Samples of the new Infected Mushroom album Return to the Sauce

mike.54

• 2 weeks later...

saw infected mushroom last week in byron bay, supported by gaudium and ticon

gaudium was awsome! played some new and old stuff and remixes

ticon was a mixed bag, some of the new stuff held up on the dance floor real well, some didn't

thought i heard some sort of remix of cactus by union jack which was very interesting, he finished with 1987 the riktam and bansi remix i think

overall great set.

infected were well it's hard to explain

powerful is one word.... loud is another

the byron bay crowd were totally into it (if you been there you will know what i meen)

byron is a long way away from the place it was when ray castle brought goa to the region

erez was amazing! and totally live he was working bloody hard, and could not fault him at all

dudev on other hand well you know, he is an entertainer and he entertained!

they new their set, heard some old school classical mush and maybe 1 track from gathering, but was kind of mashed up

with samples of their new stuff

overall they wern't bad, musically and production wize flawless

the guitar and drums were kind of cool, and created some depth, but samples could of replaced them quite easily

dub step stuff was crap, and couldn't dance to it, quite often there was so much going on they chopped and changed

alot, was hard to follow them

afterwards friend of mine aproached them and dudev put his hand in his face and walked away, what a prick

he is to cool for school if you ask me

but along way away from where they started

unless you like their new stuff, don't see them live as you will be dissapointed

highlight - ticon/gaudium and hearing some classical mushroom with modern production and great sound

saw infected mushroom last week in byron bay, supported by gaudium and ticon

gaudium was awsome! played some new and old stuff and remixes

ticon was a mixed bag, some of the new stuff held up on the dance floor real well, some didn't

thought i heard some sort of remix of cactus by union jack which was very interesting, he finished with 1987 the riktam and bansi remix i think

overall great set.

infected were well it's hard to explain

powerful is one word.... loud is another

the byron bay crowd were totally into it (if you been there you will know what i meen)

byron is a long way away from the place it was when ray castle brought goa to the region

erez was amazing! and totally live he was working bloody hard, and could not fault him at all

dudev on other hand well you know, he is an entertainer and he entertained!

they new their set, heard some old school classical mush and maybe 1 track from gathering, but was kind of mashed up

with samples of their new stuff

overall they wern't bad, musically and production wize flawless

the guitar and drums were kind of cool, and created some depth, but samples could of replaced them quite easily

dub step stuff was crap, and couldn't dance to it, quite often there was so much going on they chopped and changed

alot, was hard to follow them

afterwards friend of mine aproached them and dudev put his hand in his face and walked away, what a prick

he is to cool for school if you ask me

but along way away from where they started

unless you like their new stuff, don't see them live as you will be dissapointed

highlight - ticon/gaudium and hearing some classical mushroom with modern production and great sound

I have to comment only on the "Duvdev" part, I'm Israeli (just like Eisen and Duvdev) so maybe its not that great example but I saw Duvdev 2 days in a row, the first day was at a masterclass he and Eisen participated at my college, the day after was at dinner at the hotel just before their show.

I took pictures and had a few words with them, the difference between Duvdev and Eisen is that Duvdev knows he is star and Eisen doesen't, Eisen is more humble than Duvdev for sure, but Duvdev is a nice funny guy, I don't think that the fact that he ignored your friend means he is a prick, and on the live show he is the entartainer, but of course they both participating equally at the production.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm hearing this full album TODAY for the first time and to my surprise, it's actually not terrible. There is a singing track late in the album that made me almost jump through the window, and before that I was tempted to slash my wrists once or twice. Past that however, there may be hope.

This is the most old-school sounding IM style album I've heard by them since maybe B.P. Empire... (!!!)

Of course it's no B.P., Classical, or Gathering. The GOA isn't there anymore. But COMPARED to the ASHIT we've gotten from them for the last 1-2 decades AND in relation to being a stand-alone PSY-influenced electronic album, it's pretty good! Hmmm..

I guess that's what happens when you mix cocaine with LSD and some sativa weed. There were shrooms in there too, somewhere, I think.

I just----

Fuck me. What year is it?

• Haha 1