Talamasca butchering a few X-Dream tracks

MrAnarchy

really? i've been out of touch with people who do this sort of thing regularly for 3-4 years now, but before that it was almost tiring to turn down all the acid (yes, real lsd) or free shrooms all the time. i guess it depends on which people you party with at the time...

looking at the local drug test results, there was plenty of tabs getting tested in the last two years and most of them had real lsd. maybe it's also a regional thing?

Not nearly as much as in the 90s. Also LSD is nearly extinct. I have been scouring for it for years and didnt find it so yeah.

Tabs that you find on festivals and parties are all NBome or DOx or some other reserch chemical.

I read an article some time ago which said that if you had sufficient chemistry knowledge to make LSD it was easier and more profitable to make other drugs instead.

I read an article some time ago which said that if you had sufficient chemistry knowledge to make LSD it was easier and more profitable to make other drugs instead.

Well it could be, Im not gonna say thats not true since im not a chemist but it wouldnt make marketing sense. I mean the point of cutting a drug with something else or substituting it entirely like on tabs is to make more money. The substitute drug should be cheaper and/or easier to make. 

maybe it's also a regional thing?

If what you say is true, this is probably the case. Kinda weird tho, because XTC pills are really potent here but that is the characteristic of the entire EU I guess.

i have enough chemistry knowledge to know that it's one of the most difficult to synthesise among illegal drugs. you'd need a skilled chemist in a properly equipped laboratory, neither of which are required for most other commonly used psychoactives. but the thing is that while one gram of mdma is ten doses, one gram of lsd is 10000 doses, so the potential for profit is definitely greater.

but of course blotter without any active substance will always be cheaper to produce than any active product.

• Like 1

Not nearly as much as in the 90s. Also LSD is nearly extinct. I have been scouring for it for years and didnt find it so yeah.

Tabs that you find on festivals and parties are all NBome or DOx or some other reserch chemical.

absolutly not my expirience, been partying since 1996 and the most dominant type of drug these days were mdma. On the other side there is a lot of lsd around today

Last time I saw Talamasca, in London for the first time (i think i posted on here in excitement) I was bitterly dissapointed.. Now back in Aus and he is coming to a friends party in a month or so... I am not..that hopeful with this new stuff..

I got to talk to him in London that night and he was an awesome guy.. I couldn't bear to ask him why the change in direction etc face to face. Maybe I will this time who knows..He is quite approachable so we will see.

As to the drugs/influence thing.. I think of course its correct that there is just a broader audience now and a lot of parties/fests go for numbers and the evil thing of money.. Hence a lot of producers end up with this watered down shite catering to the lowest common denominator...This has been known/debated on these boards for years haha.

For me it just makes it all the sweeter when artists don't fall into that trap hah. :)

PS: In Oz good acid is def still around quite a lot (nbome etc too of course) Not everyone is tripping, and not even the majority but probably 1/3 I would say at most parties.