Martian Arts - Giant Locusts [TIP Records]

And so, a long awaited (by me, at least) full-length from Martian Arts is about to be released by TIP Records.

tipr2017006cd.jpg

The cover is typically cheesy & fun TIP stuff, but I'm certain the music will more than make up for it - his style draws the energy from the typical Nano Rec. templates (bass+drums), but greatly expands upon it using lots of analog, modular hardware synths and effects, which makes it stand apart. No track-list is available at the moment, but - considering his track records - I'm sure we'll find several interesting collaborations on there, which is always a positive thing ensuring some diversity.

I'm eagerly looking forward to it!  :wub:

• Like 2

Cheers.

The cover is supposed to be funny and cheesy. I like the old retro-scifi vibe that has a healthy dose of humour...anyway.

The tempo and style is a bit more varied in the album...from 136 (no its not prog) to 148. Collaborations involve: Eat Static, The Rave Commission, Radical Frrequencies (Nikolas from Radical Distortion, yes it is the more Goa track of the album) and the fantastic newcomers, Ingrained Instincts.

Most of the album (well bit more than 50% to be honest), does not follow the Nano template, but I understand the reference, especially when I hear the stuff I released, well, on Nano Records.

CDs are going into manufacture next week, so it looks like February.

• Like 1

The tempo and style is a bit more varied in the album...from 136 (no its not prog) to 148. Collaborations involve: Eat Static, The Rave Commission, Radical Frrequencies (Nikolas from Radical Distortion, yes it is the more Goa track of the album) and the fantastic newcomers, Ingrained Instincts. Most of the album (well bit more than 50% to be honest), does not follow the Nano template, but I understand the reference, especially when I hear the stuff I released, well, on Nano Records.

CDs are going into manufacture next week, so it looks like February.

Awesome!  :wub:

Good luck with promotion, sales & gigs!

BTW, the reference to Nano Rec. wasn't a criticism - the things that you take inspiration from are the solid foundations, that work great. The issue myself - and many others - have with Nano is that 1) they don't do much to build up interesting stuff on top of that foundation, 2) they somehow force all their artists (with few exceptions, e.g. Loud) into this template: just listen to their recent compilations and you could easily fool me they are artist albums. Your music that I heard is nothing like that: it's much more funky, full of creative sounds, rhythmic and musical ideas, very individual and characteristic. Keep it up :)

• Like 1

Fair enough, although I have it pretty certain that Nano is not forcing anyone to do Nano style music. The Nano artists enjoy to make the stuff they make.

I did not take it as a critism, I took it as an observation.

With regards to what I do, 22 years of partying has left an imprint on what I do in the studio as well. But when it comes down to it the funk gets the better of me ;)

Artwork carries over from the theme started by Mad Tribe, which I got inspired from and I think its great as there have been a lot of "serious" (for lack of a better word) covers, anyway.

And I do like a good piss take!

• Like 1

Fair enough, although I have it pretty certain that Nano is not forcing anyone to do Nano style music. The Nano artists enjoy to make the stuff they make.

Well, from the outside it LOOKS like they are. In the end it's probably the result of that sound being really popular & effective, combined with the artists exchanging patches, tips & tricks, or straight up collaborating and picking workflow ideas from each other. Still, it is kind of sad when you hear V/A "A Taste of South African Psychedelics" with 20+ artists and it all basically sounds the same.

Artwork carries over from the theme started by Mad Tribe, which I got inspired from and I think its great as there have been a lot of "serious" (for lack of a better word) covers, anyway.And I do like a good piss take!

Yeah, that was my 1st thought when I saw it! Mad Tribe album is really great - simple, slightly formulaic but you can tell those guys have years of experience working the dancefloor and they just know how to build a tune. One of those days I need to get around to writing a review for it, because it is criminally overlooked :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Opaaa!

Nice to see you here Nectarios :)

Martian Arts is one of my favorite artists and I was waiting this album for some time. (You said september '16, not february '17 :P )

After spending some great time with him here in Serbia I can say that he is not just great producer, he is a great person aswell :)

All the best with album mate, I'm sure it will be great :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...