3. Spirituality

4. Cold Ies

5. Somewhere In Travel

6. Enlightenment

7. Hypnotised

8. Trance Asian Express

9. Shamanic Dream

10. Words In Collision

So the lord of chaotic goa made...a downtempo album?

XM0uXbI.gif

I'm listening.

Dmitriy Kolosovskiy from Kiev is a guy that has taken goa to places that may make some feel uncomfortable yet refreshed at the same time.  Like when you decide to wear your wife's panties for the first time.  And realize this is who you were meant to be.

5tgbNrD.jpg

"Dude, you told your wife you wouldn't leave the house.  Just sayin' she's gonna freak."

And much like his uptempo style it might not be what you'll expect.  Well, maybe you would.  He recently released a small EP of slower tempo music with his Free Spirit EP.  But let me tell you this is not your father's Ultimae albums.  First you're not going to be napping to this.  It may be downtempo, but nobody told the instruments that.  Second, it's not a pure goa album although there are touches to be found.  Dude, so what the f*ck is it?

Interesting as hell that's what it is.  As I mentioned it's a downtempo album that seems fast, sometimes with frenzied melodies.  Almost as if he wanted to make lower tempo music, but he couldn't help himself and some of the chaos got out.  The tribal elements are well done and there are plenty of layers to dig through.  He's experimenting here, pushing the sound and structure of his tracks, more than casually flirting with techno.  It's a chill album that takes the listener on a journey and perhaps shatters any preconceived notions.  I will say because it's in that grey zone it isn't the easiest album to digest and for that reason it isn't on the top of my playlist. 

Psyshop

Beatspace

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review as always and......NOOO MY EYYYEES!

I love everything Sky Technology does and this one is no exception. I think I might even like this more than his other stuff just because I am a really big fan of this sort of "downtempo/relaxed goa" style that seems to be very rare. I think there is a lot of potential territory to be explored in that middle ground between mind bendingly fast goa and slooooww chillout/ambient. I like them all but I would like to hear more of this kind of stuff being made. :)

• Like 1