Samples of the new Infected Mushroom album Return to the Sauce

mike.54

IM lovin' this topic

Here's a very shot description of them sauce tracks.

1: Streching it .... (some robotic trudging is very much The 2012 Messanger, and the track Classical Mushroom)
2: Bouncy .. (highlight of the "ba-ba"'ing melody sounds familier)
3: Strolling
4: Funky
5: .... frisky ("if the whole album was like this it would be more pure psytrance as promoted)
6: Play (IM loving its slightly lifting structure - This is the sort of stuff that reminds me of the awe remixes by Violet Vision)
7: do I hear hints of Queen's The Show Must Go On in it? (LOVE that beginning, OMGoa)
8: shroomed vibed (hoping as the single story goes that it was the least good track of the new album. It wasn't)
9: Big stadium. Thats what They have become. Stadium music for the BASSnGLITCH masses.

maybe the HOMmega guy needs to become a vegan 

A true quote from the IM-forum: " left with wanting / expecting something more." - If I where 20 years old again, and was to try psychedelics/magic mushrooms for the very first time and listen to Psytrance/Infected Mushroom for the first time (personally i never heard IM before the trip had just begun). I wonder how much this album would have rocked my hat like "The Gathering and Classical Mushroom" did that night 16 years ago.
(1 CDr with random tracks not heard before provided by a buddy sailing in the same "boat" :D )

In IM i Trust and thanks to them I still to this day appreciate and Love so much Psytrance. So if this is the closest they've been to a full lenght psytrance album in 10 years (Ye time flies). Then just maybe, they will go backwards and release truer and truer Psytrance going deeper to the core of their Psytrance roots bringing all their collected mushroom friends and street teams or whats it called the IM geeks with them (deepest being Shiva Shidapu - some Crop Circles tracks 4Sure influenced some IM tracks. No doubt) ;) - oh wooow.... what a thought right!? Because Roy Shidapu is going on 604 strong <3 ). And hey, I totally believe in a IM CV 3 double album, *puff puff* a 

I was listening to a TRANSDRIVER live-set on the internet radio here a while back. I could have sworn I heard tracks that reminded me very much of the true vibe from CLASSICAL MUSHROOM and Especially, THE GATHERING (Return of the Shadows ... WOW). TRASDRIVER's new full lengt album has 1 track in perticular that actually allowes me to re-feel that OLD SCOOL IM sound. Honetly, if a producer like him (Transdriver) decided to make that old IM sound, I think he could. The Gathering has amazing tracks. And very very little of the annoying compared to the new annoyance. imho. I mean the few times shidapu and IM became "too annoying" is so little to how much "awesome" where present. Today the annoying seems to have infected 2 much of the material, again im humble (yes) opinion.

And lets never forget this unreleased classic gem of a track. Some say its not IM. Some say it was IMs Hallucinogen approach. Some say its Hallucinogen unreleased, some say its Hallucinogenic Mushroom (IM+Posford). Ive always thought of it as IM- Unreleased

* Thats nice, a continues mix released on Hommega official. I love DJ mixes. Why so few (imo) good IM ones out there? Please share if you know of one!

I was listening to a TRANSDRIVER live-set on the internet radio here a while back. I could have sworn I heard tracks that reminded me very much of the true vibe from CLASSICAL MUSHROOM and Especially, THE GATHERING (Return of the Shadows ... WOW). TRASDRIVER's new full lengt album has 1 track in perticular that actually allowes me to re-feel that OLD SCOOL IM sound. Honetly, if a producer like him (Transdriver) decided to make that old IM sound, I think he could. The Gathering has amazing tracks. And very very little of the annoying compared to the new annoyance. imho. I mean the few times shidapu and IM became "too annoying" is so little to how much "awesome" where present. Today the annoying seems to have infected 2 much of the material, again im humble (yes) opinion.

Wow, never heard about it - awesome music! Thanks :)

I was never a big IM fan, but I did like The Gathering and some other tracks. BP Empire and Classical Mushroom etc. never got to me. But, this new album does really sounds like post 2000 Infected Mushroom, just in a modern EDM way. For the record, I think it's really annoying music, but at the same time it reminds me of a cheesy track I liked in the beginning of my discovery of goa and psytrance: Deeply Disturbed :)

To me it's clear that IM was trying to find a commercial way to reach the masses for years, without claiming something else. But if you're still with your head in the period of The Gathering, you're bound to be disappointed. Things can change over 20 years you know. :)

• Like 2

By the way I saw some people didn't like any of the tracks but actually if there was one reason why its the most "oldschool" Infected since 2001 its just because of Gravity Waves, I know its a remix for an old remix they did at 1999 (by the way its sounds much better than the original and you can barely claim they are even a bit similar), but I saw a video that someone filmed, it is their most oldest dj set on the web, and you can see people raving the s**t out of themselves to this track (its basically even got better now).

Also, if you know The Fly which they made with Space Cat (Cat On Mushrooms) you can find out that Milosh intro is very similar to this track's intro (it was also played at the same dj set at 1999).

New Bust a Move remix teas :

BLiSS Is So God Damn Hard, Man! #D 1. Duvdev is the lollest guy around. Big Heart. 2. The soon to be released IM - Remix album (Like the BstaMve track by Bliss, and I guess the -pretty cool but nothing can of course beat the original(s)- LOUD & Domestic remix of "Psycho".. Shall be interesting/fun/cool to get that album. Im hearing same same but different like the remix album to jUNO rEACtor.

*CV - Trance Side, took me actually over a years time to get back to, fall into and love. Its a really good clean slated IM-psytrance CD. To this day its crisp.
All IM tracks are structure and texture driving devine , , , To use the 0 to 7 MrAnarchy-metascale, (7) being Fantastic and (0) being new IM is shit;

Infected Mushroom - Small Moves / Intelligate EP (Shiva Space Technology)
Infected Mushroom - The Gathering (7)
Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom (7)
Infected Mushroom - B.P. - Empire (6)
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians (6)
Infected Mushroom - IM the Supervisor (50)
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious (50)
Infected Mushroom - Legend of the Black Shawarma (50)
Infected Mushroom - Army of Mushrooms (50)
IM - Friends on Mushrooms (40-5)
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians II (4-50)
Infected Mushroom - Return To The Sauce (50)
Infected Mushroom - ReMixeD (?)

Like the circle of a mushroom cap. I'm waiting for 

IM - Friends on Mushrooms 2
Infected Mushroom - IM Loving it
Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians III (Trance Side + Other Side)
Infected Mushroom - B.P. Kingdom
Infected Mushroom - Symphonic Mushroom
Infected Mushroom - The Reassembly

I.Shidapu 

• Like 1

Sorry about that. Hadn't had brealfast yet and smoked too much tobacco. Its not important. Shiva Shawarma ! 

This was made without "stems" from Erez or Joerg. Its made from scratch by the artist. I quit like it and he told me personally at a festival we both played at that he even used another chant then the orginal by Shiva Shidapu. Sounds neither way great to me, i think its quit a good one. So I bought the EP. The orher track sounds like A.P.

Some more remix of the truer old:

and there is this one:

Please PM me when Infected Mushroom sounds like this "again":

I'm sorry but I think its terrible, maybe The Gathering style is the kind of music some people misses, because this is a different style called Nitzhonot and IMO its one of the worst things ever and even the artists who did it themselves make jokes about it and say how terrible it is.

By the way, they consider The Gathering as some sub style of Nizhonot and Erez said he thinks its terrible (IMO it was a masterpiece and it was not similar to that style, but that's his opinion, so if you would mention this I think he would have denied that he made this track :) ).

I think it's just a matter of tastes :)

By the way, the opinion of the people who did it is not all that matters, because its very usual and understandable that the tastes of the artists evolve through time. We are all humans after all. Some time ago a group of friends and me made a research to find the name of some old tracks. They were from Shidapu, seems that Erez didn't denied it (that would be a little bit immature don't you think?) but of course that explains the fact that they are unreleased.

The most important thing in music is the feeling and what can I say? Infected Mushroom is very boring for me. Very well produced boring music if you want hehe. Shidapu music and those unreleased tracks have rage. But of course, that's a matter of tastes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Antic, could you please take the time to point out where you connect this Sauce album wth the two first? Because Im struggling for the most to hear what your so positivelly :) happy comparing about.. Actually, after this album, i am starting to thinkk an old silly thought that IM's legendary albums, are not made by them 2 only, it was co-created by other minds of the psytrance scene. Listening to the Sauce I am unable to hear how in earth/space they managed to make such powerful alternative trance music like Gathering and Classical.. Since 1996... Smth smth...... PS: You members of psynews are mostly Goa-fans, and damn awesome at it. Is there not a single person that can agree that listening/mixing like a DJ together tracks from Classical, and artists like Crop Circles (DAT Records release) works marvoulus together???? Im so dissepointed that noone really mixes in IM in their DJ-sets. IM with, you name them? ..... (Etnica, X-dream,....Hallucinogen - respect)

Wow, did they kill Duvdev? I honestly hope so, because this sounds GREAT!!!   :wub:

I am lolling with a heart-smile when the sample comes in ("Brundlefly" in Independence Day 2) right after Duvdev's first voice sample comes in the Gravity Waves remix!! Humour and self-irony = :wub:

*/whops sorry my fault my fault /

i thought they were back on psy as well but know better than to be fooled...

Give them 3 more albums, maybe they will be there where you want them to be   :P 

Forget Infected Mushroom, bring back Shiva Shidapu  :P

This. Please.

Well, Shiva Joerg is still going on :) And Roy "Zion604" Shidapu is still rocking the Goatrance. So... One can hope! 

( .... )  but imho this is a really bad thing for the psy scene. i really wish they'd finally do what protoculture has done and turn their back on psytrance once and for all. another album that's partly psy and partly commercial crap is going to make the commercial crap (even more) acceptable at parties. infected's last albums have thankfully largely been ignored on the scene, but i fear that it's not going to be the case if their new album is better than the last.

LoL I understand your concern, and that ship sailed with many other acts over the years long time ago, so... Damage is already done and it is here to stay as "Psychedelic" is in the trendy wind with *all be like microdosing and few be heroic dosing - nothing wrong, just sayin'. Also its all the wrong social inflating druqs imho, the too much mdma and coke and speed. Its not a healthy thing for the progression of psytrance as all these f-ers are being coked of ego and claiming to be psy -trance. Quit ugly i think. Shamefull. Even the hippies of Goa in the 70-s etc where idiots, smugling and dealing so much heroin and speed... All are hypocrits when you go down on it. "all". Cool is that Shanga is being very commen, and thats potent psychedelic + few people will dare mix dmt with other drugs like coke i hope, which is a real no no like mixing mushrooms with coke, in my strong opinion. Just the whole lets take much MDMA so we wount feel the LSD is to me weird and escaping. .......Even though famous people like the Sir Postorder guy is infamous for snorting the soda... they "all" do it. There is a reason for why we connect and love psychedelic trance music. It is not a EDM club thing where you get drunk and touch girls asses. Its much more ,,holy" then that. Guacamole. PS. I have no drug problems, I am not an addict. And I have nothing against proclaiming no drug usage. Drugs open up stuff, sure, but it can also fuck up shit, majorly.  So take care of yourself and your surroundings, life is potentially a loong ride. Love yourself and one and other. Enjoy and live it. Dont screw it over to early. . I love music. I love sense. *whippersnapper*

( .... )  This album however seems like a genuine return to the source - sure it's still more flashy, "synthetic" as Jon called it and loud, but I can hear the musical genius I heard on Classical Mushroom and even if Duvdev is singing somewhere it is so heavily processed, that you could convince me it's a synth.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt, I say.

I also hear some really masterfull pieces of music/sections/melodies inside this album. Its typical IM beauty that always manages to deliver in some way or the other.., and some parts are really to me impressive. But after listening to this album many times over, Im very much left empty of joy for it.. Its like it feels like a inbetweener before they actually do it, make smth proper psytrance again. Tastes are like the ass, devided and usually it stinks. But man, man oh man. I aint hearing it in this Sauce. So much lack.. 

But again, the awesome is in there sometimes, beautiful pieces of stuff inside. 

( .... )  As I said, I can hear a lot of similarities to Classical, ............... than the singing in "Dracul" off of Classical Mushroom.

All in all, it won't set your world on fire like early IM trilogy did, but it's really great to see them returning to more "proper" psychedelic trance, at least their interpretation of it.

As soon as the CD is out, I'm buying it!

I can not believe Im missing it. I cant really hear what your so eagerly writing. Its like all the shroom from Classical Mushroom is gone and left is the trail the ghost, the very weak reflection of what was, or the Guacamole. 

I LOVE the voice in DRACUlL! Small Moves. Classical Mushroom track, so much coool use of the Duvdev voice! Groove Attack is really cool for what it is. And to go back, Send Me A Angel" is so well crafted that you can feel the spit on your face when listening to its hebrew. Very cool I think the production is. Kudos. 

Just had a quick listen on spotify today but i agree with what you say. It is back to psytrance again and more of the original infected sound with tweaking and twisting effects, quite complex melodies and chord progressions.
I liked what i heard but will take a more detailed listen some other day but first impression is best one in a long time from them.

I actually (so far) like both LotBS and AoM better then this Sauce album :phe4r:  ... A lot of the eager comments about IM being back on trance sounds to me are mostly from people coming into the IM- & Psytrance with CV - Deeply Disturbed, Im the Soupnazi's Cities of the Future, and V.D. - Becoming Insane. That IM music just like the first three IM albums, have managed to inspire and pull a lot of poeple in. I pitty those who only diggs the new IM and do not fancy the old- IM so much.  I guess they pitty me/us too! All IM has smth. Just now with this Sauce album, i am starting to question if they actually where solely the ones making the first ones. Because the all is soo mucch more impressive and FAT *whooooo!! then on this new shit. And I am baffled by how many people ENJOY the annoyance of (especially) new IM. I dont think no matter how young i would have been when first encountering IM,  I would ever love that jalla rabble off sounds... Its just not good. All IM has it to some degree, when its supposed to get "crazy". Its just becomes annoying to me : / WiiiWHiiiiIIIHIIIIIWEEEEWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-SKRIIIITCH_SCRAAAAATCH.. nonsense

The Gathering and Classical Mushroom are still one of the best psytrance albums of all time and no matter what they will make, that music will always have a special place in my heart. This is just marketing that goes well with nostalgia, but folks here on Psynews who experienced thoose two albums are smart and won't be fooled I guess. But, I'm sure there will be people who will enjoy the new IM 'psytrance'. IM just not one of thoose :)

Hear here!. - Always supporting them though, with much entusiasme and love ........... IM 4 Life

Finally! Ordered mine today from Arabescue distribution bandcamp

It includes download in all digital formats and unlimited streaming :)

• Like 1

( .... )  Talpa, Faradize, Principles Of Flight and Misted Muppet offered a lot of content that somehow sounds a lot better than this new stuff, in my personal opinion.

The Gathering and Classical Mushroom are still one of the best psytrance albums of all time and no matter what they will make, that music will always have a special place in my heart.

Very much agree, even though I havent heard much of Talpa's releases beyond the first. Talpa and Erez respectfully share that innocence of having not taken magic mushrooms / or any drugs at all before making such magic mushroom like music, if you'd like. The Misted Muppets I bought and it fell off my ears for a long while being too full-on and weary on the ears. In general, thank god for Pitch on CDJs. Its much better some slowed down imo.. And lets not forget about the 'The Immaculate Perception ‎' album released by Nystagmus. 

Oh and MOST DEFO, for both IM psytrance, and Prog. Psytrance. Listen to the works of Frost Raven (exclamation marks)

Check out the second album, thee olde ones: https://www.discogs.com/artist/1091552-Frost-Raven

Whooo! What joyride. What ever happen to him? https://www.discogs.com/artist/170519-Nystagmus 

*Faradize. Never heard. Gonna check it out.  :)