What are you looking for in music?

antic604

Жаль, что я не могу писать по-русски. Много о чём хочется сказать.

Пиши по русски, как минимум я пойму :)

Yes, i fully agree with what you have written. I know that many psyheads hate melodies in the traditional sence (i.e. melodies following traditional harmonic rules, catchy and memorable) as bringing "cheese factor" into the music, and many producers avoid it. But for me personally the music really does it when great melodies meet strange, trippy sounds and deep sonic landscapes.  Not many artists manage or want to do that these days.

• Like 2

They all play the sound, not the music.

That's a bit along the lines of what I, uh, "realized" the other day. Goa/psy trance is supposed to be (to put it simply) "psychedelic dance music", yet much of the stuff made gets the "psychedelic" and "dance" parts down and more or less neglects the "music" part of it (yes, I'm especially looking at you, darkpsy derivatives, but not exclusively).

Can't explain it better than that as I'm not exactly a wordsmith.

• Like 2

Пиши по русски, как минимум я пойму :)

Yes, i fully agree with what you have written. I know that many psyheads hate melodies in the traditional sence (i.e. melodies following traditional harmonic rules, catchy and memorable) as bringing "cheese factor" into the music, and many producers avoid it. But for me personally the music really does it when great melodies meet strange, trippy sounds and deep sonic landscapes.  Not many artists manage or want to do that these days.

Ба, наши в городе! Откуда будем?)

Oh, I think I have to give some apologies about dark-goa - this terrible unmusical style was born in Russia, as I know. :)

Paul Eye, do you know some releases in this subjenre, which you can recommend to listen?

When I think about how dark-goa must look like, I imagine the stuff like "Perfect Stranger" of Sandman or, at the worst, MFG with their "Intelligent Machine".

I think that I'm a creature from another planet with other emotional spectrum, when I have to read some previews.

"Never boring", "Storytelling", "Complex and unique" about last longplay of Psysutra, for example...

Where??? Where did they found it all??

Я из Питера )

I don't know much about "dark goa" (does such a genre even exist?), hope Paul sheds some light on that, but if you want some dark and trippy yet wery melodious and emotional psytrance, you may check out the first album by Sonic Elysium - Mahaon. 

Just saw him live in St. Perersburg this weekend, it was mindblowing

Я из Питера )

I don't know much about "dark goa" (does such a genre even exist?), hope Paul sheds some light on that, but if you want some dark and trippy yet wery melodious and emotional psytrance, you may check out the first album by Sonic Elysium - Mahaon. 

Just saw him live in St. Perersburg this weekend, it was mindblowing

Interesting. What you think of Delirious Noon's album?

It really depends on my mood what I search for in music.

For example:

I have a love/hate relationsship with the darker side of psystrance.

In the wrong mood I think what is this crap? Why did I add it to my playlist in the first place?

But sometimes it thrills me to null my brain with those ever twisting and morphing sounds.

With "mood" I don't refer to drugs.

1) Music that makes me go - Aaaaaww yisssss!!!

2) Music that makes me wonder - Will I be able to create stuff like this ever??  :o

Do i look for certain elements in every song? (eg. where the fuck is the 303? Why is this kick not hard enough? Needs More 303 Dammit!!). Nope. If the song has the qualities of 1 and 2 then I'm sold. What are those qualities that define 1 & 2 for me? Hard to say, it can be anything in the song, intro, the rhythm, even 30sec part in an entire 6-7 min song is enough sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...