Daydream Shaman

2kijad

I really like it! Triplets rarely work for me, but in this case you made it really interesting, especially with that fade-in 2nd bass layer, which adds an unusual, very cool groove. Still, your music is an acquired taste - it's pretty dark, mysterious and - at first - sounds fairly "empty" which in fact it isn't: it's full of delicate, well chosen and placed sounds, that (very) slowly build up to something more meaningful: sometimes more melodic, sometimes more experimental, but always interesting. There's palpable tension in your music, though it's never aggressive or energetic, but it's rather constrained, controlled and held under wraps. Some will not like it, but I really appreciate that. Stylistically, I'd say it very much fits into what Trick Music is doing (Scorb, Squid Inc., Deviant Species, etc.) - kind of psychedelic techno married with dark, cold ambient. Also, it helps immensely that your production skills are already very, very solid.

It's really a pleasure to see your music grow over the last few months that I've been following you! If I could advice something, I'd suggest to maybe try to condense the ideas a bit more and make them even crazier, because slow(er) tempo allows to put more flair into individual sounds? To that end, maybe try to spend more time on polishing given track, instead of putting a new one every 2-3 days? Also, you could maybe think of introducing more variety into your arrangements: most tracks have very similar structure: dark intro, dry drums, spooky voices, then a transition from triplets to straight 4/4 or the other way around, then some melodic element and a wind down. I don't mean it is a wrong arrangement - I try to write along those ways myself - but after hearing 10 tracks all following the same scheme it gets a bit predictable. Still, awesome work! :)

• Like 1

Happy to see your comment! A very useful one! Thanks for that. I have collected the last 8 tracks into an album and its now in distribution to be released on 18th of Jan. I will try to change the structure as well as the sound. In the end it's the matter of taste. I've been working on the quality of sound and i tried to fit the music in my personal taste for the last few months, I think i've reached my goal. now i will try to work on the actual content and people that are likely to listen to it. 

• Like 1

Happy to see your comment! A very useful one! Thanks for that. I have collected the last 8 tracks into an album and its now in distribution to be released on 18th of Jan. I will try to change the structure as well as the sound. In the end it's the matter of taste. I've been working on the quality of sound and i tried to fit the music in my personal taste for the last few months, I think i've reached my goal. now i will try to work on the actual content and people that are likely to listen to it.

Good to hear that! Lease keep us posted about release of your music :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that's really great! I mean I rarely am in the mood to listen to such depressive, dark and moody / melancholic music, but when I do this really fits perfectly - it wouldn't be out of place in Trick Music or Zenon Records catalogues; it's this good, both technically and artistically.

Please consider putting it on Bandcamp - I'd buy it :)