Trance2MoveU

YXjp0v6.jpg

Artist: PsySutra

Title: Nebulla Cebulla EP

Label: Neogoa Records

Date: December, 2016

01 - PsySutra - Infinnitus Anniversarius
02 - PsySutra - Semper Fi
03 - Artha - Insidelamp (PsySutra Remix)
04 - PsySutra - Air Trance Corporation (Red Sun Rising Remix)

rb7nzcc.gif

PsySutra is Łukasz Wiącek and with this 4 track digital EP he appears to be flexing his creative muscles.  Like you I was expecting music in the vein of his recent release Gamma Phoenicis, but this is most certainly not that.  Neogoa's final release for 2016 is quite interesting and at least for me wholly unexpected.  For starters the cover looks like half an onion floating through space.  Is it just me?  Not my favorite work by Ivan, but if the music is good he could put a Campbell's soup can up there and I wouldn't care.

And it is.

Infinnitus Anniversarius- Pretty good psychedelic opener.  The second half really kicks the door in. 

Semper Fi- is almost 11 and a half minutes of aggressive goa trance.  Throaty 303s growl fiercely and he adds some Posford-esque chopped vocals and it just pounds all the way through.

Insidelamp (PsySutra Remix)-  This was one of the Artha tracks I really liked and Lukasz went and turned it into a smooth downtempo track.  The lead flutters overhead while down below the slow dub beat plods on.  Sparkle fresh.  Then the breakbeat picks up the pace for a bit before settling in for the final chill. 

Air Trance Corporation (Red Sun Rising Remix) has floating, ethereal pads as the machine gun bass line marches in a progressive tempo.  Can get lost in this one.

While it's not my favorite, it's not a bad ep at all and shows the artist stretching his talent to other areas while still showing he can cause some goa earthquakes. 

Ektoplazm

• Like 1

For starters the cover looks like half an onion floating through space.  Is it just me?  Not my favorite work by Ivan, but if the music is good he could put a Campbell's soup can up there and I wouldn't care.

You're right, the word cebula on Polish means onion and he wanted some galaxy-alike onion on the artwork to fit with the EP name. For sure, not the most exciting thing to design :)

Thanks for your review Mike, as always interesting to read :)

• Like 2