E-Mantra - Oblivion [24 bits] (Melusine Records)

a2433286309_10.jpg

1.Morning Poem.

2.Fading Light(live mix).

3.THe Healer(live mix).

4.Oblivion.

E-Mantra / Emanuel Carpus - Constanta -Romania

Hailing from Constanta, a port city on the Black Sea of Romania, E-Mantra is a seasoned veteran and prolific composer, with several releases on respected labels such as Suntrip and Altar, under a variety of aliases (E-Mantra, Emanuel Carpus, Neurosect, and Night Hex, to name a few).

E-Mantra is always upping his game with each release,making him one of the most revered and respected producers from Eastern Europe, with several thousand followers on Soundcloud, and excellent reviews over the span of his career.

One of the reasons he’s so popular is he represented Goa Trance at a time when Psytrance was on the upswing, so for fans of the old-school he became a sort of musical saviour.

And while he’s moved on to other sounds to satisfy his artistic needs, he still maintains that respect for his roots, all with a polished, modern production that really allows the listener to get into a state of trance.

"I always had in mind to make a drone ambient related release

During my years of music making i placed one drone ambient track in most of my chill out albums;

Now its the time to explore more this universe.

Put your headphones on and discover the beauty of this digital EP "

Mastering: Zsolt Peter (Artifact303)

Cover Art by Emanuel Carpus (E-Mantra)

Samples/Buy link -- https://melusinerecords.bandcamp.com/album/oblivion-24bits

The text makes it sound like it's.. well, drone ambient, which it's not. There's beats everywhere. It sounds more like what we've heard already on the downtempo albums. And the last track is breakbeat.

And I liked all of the tracks, it's good stuff - the breakbeat one is especially very interesting. Sky Technology had a breakbeat track too on Colors Of Goa 2, so maybe a psybreaks compilation might happen in the future?

..but where's the ambient? :(