A photo of your living room

thanosp81

You bet!  :)

Yes, it's a bit tough now but I was prepared for it. Thus guy also gave us some troubles five years ago but now he helps us to deal with his little sister

ZIJUtM9MzSU.jpg

Fuck, now this thread has inadmissible level of cuteness, please someone post smth dirty right now!

Mushrooms? Really? You're teaching him to gather mushrooms? Loooool

• Like 2

Fuck, now this thread has inadmissible level of cuteness, please someone post smth dirty right now!

Yes, so sweet. Baby pics are always awww.. but gotta say your 5-year old is very cute, too; such a harmonic face; is he gonna be a model? And those mushrooms remind me of my childhood; had some kind of a fetish over mushrooms as a kid, had to get all the books ;)

That's lovely. Very nice deco!.

I love the wooden flooring at Northern European houses (like Insejin) it's not so common down here in the Mediterranean (or Greece, at least). I only see it at Doctor's offices

Thanks. Back in the days my mom visited Athens and she wanted that statue stand to be doric style :) As for the wooden floors, yes, they're common but it is even more common to put fake wooden floors, laminate flooring.

Very nice! I love the contrast of that sunny, very warm wooden interior vs. cold outside (is there snow already?)  :wub:

Thank you. I like it also. The furniture came to us at the beginning of 1980's but since it is Alvar Aalto (a famous Finnish designer of the past) series it will look cool until the end of the world I guess :) First snow came yesterday to some parts of Finland, heavy wet snow, only traces left today.

@Anu, that living room is soo beautiful!

Sliding windows without any steel bars is a rarity here unless you are a have tons of money so as to have personal security guards :P

Thanks :) Robbers come through doors more commonly with a modern technics. My dad is so careless nowadays, leaves the house key under a door mat etc. I always tell him it doesn't mean that you're 84 and been never robbed so that's gonna be automatically so: watch out!

I started the thread to show off my baby girl.

Now I feel jealous, I want your living rooms.  :blush:  :blush:

I am jealous of your weather!

• Like 3

Very classy and elegant! Northern European style!

Yes, I guess it is :)

Nice :) You only miss a balcony and would look like a proper greek apartment

I have a balcony :)

9ixWNro.jpg

Yay! There's my post on your PC screen and you've got a PS4 and Sony tablet - my man! :)

I don't play much on the PS4 tho but it's nice sometimes. Sony tablet and I have a Sony X5, great stuff! :)

....yes, they're common but it is even more common to put fake wooden floors, laminate flooring.

.... First snow came yesterday to some parts of Finland, heavy wet snow, only traces left today.

I am jealous of your weather!

I'll also put laminate flooring on my floor (already purchased it), I love wooden floors and windows but can't afford them and on top of that they need maintenance every few years. Since my house is about 150m from the sea, wooden windows is a definite NO NO, the salt eventually even corrodes aluminum so the most practical yet elegant option was PVC windows with wooden coloring.

As for the weather: A lot of people were at the beach the past weekend and I'm now in my t-shirt. An night you need a sweater or a light jacket but it's still very warm.

We are jealous of your financial stability and quality of life!

I am jealous of our weather as well. I have relocated to UK for the last 3 years  :unsure:

Haha, I understand. UK weather is terrible, always raining and mold everywhere because of that.

I like the big windows!

Thanks. here's another pic, windows on the right, yep, they're tall :) And see: snow gone by now!

ddnae03.jpg

I'll also put laminate flooring on my floor (already purchased it), I love wooden floors and windows but can't afford them and on top of that they need maintenance every few years. Since my house is about 150m from the sea, wooden windows is a definite NO NO, the salt eventually even corrodes aluminum so the most practical yet elegant option was PVC windows with wooden coloring.

Makes sense. good luck with your renovating! I wish the outcome will please the eye :)

We are jealous of your financial stability and quality of life!

I am from a middle class family. My mom, who died a few years ago, was a nurse, my dad is a retired high school sports teacher. But we here in Scandinavia invest in housing; we have to because we spend 2/3 of the year inside. This home house of mine is nice but nothing unusual here.

Next week as I am back in Tampere I'll post a pic of my living room and you ppl can rate 1-10 how "teenageish" it loks like, haha :P

• Like 1

I've never seen snowing ! :(

So I'm jealous of you all.

There are only 2 seasons out here in the south, summer & harsh summer. :lol:

you haven't missed anything.

our seasons are:

-cold and windy, but at least no snow anymore

-rainy but at least not cold anymore (only every 5 years or so we have a summer that actually deserves that name)

-cold and foggy, everything decays

-freezing cold with snow, you cannot stay outside for any amount of time without discomfort and there's barely any sunlight at all.

• Like 2

well, it's not quite as bad all of the time in summer. typically we have a weekly rhytm with nice but cold and windy weather on monday/tuesday, getting progressively warmer (maybe 26˚C) up to thursday, and as soon as the weekend draws near it starts to rain and cool down again.

most europeans (especially those who have never experienced the perfect-for-months weather in nearly all of south/southeast asia) wouldn't necessarily agree with me. i just can't stand the cold.

You know that 4 different seasons is a lie. As I said only 2, summer & harsh summer. There's hardly any rain, winter is a joke as well!

So there's summer throughout the year and harsh summer during actual summer season. For the last 3 years it's been new highest temperature records being set and broken.

Few more months for a new f'in record.

Do not forget the menace of vector born diseases in tropical countries! This year due to messed up rain, there's dengue malaria and c-gunya havok. Triple team attack. :o

For the last 3 years it's been new highest temperature records being set and broken.

Few more months for a new f'in record.

Do not forget the menace of vector born diseases in tropical countries! This year due to messed up rain, there's dengue malaria and c-gunya havok. Triple team attack. :o

:(

Same thing here, usually 15 years ago there was at least some transitions between nice and ugly weather, nowdays it seems that autumn and spring are out of the game. During the summer time, temperatures goes around 40 °C in shade (mostly because we're not besides the Sea, perhaps 60km is the closest seaside) and it can be really hard for people who are not used to high temperatures, it's very dry and nights can be unbearable. Local people still tend to moisture sheets with water and use them while sleeping. When it comes to winter, temperatures goes below zero during the December/January but I don't remember when was the last time we had snow (10 years ago at least we had some snow, nowdays it's just ugly rain and Bura wind, typical for this area. That wind can be ugly for some people. However, it's cool when it blows at some normal speed, it helps keeping your skin smooth, but when it goes berserk mode than it's not that good haha :D

my hometown, a small town in valley surrounded by fortress and mountains. Sometimes I feel like im in some lord of the rings settlement.

16828.jpg

knin-fortress.jpg

plancic-hvar-11.jpg

And yeah, we had some goa parties at that old fortress (first stones were build in 9th century) back in the day.

So there's summer throughout the year and harsh summer during actual summer season. For the last 3 years it's been new highest temperature records being set and broken.

so what is usually the rainy season is "harsh summer" now?

wouldn't they be much more of a problem in a year with more rain than usual rather than the other way round?

@richpa

that's a really nice looking town. those ruins are surely nice to party in (as long as it isn't too bad with neighbours calling the police; it looks as if it's very close to inhabited houses.)

and Bura wind, typical for this area.

Ah, I had all forgotten about this. Ppl in Istra told me that Bura brings sand from Sahara. Is that true?

And Knin has such beautiful landscapes as all Dalmacija does. Very nice.

@richpa

that's a really nice looking town. those ruins are surely nice to party in (as long as it isn't too bad with neighbours calling the police; it looks as if it's very close to inhabited houses.)

At first there wasn't any complaints (at least while we had rock/dub/metal concerts there) but three years in a row with Goa and psytrance especially during the early morning hours was too much for some folks and they complained (mostly because goa and psytrance wasn't held on the main stage, but on the southern part where old town is below, so old people didn't enjoyed as much as we do, no matter the fact that we positioned PA in different direction).

Ah, I had all forgotten about this. Ppl in Istra told me that Bura brings sand from Sahara. Is that true?

Not sure about that, to me it seems like a myth or it's just a way for Istrians to entertain foreign visitors with some interesting stories :) Don't shoot me, I haven't experienced their Bura yet, perhaps it has some sand ^_^