GlitchModus - Telepathic Trigger 140 BPM Psybrid

psychasm

Hey Guys

This started out as a techno track inititally.

Kept the techno bass , in between the psy bass, then chucked a house bass

inbetween those two. This formed the basis for all of the melodies. Im presssed for time

on this one and gave myself 2 days from start to finish.

Happy listening:)

• Like 2

Cool sounds! I like how the arpeggios move, and there's some sweet trippy fx in there :) Enjoyed it alot, but - personally - I would have liked a even more intense climax. 

Nice work! :)

• Like 1

Hey thanks a lot for the feedback, im definitely looking into finishing a bit better. Taking a slight bit of a break

from this one to work on some other stuff.

Cheers!

I got this reponse from a record label on fb:

I listed to the trackTelepathic trigger and its bad totaly of beat and sync.

Maybee the delay-recerd is totaly bad.The track sounds like a dj mix from a dj that cant mix.And dont listen back and hear

what goes good and wrong

My question: Does it really sound this bad? I dont know what to make of this if it's true, then i have to go back to the

drawing board and start again. I was only going to make some minor changes but if this is true then I have to totally

reconsider what it is that i am doing.

Some assistance will be greatly appreciated especially if im not hearing correctly.

Hum, I don't agree. It's certainly experimental though. The rhythms feel a bit "abstract", but for me it's not a problem. I think the person disliking it couldn't enjoy because it wasn't his/her style.

The "dj that cant mix" part I believe is because it's tonally advanced, which can make it feel a bit atonal for those expecting classic song writing structure. It's simply a little harder to get into than in standard trance (not compared to dark/etc though). Again, personal preference here. 

• Like 2

Man, I just adore how you don't care for goa/psy conventions and do your thing! I love the sense of progression here, how it gets denser & denser with each minute. The effects you apply to almost every sound are just spot on, creating that 'funky' / 'groovy' vibe. I really appreciate how most of the 'lead' lines are vague, chaotic and 'random' because this is - for me - a key to music being psychedelic: you're constantly surprised, constantly on the edge not knowing how things develop. I think that for some other track I compared you to modern day Sean "Process" Williams and I stick by that. Awesome work, once again! :)

• Like 1

thanks antic. Really trying to develop the Glitchmodus style as being chaotic and random yet sensible:) and focus on production

quality, yet not always complete , as something else always comes up. I will revisit some of this work again soon.

The reason for the former only being directly related to most of our lives ( and mine ), in these times, as being chaos,

sometimes utterley so, and translating it into sound sequences, Thanks

for understanding and listening.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Had a bit of time to clean up this mix also and experiment with some mid-side processing,

resulting in CPU overload because of additional plugin chains, therefore lots of bouncing to audio,

more processing , bouncing etc.

Anyways im happy with the result:) Happy listening:)