing?

Keep in mind though that LE have higher price because the less copies you print, the more expensive they get, hence the higher price.

Keep in mind though that LE have higher price because the less copies you print, the more expensive they get, hence the higher price.

You mean the cost of printing and thus the profit margin for Suntrip? Because I don't think the LEs were sold at different price (10EUR)?

Exactly, actually they are more expensive production wise... BUT, because we sell them only through our own channels, we make up for that. So in the end it is more or less the "same". 

So, why keeping those LE releases? Exactly what Antic said. They are not for the "big" public... Droney ambient is definately not :) 

• Like 2

You mean the cost of printing and thus the profit margin for Suntrip? Because I don't think the LEs were sold at different price (10EUR)?

Yes. I only wrote that because MrAnarchy's comment made it sound like labels produce LEs to gain extra money. 

• Like 1