Trance2MoveU

OTk5YxV.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: High Times Deep Psychedelic Diving Part 2

Label: ID & T Music Germany

Date: 1998

*Not doing a track list cause there's too many and I need to poop.*

4uFZKgT.gif

"Omigod!  Did I get any on me?  Oh Jesus I think I did.  AAAAAHHHHH....I can't get the taste out of my mouth!"

Ugh.  You definitely don't want to get any of this first disc on you.  Not even Tide with Febreeze would get this out.  Good news...there are a lot of styles to be found on the first disc of the compilation.  Bad news...doesn't mean a damn thing when most of them are executed this poorly.  Picture leaving the club with three women.  Sounds like a good time until it's revealed that  you hooked 2 sleestacks and Olive Oil.  And yes I linked a pic of what a sleestack is.  Square Dream has some nice acid 303 spark, but if I have to wade through the shallow end of the gene pool to hear it I'm not interested.  If my words mean nothing, then perhaps this image will explain things better.

bG0oq8d.gif

Not only never ending running, but running up steps with stunted Italian plumber legs.

So after classifying the first disc as pure coaster material I had little hope that the second one would be worth a damn.   And it's a lot better.  But let's be honest a frisbee with a pizza slice missing would be more useful.    Oforia's    Why Not On Mars?  and Mutate and Survive by   Somaton  stick out, but Space Angel by Subcouds isn't bad either.  But you already have those so this is as necessary as Grandma Myrtle's extra pinky. 

vNQK95A.jpg

Seriously grandma, WTF?

Discogs often overestimates the worth of some albums and compilations, but man sometimes they hit the nail right on the head.  Paying more than the cost of a happy meal for this will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Seriously deep, spacy, proggy goa. The best Human Blue track, the best Avi Algranati track, three of the best Oforia tracks, both sides of HMI's amazing and unknown Allan Hills 12'', and one of the more obscure remixes from Juno Reactor. Juno's deserves special mention; a blend of rock percussion, angelic choir, and trance lines, it's one of the most epic tracks they've made, and comes with their characteristic thought provoking samples. And while I didn't like Square Dream the first time I listened to it, I came to appreciate its simplicity in later sessions.

The first few tracks are housier than you might be expecting, but that too is brilliant. Rather than hitting you over the head, the DJ sets a mood for the rest of the journey. It does what it says on the tin and submerges you in an ocean of psychedelia.

I only wish it came in mixed and unmixed versions. So not suitable for DJ sets, but this is one of my go-to albums for home listening.