GlitchModus - Off the Grid - Psytrance Mix 140 BPM

psychasm

Ok, this is properly fucked up...

In the most positive, crazy and awesome way!!!  :wub:

Basically every second of it is great - it sounds like a contemporary Sean "Process" Williams track: so full of random, but still very coherent and fluid sounds, melodies and rhythms. It flows so effortlessly and must have been a blast to record, I'm sure. One thing that I'd look into is the balance between the ambient parts (from your previous post) and the psy-trance parts, because until the very end it sounds as if the psy-trance was playing behind a wall, so not a lot of the actual groove and rhythms comes through to the front. I'd lower the pitch of the kick (it sound like a slap on the face) and maybe tone down some of the gating / ducking / side-chains because at times it sounds like your computer was dying recording this. I'd think the track would - even more - benefit from that.

But still, it's AWESOME. I mean how come you're not on this compilation representing the SA psychedelic sound boggles the mind :(

• Like 2

Minor update, is what I can manage for now before i start the next project.

Thanks for constructive the comments, it's highly appreciated. Kept all of the side-chaining and is

probably even more pronounced now:)and added some more percs and filters/verb/delays in the transitions.

Kept the kick as is, and processed through g-soniques renegade, along with the bass. Everything else is done

in Reason 7.1

Happy listening:)

https://soundcloud.com/glitchmodus/off-the-grid-original-mix-140-bpm-psytrance

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the feedback and compliments.

It Gives me some more determination to do better work:)

Im taking some time off of production and maybe share just one more experiment

before I go one leave:)

Cheers from Cape Town to the rest of the lovely people.

Ok, this is properly fucked up...

In the most positive, crazy and awesome way!!!  :wub:

Basically every second of it is great - it sounds like a contemporary Sean "Process" Williams track: so full of random, but still very coherent and fluid sounds, melodies and rhythms. It flows so effortlessly and must have been a blast to record, I'm sure. One thing that I'd look into is the balance between the ambient parts (from your previous post) and the psy-trance parts, because until the very end it sounds as if the psy-trance was playing behind a wall, so not a lot of the actual groove and rhythms comes through to the front. I'd lower the pitch of the kick (it sound like a slap on the face) and maybe tone down some of the gating / ducking / side-chains because at times it sounds like your computer was dying recording this. I'd think the track would - even more - benefit from that.

But still, it's AWESOME. I mean how come you're not on this compilation representing the SA psychedelic sound boggles the mind :(

Wow thanks a lot for the vote of confidence. I dont know if i can answer that question. My guess is that maybe it doesnt fit

into the Style of Nano Records?

• 7 months later...