Commercialization of psytrance - where do you draw the line?

recursion loop

With psytrance however, being "commercial" more often than not just means catering to the lowest expectations, with simple music stripped out of any nuance and depth that's necessary for something to be considered "psychedelic" - it needs to be direct, flashy and easily digested but after 2-3 listens you know everything there is to know about the tune, there's no mystery, no hidden meanings and no 2nd (3rd and 4th) layers of detail

this summarises it perfectly.

when most of us talk about commercial psytrance we talk exactly about that soulless lowest-common-denominator music.

it doesn't all all matter if it's produced for money. we know that cosmosis depends on income from his music. he does make music that appeals to the masses, but you immediately know that he puts effort and creativity in his music. he never said "fuck it, i'll just do the minimum to make it sell — no matter if it's actually good or not"

"Electro Sun selection" folder

that made me litterally lol.

listening to electro sun is like eating a whole (100g) bar of chocolate when you're already overeaten. it's instantly satisfying, while making you sick at the same time. i regret it ever time, but every now and then i can't resist.

*hums the melody of "out of your love"*

;)

• Like 1

Are they metal? I thought they are pop-rock or something.

Must tell this to my wife, she says that she hates metal but sometimes she listens to Evanescence.

They're not metal, but the mainstream audience thinks they are. Just like Infected Mushroom.

• Like 1

that made me litterally lol.

listening to electro sun is like eating a whole (100g) bar of chocolate when you're already overeaten. it's instantly satisfying, while making you sick at the same time. i regret it ever time, but every now and then i can't resist.

*hums the melody of "out of your love"*

;)

This track from 2005 is the saving grace for him

After that he may even collaborate with Justin Bieber, this track excuses everything. I wish euphoric fullon stayed more in this vein instead of turning into speeded up version of club electro house. 

But I also have his later tracks in that folder ;)

• Like 1