Iti10 - Pan's Sundarbans

Iti10

Hi dudes, I have just finished my latest track which is actually my final project for the Cubase course I have just finished, it is really not the typical psytrance and it is very melodic, but yet psychedelic and has a prominent rhymthm :

Comments are welcome :)

By the way i edited the post and putted youtube link in addition, because it sounds absolutely s**t on soundclound espescially the crashes, on youtube its fine somehow,

And thats why I added a download link on soundcloud with the original quality, but if you dont want to download you can listen on youtube which is still fine.

• Like 1

Hi dudes, I have just finished my latest track which is actually my final project for the Cubase course I have just finished, it is really not the typical psytrance and it is very melodic, but yet psychedelic and has a prominent rhymthm :

Comments are welcome :)

I like the rhythm in this track. The rest of the stuff is average.

Well look I dont want to justify myself but i am still an amatuer, on my last post i wrote that I am producing only for 6 months, and i havent done it before, i have no musical background (and of course no previous technical background), besides my relative pitch that helps me play melodies from other tracks and maybe you can think of it as a musical sense, anway i believe the other members here much more professional than me, but i glad you liked something :)

Well look I dont want to justify myself but i am still an amatuer, on my last post i wrote that I am producing only for 6 months, and i havent done it before, i have no musical background (and of course no previous technical background), besides my relative pitch that helps me play melodies from other tracks and maybe you can think of it as a musical sense, anway i believe the other members here much more professional than me, but i glad you liked something :)

Eh, I do produce music myself and you can do melodies better than me.

well I have still have many things to improve and I sure if you get more serious about it you can improve also, like everything you have to take serious in order to get better,

This track absolutely not perfect but light years better than my previous tracks.

Ok, now that I take another listen to this track, I think that this track would fit in the Experimental sub-genre of psytrance.

• Like 1

Well yes there is something about that, because its my final project in the cubase course i have just finished they had some demands and they suggested

Tempo or siganture change, so from 0:00-1:00 its basically 3/4 , 72.5 BPM and at 1:00 its becoming 4/4 145 BPM, most of the time I make more "agressive" tracks,

But in matter of fact I think I liked it, but what important is that I learned so much from doing this track (I had 3 week to do it), it has almost as twice

As the channels i used to have, and the eq and putting attention to details was much more intense, at the last part there is a guitar bass low sound which

Actually my friend played (another demand was original recording), but i changed it completely, using vari audio to change the pitch and a lot of cutting and

Fade outs so it will sound better, actually its really different from the original but I really glad I have made such complicated edits (relative to the level I used to).

• Like 1

Three issues with it:

- the bass would probably work & sound better one octave lower,

- I like the unusual beat, but it gets a bit messy / sloppy in 2nd third,

- the track should end around 5:30 - the "melody" at 6:00 and especially at 6:30 is terrible (sorry :P),

Well about the bass actually I tried that and at least in my opinion it sounds better the way it is, the beat actually stays the same and the lead/s alongside it at the second third are weaker (was trying to prevent the mess), the melody at 6:00 its the same melody came before maybe you didnt like the sound (which supposed to be much more crazy and distorted but finally i kept it normal to prevent it being too dirty), and at some point I was just fooling around playing a little different on the same notes.

Anyway thanks for your comment, it is the longest and most complex work I have done so far, if you found "only" 3 issues its not bad and of course I will keep improving.

• Like 1

the melody at 6:00 its the same melody came before maybe you didnt like the sound (which supposed to be much more crazy and distorted but finally i kept it normal to prevent it being too dirty), and at some point I was just fooling around playing a little different on the same notes.

Don't do that, psy-trance is a serious music!  :angry:

Actually not. Do whatever you want, just be aware that a lot of people - myself included - don't appreciate "crazy" / "fool around" melodies. Just check the reviews for recent Crossing Mind's CD :)

Don't do that, psy-trance is a serious music!  :angry:

Actually not. Do whatever you want, just be aware that a lot of people - myself included - don't appreciate "crazy" / "fool around" melodies. Just check the reviews for recent Crossing Mind's CD :)

Well i'll be more specific, first of all when I wrote the sound supposed to be much more crazy I meant soundwise, i am not talking about the melody,

I wanted it to be a distorted and unique sound, but is sounded really ugly and I had so much going on in this track so I left it "gentle" (soundwise),

And by the way it was the final project for the Cubase course i have finished so I had much more on my head than tracks I did for myself.

About the "fooling around" its not mean lets just drop a part there and start laughing, the track has a long build up, so I didn't want the part afterwards will end after 2 seconds,

And I also didnt want to repeat the melody too much so I tried to change a little bit, whether you like it or not its a matter of taste, but I just want to say all the tracks I have done

Besides this one always had more "impressive" melodies at the end of it but the fact that i only pressed one note and got an arp sequence,

In this track besides the arp part after the first break I played all the melodies myself, so I prefer playing my stuff and get better with time rather than play a sequence

that sounds good, and by the way I think that the main problem is because of the notes I used, they sound "happy" and not "dark" (I prefer the "dark" by a mile),

But I had different things to do in that same project so its somehow developed with some "happy" melodies and psychedelic sounds.

And by the way I think our attitudes are different, my favourite band is Infected Mushroom (and I also like Astrix a lot), and I know they are not considered "Psy" anymore,

I really like their old stuff and the more dark style, instead of CV/Supervisor style which sounds really "easy" on ear and not as dark and complex as the first 3 albums.

You can check my older tracks, in my opinion with every track I getting better and I think most of them are bad, and thats the way I will think about this one either at some point,

But you can hear that the style is much more dark than this one.

• Like 1

You are trying to make some very complex stuff without properly learning the basics first. Getting polyrhytmic music right is not easy at all, you should develop the strong sense of rhythm at the first place. Start with simpler melodies, simpler arrangements then move forward. Sorry to say, but this track doesn't sound psychedelic or even just danceable, just a total mess of unrelated melodies.

I guess, you are aiming at something like this

But if I were you I'd rather start with something like this

• Like 2

You are trying to make some very complex stuff without properly learning the basics first. Getting polyrhytmic music right is not easy at all, you should develop the strong sense of rhythm at the first place. Start with simpler melodies, simpler arrangements then move forward. Sorry to say, but this track doesn't sound psychedelic or even just danceable, just a total mess of unrelated melodies.

I guess, you are aiming at something like this

But if I were you I'd rather start with something like this

Wow great thank you pal that's some great constructive criticism! I will listen to those track and learn them, and yeah one of my downsides in life generally is

To overcomplicate everything :).

By the way at least in my opinion you are a bit exaggerating, it has some psy sounds and it has dancable parts, also the melodies are somethimes the same and has the

Same sounds as they had in a previous moment in the track, but about the arrangement and that i'm over complicate things I have to agree, but anyway as I wrote,

I really appreciate your comment and I believe you are right and hope the tracks (espescially Talamsca's) will help :).