Darkpsy darkpsy darkpsy

wubafwez

I had no real love for this kind of psytrance until recently at Connection festival where I heard it out of a large rig for the first time.

Was quite blown away by how hypnotic it was. Really didn't expect it to be any good at a primarily Goa trance festival, but the experience definitely sparked a little bit of interest for me.

If any of you have any dark psy that you think is great I'd love to hear it as I know very little about it.

Thanks

I'd recommend checking out albums by:

Alien Mental

Atriohm & Encaphalopaticys

Enichkin

Furious

Fragletrollet

Grapes of Wrath & Metaloids

Hutti Heita

Kindzadza

Kiriyama

Neural Motion

Ocelot

Para Halu

Procs

Psykovsky

Shivattva

The Nommos (Goa Gil's project)

Why would you categorise fragletrollet & kiriyama as darkpsy? Just curious. Even nommos is just proper psytrance or may be forest but not darkpsy.

Let me make myself clear that I'm bad at categorising music & I still don't know the difference between darkpsy and hi-tech, never felt the need to know it.

If we go by the accepted definition that darkpsy is not actually dark then kiriyama, nommos and fragletrollet are just psytrance or forest with some Goa/Psy influences at best. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Only talking about albums here)

Reach escape velocity, playground of the spirit are so different than say I would like you to be a mind reader. :|

I know you are going digital, please please give me that reach escape velocity cd! I want it bad :P

Why would you categorise fragletrollet & kiriyama as darkpsy? Just curious. Even nommos is just proper psytrance or may be forest but not darkpsy.

Let me make myself clear that I'm bad at categorising music & I still don't know the difference between darkpsy and hi-tech, never felt the need to know it.

If we go by the accepted definition that darkpsy is not actually dark then kiriyama, nommos and fragletrollet are just psytrance or forest with some Goa/Psy influences at best. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Only talking about albums here)

Reach escape velocity, playground of the spirit are so different than say I would like you to be a mind reader. :|

Kiriyama and Fragletrollet are - as you said - forest with goa/psy influences and I count "forest" into the "darkpsy" sub-genre.

The Nommos is indeed trickier, but it's much closer - IMO - to darkpsy than to pure psytrance.

Also, for someone who apparently only discovered darkpsy recently, I guess those would be a good entry point regardless of strict definitions.

Dark, Forest, Core, horror, .... It's all MoL imagination ......... The Goa Gil intro there is ,,just" compos mentis - chaos to beauty

I concider this to be Psycore

The new Psykovsky album is godlike.

Okay.

Are you refering to this!? https://psykovsky.bandcamp.com/releases.. or a newer one.. I mean, he's got it all out there now. Indian and japanese......

If any of you have any dark psy that you think is great I'd love to hear it as I know very little about it.

Thanks

Go for classic darkpsy and not that "other stuff" ;p