Progressive Psy Trance 144 Bpm

Skream

https://soundcloud.com/realbee/shit-im-done

Hello guyzz this is my last track "Shit, I'm Done".

I've made all the bassline with sylenth 1. the Kick is a sampled one i find in my library, I've made all the other stuff with Serum and Massive.

I'm so interested to know what you think about it ! (I don't have any musical qualification, so if you have any tip I will apreciate!)

Really nice, sounds fat, punchy and pro  ;)  The arrangement is a bit unfocused but this is something from which I'm constantly suffering myself. For one thing, I wish it would progress into a better defined climax after that break at 5:00 (there is something resembling the climax where you have that distorted synth but it sounds not very interesting, instead of that you could re-introduce the melody you have at 1:56 or the vowel synth from 4:00 and develop it further, make some chord changes and stuff). 

Which sounds here are Serum? How do you like this synth compared to Massive? I have Massive and also think that I may need Serum, how do you think would it be redundant?

Really nice, sounds fat, punchy and pro  ;)  The arrangement is a bit unfocused but this is something from which I'm constantly suffering myself. For one thing, I wish it would progress into a better defined climax after that break at 5:00 (there is something resembling the climax where you have that distorted synth but it sounds not very interesting, instead of that you could re-introduce the melody you have at 1:56 or the vowel synth from 4:00 and develop it further, make some chord changes and stuff). 

Which sounds here are Serum? How do you like this synth compared to Massive? I have Massive and also think that I may need Serum, how do you think would it be redundant?

Thank you for your quick response! I will post here the new project before to publish it so can i remake it with your tips :D

I LOVE Serum cause you really see what sound is doing, his mechanisms are so easy to learn... Try it it's awesome.

In this track I've made with serum all the main synths, with massive there is only some closed hats!

(I'm sorry for my bad english)

I LOVE Serum cause you really see what sound is doing, his mechanisms are so easy to learn... Try it it's awesome.

In this track I've made with serum all the main synths, with massive there is only some closed hats!

(I'm sorry for my bad english)

Thanks! Some really cool sounds you have here.

I have the Serum demo installed for more than a year. At first I disliked it because I thought it sounds harsh and sterile (and the factory presets are really bad) but in fact many psytrance sounds are supposed to be like that, it may work extremely well when contrasted by warmer synths and then I heard soundsets made by Thrilseekers and Hollo - none of them are relevant to psytrance but they show the ability of Serum to sound warm and organic, almost like Diva. I suppose you need to use small amounts of LFO and Chaos modulation on pitch, wt position and other parameters to add some slight movements to the sound for that?

So well, I'm probably buying Serum soon.

Thanks! Some really cool sounds you have here.

I have the Serum demo installed for more than a year. At first I disliked it because I thought it sounds harsh and sterile (and the factory presets are really bad) but in fact many psytrance sounds are supposed to be like that, it may work extremely well when contrasted by warmer synths and then I heard soundsets made by Thrilseekers and Hollo - none of them are relevant to psytrance but they show the ability of Serum to sound warm and organic, almost like Diva. I suppose you need to use small amounts of LFO and Chaos modulation on pitch, wt position and other parameters to add some slight movements to the sound for that?

So well, I'm probably buying Serum soon.

I never tried Diva so I don't know if they are similar, but with a quick research I can see that serum is more visual. I'm going to try it anyway!

Well, I wait to hear some of your future work with serum!

They aren't really similar, Diva is more like Sylenth, it has basic only basic waveforms and filters. Thing is that Diva closely emulates the sound of old analog synths and is known for its rich, warm tone, but it has much less posibilities to shape the oscillators and it is less visual than Serum. If anything I talked about Diva as the "standard" for warm anf fat sound in VSTi, not as an alternative to Serum.