antic604    470

@Padmapani it's private, so you need to post a link, not embed the Soundcloud player (like I did on previuos page)

Padmapani    342

it should be working now. soundcloud and the semi-automatic embedding here on the forum confuses me :)

recursion loop    402

surprisingly i didn't forget. so here you go:

link

I quite like it, but I would never guess that this bassline is layered.

Nice melodic stuff, hope to hear more your music.

antic604    470

Nice melodic stuff, hope to hear more your music.

+1, was disappointed there were only 2 short samples on your Soundcloud...

• Like 1

Padmapani    342

thanks everyone!

+1, was disappointed there were only 2 short samples on your Soundcloud...

and these two are horribly outdated or created just as an example for a thread like this one.

i cannot post more at the moment because i wrote lots of tracks without bothering to do any proper mixdown in the last years :). so fixing that exactly what i'm working on at the moment.

• Like 1

Padmapani    342

the new one is definitely better. the notes/release in the first one is a bit too long, making the single bass notes overlap and "smear". also the frequencies seem more even (better eq'd) in the second one.

• Like 2

recursion loop    402

Thanks!  I also like the second one more. Still not perfect but closer to what I'm after and sounds better in itself.

recursion loop    402

Really great bassline tutorial from one of my most favourite producers, Sonic Elysium.

This guy surely knows what he is taliking about, highly recommended.

• Like 1

Padmapani    342

really useful and precise tutorial. but at the same time it's totally technical, reminding me of cosmosis' tips to use your ears instead of spectrum analysers and to not overthing technicalities but instead spend more time focusing on the actual music ;)

as always it's good to know skills but even more important to know when to use them :)

• Like 2

recursion loop    402

to  use your ears instead of spectrum analysers and to not overthing technicalities but instead spend more time focusing on the actual music ;)

Fair enough, especially today when psytrance is often made like that: 2 months to make a perfect kbbb, then 2 hours to drop random farts, squelches and drug talk samples on top of it and then it is ready to be signed to Nano or Iono.

I like making kbbbs as much as I like washing my dishes and cleaning my kitchen. But it needs to be done therefore i'm constantly looking for some shortcuts. Seems that the best shortcut here is to get the actual understanding of the process.

• Like 2