Dark Whisper - Realms of Unseen (Alice-D Records)

Blubber

3 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the album

• 5/5 bliss
    • 4/5 above
    • 3/5 average
    • 2/5 below
    • 1/5 nada
    • 0/5 suicide

a0094509178_10.jpg

ali1cd012_b.jpg

1. Realms of Unseen (142 Bpm)

2. Spiritual Warfare (148 Bpm)

3. raMa (155 Bpm)

4. Idir (160 Bpm)

5. Quantum Entanglement (165 Bpm)

6. Electric Universe (190 Bpm)

7. Saturn-Moon-Matrix (195 Bpm)

8. Hyperspace (195 Bpm)

9. Cern (201 Bpm)

You want the psytrance to be powerful and sophisticated, mystic but noncheesy, surprising and unpredictable, storytelling yet epic, fast, aggressive and dark but at the same time positive and enchanting, full of complex rhythms, percussive elements, twists and turns, uplifting keychanges and delicious sampleria, served in a sci-fi context, with experimental soundimagery transformed into euphoric trance and frenzy hi-tech structures, charming melodies and tribal undertones, acid, breaks and steady beats.. all designed into a beauty digipack..

Well, all this one might find here!! Believe me, normally i don't like the faster stuff but this is so extremely entrancing that i simply forget the tempos and just listen to the enigmatic story Dark Whisper has to tell. Nothing sounds random, out-of-place or harsh. No bullshit or meaningless humtata. This album has a vision, and if you like your trance album be a fulfilled listening experience give this a try. I think all fans of fast psychedelic music will love this, it's perfect for homelistening and must be simply stunning on dancefloors.

Any negatives? Sometimes criticising is only bitching. Sometimes you must appreciate something as what it is. And this is exceptionally storytelling cyberpsy - eat it or leave it. I love it!

@ all those sissies who can't stand fast psy: i want to encourage you to give this a go nontheless, the first half of the album is (like the rest of course) unbelievably amazing and contains some strong tracks for all your psychedelic nighttime sessions.

the rest of you space cowboys - have fun !!!

Label page

Bandcamp

Psyshop

Goastore

Appetizer

• Like 1

in constast to the review in the first post, it is not devoid of harsh sounds

i meant to refer to the overall sound quality and production techniques. of course, you might find some sound manipulations here harsh or even brutal. i consider them meaningful :blush:

Oh, so I'm a "sissy" because I don't like hitech/psycore/etc?

a0094509178_10.jpgi want to encourage you to give this a go nontheless

be easy PaulEye, some of us here are outsiders because they don't praise neogoa, let em their anger ;)

and thanks Starky!

Oh, so I'm a "sissy" because I don't like hitech/psycore/etc? Well, that's nice to know.

You missed a press of the space bar there. Most people seem to, for some inexplicable reason.

In a feisty mood today? Someone posted digital artwork on discogs.com instead of scan / photo? :P ;P

• 2 weeks later...

I own it, and the artwork put into this release is simply amazing! So amazing its a tad bothering to take the CD out of its beautiful casing home. Again, the artwork, the pysical product is non less then superb. I think the only thing so far Im missing from this album that the debut album (Spirit Of An Age) provided was a One journey, that the tracks on the CD where mixed together like a concept. Else, i have not listened and dived inside it enough to start a review. 1st track btw is a Hoot to DJ (its slow also)

https://beatspace-aliced.bandcamp.com/album/dark-whisper-realms-of-unseen-alice-d-records

This is VERY unique, creative, and engrossing release.. that is, when it's not taking tempos into hyperdrive. The album most likely isn't for the uninitiated to more extreme and elaborate electronic PSY journeys.

The first track (Idir) may sound too sped up and experimental for some. I don't like the tempo, though the sound/melody work around 2:30 to whenever is surprisingly catchy! My other issues are Saturn Moon Matrix, Hyperspace, and Cern -- three additional tracks that have too too crazy fast (and thus to me, polarizing) tempos. Replace these tempos with user-friendly beats like those of Realms of Unseen, Spiritual Warfare, Quantum Entanglement, etc., and you have potential to attract a lot more listeners.

The album has some very innovative, musically arresting, and dare I say or think groundbreaking work if you can enjoy or roll with crazy tempo mood swings. All in all, I'd love an album from these guys that provides a more digestible beat. They are no doubt super talented and maybe have done too many drugs, though I hope (imagine) not due to the insanely impressive display of creativity. 

Stream the full album and decide for yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon, nice that u gave it a try! Just for correction: Idir is the fourth track on the album, so the tempos slowly increase from track to track. I think on Youtube they put it on no.1 for having a better reference for the whole album.

Replace these tempos with user-friendly beats like those of Realms of Unseen, Spiritual Warfare, Quantum Entanglement, etc., and you have potential to attract a lot more listeners.

i doubt that this is true. if even wanted. people go crazy on hitech. why should the artist feed some goa mouths?