Looking for new music - tribal/ethnic influenced

winterelegy

Hey all, I'm from the Industrial scene so I'm kind of a noob when it comes to the psytrance scene. I love the music but don't know anything really about most of the subgenres or trends in the scene over the years. Anyway, I mainly listen to neo-old school (I guess it's called) Goa, mainly all the stuff from Suntrip and then some other stuff like Artha, Ephedra, Frantic Noise, Psy-H Project, Pleiadians, etc. I am looking for new music to check out that sounds like that (dense & atmospheric + lots of melodic stuff with good/modern production) but that has more tribal/ethnic elements in it, like specifically "egyptian" or "middle eastern" sounding stuff. I guess sort of like Ra but with more traditional instruments and percussion. Thanks

Hey all, I'm from the Industrial scene so I'm kind of a noob when it comes to the psytrance scene. I love the music but don't know anything really about most of the subgenres or trends in the scene over the years. Anyway, I mainly listen to neo-old school (I guess it's called) Goa, mainly all the stuff from Suntrip and then some other stuff like Artha, Ephedra, Frantic Noise, Psy-H Project, Pleiadians, etc. I am looking for new music to check out that sounds like that (dense & atmospheric + lots of melodic stuff with good/modern production) but that has more tribal/ethnic elements in it, like specifically "egyptian" or "middle eastern" sounding stuff. I guess sort of like Ra but with more traditional instruments and percussion. Thanks

I would like to suggest Kolovrat album, and mostly Svarog's Celestial Fire track (in case you haven't heard it yet). It has plenty of traditional melodies and it's tribal/percussion-friendly. Full album is available for free download at Ektoplazm. :)

• Like 1

I would like to suggest Kolovrat album, and mostly Svarog's Celestial Fire track (in case you haven't heard it yet). It has plenty of traditional melodies and it's tribal/percussion-friendly. Full album is available for free download at Ektoplazm. :)

Whoa, listening to the album now and yes this is great!!

• Like 2