Samples of the new Infected Mushroom album Return to the Sauce

mike.54

i thought they were back on psy as well but know better than to be fooled...

track 8 and 9 off the new album apparently...

yuck.

But both are awesome!!! Even if Duvdev is singing it's incomprehensible and I'm all for whatever crazy sound manipulations Erez is doing, whether it's psy, dubstep or Skrillex-type drill-fest. Really looking forward to it :)

I Wish duvdev will lose his voice and never speak again, and for erez to

to be more creative and give his older listeners something we can actually

pay attention to.

I Wont turn this thread into a nostalgia thread of back in the day IM (tho i realy want to:p

So, yeah, it's cute, but infected mushroom used to be such an amazing act.

Meah, ill see how reviews go befor ill even think about getting this one.

*Nice to see Hommega releasing this.

• Like 1

the samples (the first two tracks in the first post at least) certainly sound better than the last album. but imho this is a really bad thing for the psy scene. i really wish they'd finally do what protoculture has done and turn their back on psytrance once and for all. another album that's partly psy and partly commercial crap is going to make the commercial crap (even more) acceptable at parties. infected's last albums have thankfully largely been ignored on the scene, but i fear that it's not going to be the case if their new album is better than the last.

The Gravity Waves remix is GREAT! they are good producers and sound makers but their new musical direction is awful. While listening this remix I wonder how their other old tracks could be sounds like after remix. I wish more old remixed tracks in this sound then new tracks (no hope)..and it'd be easier for them, half work :D

They've gotten TOO SYNTHETIC for me, too machine-like, too NOISEY

I miss their deeply musical, magical melody work. The video with the mushrooms dancing has a catchy tune, but that's about it, and when you hear the FULL track, you'll notice the tune part is the last third of it. Before it, the song is fairly minimal and just not very good IMO.

And if you think there's no singing (or the vocals are creatively great) sample this halfway through. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNv6Y_0wfIE

Think of me what you will, but I'm genuinely excited for this! Sure, Duvdev is still an obnoxious dick and every time I see two of them together I pity Erez, but at least they acknowledge their departure from roots: "Psy-trance is kind of back. For us it never went away, but we went away". The music REALLY does sounds great and very old-school in that unmistakable IM style - like Classical Mushroom on steroids!

BTW, fuck HOM Mega for releasing it first on iTunes, then digitally and only after that on CD. How the f**ck does that make any sense???

Sure, Duvdev is still an obnoxious dick and every time I see two of them together I pity Erez, but at least they acknowledge their departure from roots

isn't there a proverb somewhere... "A bad tree does not yield good apples."

i've never met or seen interactions of the IM dudes... but it stands to reason that if music is an expression of the soul and your soul is tainted, then your music will reflect that.

having listened to the full album... my opinion stands... yuck.

i couldn't quite put my finger on it... the lack of mystery, depth or vibes... but i think you hit the nail on the head, it sounds like obnoxious dick music.

i would like to officially nominate Infected Mushroom be retired from the annals of psytrance from here on. their new barely psy-based tracks sound like amateurs compared to the artists featured in the best psy albums of 2016 thread.

Wow wow wow the harsh comments some of you guys are putting out here...tainted souls, dicks, etc...

Let's get this straight guys, you just don't like their music. Doesn't make their music bad and doesn't make them bad guys.

Wow wow wow the harsh comments some of you guys are putting out here...tainted souls, dicks, etc...

Let's get this straight guys, you just don't like their music. Doesn't make their music bad and doesn't make them bad guys.

i never made any conclusion on IM as people... making bad music doesn't make you a bad guy. but bad guys do make bad music.

i feel that an artist that has done that inner exploration and found a place of humbleness would likely produce better music than someone who is arrogant. it's not just music but all facets of life. hence the proverb.

that being said, i just watched the video of their album preview... and you can tell Duvdev was thinking, "i should put on my sunglasses for a dimly lit video session indoors to maintain my cool image"...

I love their first 3 albums, but I still "hate" Duvdev because if it wasn't for him Erez alone would have went into different direction. This album however seems like a genuine return to the source - sure it's still more flashy, "synthetic" as Jon called it and loud, but I can hear the musical genius I heard on Classical Mushroom and even if Duvdev is singing somewhere it is so heavily processed, that you could convince me it's a synth.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt, I say.

But I still think Duvdev is a dick :P

Studio Blog about the new album

the more seconds i watch from this video, the more i wish that someone hit duvduv's head hard with a shovel. erez must have infinite tolerance and patience to be able to endure being in the same room with a talking duvdev for those 16 minutes. obnoxious is definitely the right word.

the music itself seems unspectacular. while there are some bits of old infected here and there, those "super old school" "psytrance" parts that duvdev talks about sound more like vini vici than anything else.