Goa to Psytrance , they call it "Evolution" ...

I think you misunderstood me..

"depends , i listen to Ethereal´s Goa and that´s new" <-- I never said anything new is good.. I said maybe you aren´t finding, amongst the many releases, one that you like, because you aren´t searching well enough..

I don´t like full on either, Im more a progressive person.. but that´s another deal.

"depends of the Goa you´ve listened." <--- again I think you didnt understand what I said.. I said minimalistic (goa, full on, progressive, or even non-electronic music) shouldnt have a bad connotation, as it appears in your words. I gave an example on how minimalistic can be very spiritual (in mantras, or whatever), while noisy full-on or goa can be not-spiritual..

and like I said, it´s not about taste and aims with music, which is subjective, just like your classification of ´evolution and de-evolution)

oops.. I meant: It's about taste and aims with music (forget the NOT)

so like I said, spiritual/emotional/rational music can be anywhere. It's not restricted to a certain genre

Guest X-ACTO

Hi there guys =)

Well to start off I must say that this topic has been long discussed wayyyyyy too many times.. and why? because it's one of those things that everyone has his/her own oppinions/likes/deslikes/feelings... When it comes to music.. wow.. don't even start thinking about dissing someone's likes or dislikes... coz then You'll get war instead of an interesting discussion. I know that "The Lost Buddha" doesn't intend this to be "a war" specially because I know him personally and I know his feelings about Trance (generally speaking). I will now speak for myself...

Well.. Trance... what is your definition of trance? Maybe my definition is different than yours - and that's a major problem in this topic... But even so, I think that the most of us have the same feeling that Goa-Trance is that MELODIC, SPIRITUAL, MAGICAL, EMOTIONAL... kind of music that goes along with powerful Kicks, hits, hats, snares. right? the word "Psychedelic" or "Psy" has ever since been involved with Goa Trance, in fact I would risk saying that the expression "Goa-Trance" derives from "Psychedelic Trance", simply because Psychedelic Trance parties started to gain popularity in exotic places like Goa (India) and maybe that's it! Goa became one of the most popular places to throw psychedelic trance parties in the World. This is in my oppinion where the name "Goa-Trance comes from". Psychedelic Trance IS THE "MELODIC, SPIRITUAL, MAGICAL, EMOTIONAL" type of trance, it's the kind of trance that makes You fly and wonder about whatever your mind allows You to! It's the kind of trance that explores and expands the depths of of your mind because it is built of spectacular thoughful melodies and rhythms that, when triggered propperly make You go WILD < (That's the word!).

With the years passing by, technogy, blablabla, music evolves/changes/adapts. People started experimenting new things and maybe influcences from Infected Mushroom, Logic Bomb, GMS, Green Nuns Of The Revolution and others that started creating a more emotionless and more FX based kind of Trance gained a new range of popularity because it is a kind of Trance that sounds NEW - different than "Goa-Trance" (which as I said before imo is Psychedelic Trance). What most people want is what's new and different! and the word Psychedelic seems to suit this new era of Trance simply because Goa will forever be associated with the melodic, spiritual, magical and emotional kind of trance... Psychedelic for most ppl means "random/unassorted/weird/crazy" and that's what most of today's trance is. That's why some people call Goa-Trance to the old Trance and Psy-Trance to the new Trance. I would agree with ...E.P. maybe it's time to get a name for this new style... He called it "Full-On", maybe that's it.

I believe that the Trance being produced now-a-days will be different soon... Who knows what's comming next? =)

One thing is for sure... Psychedelic Trance AKA Goa will forever be one of my favorite genres of electronic music.

It is important to be open minded, specially when it comes to music genres, so that we can understand things the way they are meant to be understood, and not the way we want to think they are...

cYa =)

Guest neutrino

If somebody is interesting in finnish psytrance pls see links

http://thixxndixx.stc.cx - free psychedelic mp3 from finland

http://www.sunpoint.net/~midiliitto/ - Flying Scorpions site

http://www.antiscarp.tk

http://www.freakdance.tk

I think that finnish trance has goa spirit.

We make here in Russia closed only suomi soundi parties :) And we like it. And we have no interest to commercial full-on or proggi music :)

Guest ritual om

It is important to be open minded, specially when it comes to music genres, so that we can understand things the way they are meant to be understood, and not the way we want to think they are...

i have to disagree with that my friend.i think that music except for the technique,notes,composition etc has nothing else objective.

how one perceives music totally labyrinthine.we are all different and everyone creates his own reality(words of wisdom).this is something that i have totally consolidated till now.

this is why i am talking about us,the goers,cause we have something in common:we have a great part of the same hearings:GOA TRANCE.

so we perceive this music in a familiar way.being open-minded is a must surely.but what we express here is not a matter of less or more openmindness.it is a deposit of our soul.

have u ever cried listening to a track?i heard last night spiritual healing and shamanix and i couldn't stop it(and i am really happy nowadays,i wasn't sad at all)i haven't heard a new track with this effect on me.

this is the magic of goa trance:EMOTIONS...........maybe the most powerful piece of our life.

GOA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ritual om

i have to disagree with that my friend.i think that music except for the technique,notes,composition etc has nothing else objective.

how one perceives music totally labyrinthine.we are all different and everyone creates his own reality(words of wisdom).this is something that i have totally consolidated till now.

this is why i am talking about us,the goers,cause we have something in common:we have a great part of the same hearings:GOA TRANCE.

so we perceive this music in a familiar way.being open-minded is a must surely.but what we express here is not a matter of less or more openmindness.it is a deposit of our soul.

have u ever cried listening to a track?i heard last night spiritual healing and shamanix and i couldn't stop it(and i am really happy nowadays,i wasn't sad at all)i haven't heard a new track with this effect on me.

this is the magic of goa trance:EMOTIONS...........maybe the most powerful piece of our life.

GOA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kalle / Tranceform

Hi people!

I think that this discussion is to some extent about semanticism (ie. what other people call "goa-trance" is actually "melodic psy-trance" and so forth).

I just thought that I'll use this possibility to do some shameless self-promotion by inviting you all to visit Tranceform's website at: http://www.tranceformrecords.com - especially people who like goa-trance might like Tranceform-material :-).

Regards,

Kalle! / Tranceform

Guest nipplefish

"maybe you aren´t listening to more appropriate new releases, lost buddha."

that's just it. it's all about the commercialization of the scene. it happens with every single genre in existence.

take hip-hop for example. here in the USA, the commercial hip-hop you hear on the radio is pure uninspired cookie-cutter GARBAGE. a lot of oldskool hip hop has a lot more heart and meaning. yet today there are plenty of producers still making good, meaningful hip-hop, you just have to look in the right places.

the same could be said of rock, jazz, even more mainstream electronic music... what's that shit they play in the clubs nowadays? UGH.

so rather than complain about the long-lost goa music, look around and you'll probably find it.

first of all:what is goa and what is psy? this is a really tough question!

for example, Family of light from Pleiadians is a goa or a psy track?

It surely fit in the ''goa'' scene but the same with the ''psy'' scene.

For me goa and psy are the same thing. simply calling a band like Psychotic Micro ''goa'' is not the rightest but is not wrong at all. The same with Transwave, you can call them ''goa'' but also ''psychedelic trance'' if you know what I mean.

Guest The Lost Buddha

Goa RULEZ Ritual OHM im with you!

I only listen to GOA cause it´s music , i do not listen to noisy and random synthy songs . :D

Im proud to be a Goer.

Goa is not dead , there´s some killer new school goa around , Ethereal´s my fav now. ;)

Guest The Lost Buddha

Goa RULEZ Ritual OHM im with you!

I only listen to GOA cause it´s music , i do not listen to noisy and random synthy songs . :D

Im proud to be a Goer.

Goa is not dead , there´s some killer new school goa around , Ethereal´s my fav now. ;)

Guest draeke

lost buddha, listen to:

synsun, parasense, sneila and some other new products; they still sound "goa" and im a true old-schooler. i dislike 75% of new material but there is some exception really :) boom