What happened to...

Penzoline

Process is now Dr. Process. Has a degree in sound design and really enjoys recording analog music, playing with unique microphones, and making noise and drone music.

He's quite very much out of the trance world. I was shocked Drezz was able to get him to work on a track for the album. It would be great if he did more, but I really don't see it being in the cards.

That said, he's really happy with what he does and I am very stoked for him. He always enjoyed music far beyond just the trance, so it wasn't surprising that he would veer away from the scene as time progressed. It's a bummer that he doesn't come back around but I'd rather have him sit it out and do what inspires him than fake it for a couple of cash grabs. Who knows, maybe he'll find it in his heart to come out again at some point.

Now I really want to hear his recordings now! I'm a fan of some drone music and a lot of noise music, so this might really impress me.
  • Like 1

I remember when one production in Israel was looking for Process to come and play, but he politely refused due to his work with a musical band in Iran. and you probably know the issue of both countries these days...So he is in music buisness but not into trance anymore.

• Like 1

Now I really want to hear his recordings now! I'm a fan of some drone music and a lot of noise music, so this might really impress me.

LLEAPP's channel on vimeo, https://vimeo.com/channels/495311/videos and his own channel https://vimeo.com/sbkw/videos/

Nothing new there but still. You can also check out this site for more info. http://www.sbkw.net/

• Like 1

Nothing new there but still. You can also check out this site for more info. http://www.sbkw.net/

Thank you!

I kept trying to remember what that URL was and I couldn't figure it out.

I knew he had a site somewhere 

Psy-Harmonics closed and I don't think his last album sold too well.

I think he's just chilling out these days.

He has/had an album of material that was either only released on a single comp or entirely unreleased

Other than that, I don't know if he's up to much these days

unreleased??? really, tell me more, tell me more..... do you know what it's like?

tell me more tell me more.......turn up the mic!

• Like 1

For me that would be this one:

nice one mars

i reckon we are the biggest fans of this album here

while he has had some moments, mainly with collabs with other prog artists

this album has never been topped, by anyone in this genre.... maybe ovnimoon comes close

was this very album that really got me into this sound, tough feet as seen as i an old school hound dog

nice one mars

i reckon we are the biggest fans of this album here

while he has had some moments, mainly with collabs with other prog artists

this album has never been topped, by anyone in this genre.... maybe ovnimoon comes close

was this very album that really got me into this sound, tough feet as seen as i an old school hound dog

New remix by Nerso :)

• 3 weeks later...

Process is now Dr. Process. Has a degree in sound design and really enjoys recording analog music, playing with unique microphones, and making noise and drone music.

He's quite very much out of the trance world. I was shocked Drezz was able to get him to work on a track for the album. It would be great if he did more, but I really don't see it being in the cards.

That said, he's really happy with what he does and I am very stoked for him. He always enjoyed music far beyond just the trance, so it wasn't surprising that he would veer away from the scene as time progressed. It's a bummer that he doesn't come back around but I'd rather have him sit it out and do what inspires him than fake it for a couple of cash grabs. Who knows, maybe he'll find it in his heart to come out again at some point.

Do you have any links to this new "Dr. Process" project? I can't find any. I once had a years-long streak of listening to almost nothing but dark ambient/industrial ambient and drone, this has me curious.

Edit: just saw your other post. Sort of a shame it's live-only but as long as he's doing what he likes I guess.

My main question is where is Morphem? I loved his stomping track "Magma" and the last productions of music we have heard from Raphael was in 2002 on one of the Global Psychedelic Chill Out comps.

According to Oopie, "I heard he passed away some time ago.... :("

Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

My main question is where is Morphem? I loved his stomping track "Magma" and the last productions of music we have heard from Raphael was in 2002 on one of the Global Psychedelic Chill Out comps.

Can anyone confirm?

Raphael Stehn is indeed deceased.

There is a second half of Morphem, but nobody seems to know him apart from the name. So "not active" probably described it best.

And what about the Slinky Wizard’s album that was in the making. I remember before the party that took place in Skopje on 01 March 2002 Dominic mentioned this. For sure there is some material which hasn’t seen the light of day.

Some of that got released on the Bus "Morebusinesslinkyouthere" album and the two Gus Till Best of the Flying Rhino Years compilations from Sonic Dragon Records, but I'm curious too about potential missing tracks and also different versions of the tracks which did get released.

Quite curious... 

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm?

Morphem died a while ago.

Some of that got released on the Bus "Morebusinesslinkyouthere" album and the two Gus Till Best of the Flying Rhino Years compilations from Sonic Dragon Records, but I'm curious too about potential missing tracks and also different versions of the tracks which did get released.

Quite curious...

Me too, indeed...

Quite curious...

wow didn't know that