A photo of your living room

thanosp81

I will be a home owner in a couple of months (mortgage free). This is how my living room looks now. Me, my GF and an architect/interior designer are testing color combinations on the walls, hence the patches of badly painted walls. Thursday we are making our finals tests and on Friday (national holiday) and the weekend we'll paint he whole house with some of my friends (outdoor is about 80% painted).

The furniture that is covered up is the kitchen. It's a showroom kitchen which I bought from a furniture shop that went bankrupt, so I got it super cheap but it has gotten a bit roughed up since it's not the best place to keep furniture.

There's already 5.1 surround sound wiring in the living room walls (so that there are no visible cables) + stereo wiring for the balcony (not in pic) which all lead to the corner next to that square hole.

The square hole is not a door for Hobbits, it's where the hydraulic fireplace will be installed after I paint the house and the electricians complete their work (only switchboard is left).

14855924_1181854938547917_10680617760360

14612434_1181854898547921_8711339043435214853144_1181854675214610_60698945507424

• Like 2

Priorities, right? :D

Looks potent, have fun with the renovations :)

Talking about priorities:

Although, as you can see, the house is not complete. I have already bought a 5.0 speaker set (3 way front speakers, so no need for subs) but I thought "Subs rock" so I also bought a 12" active sub, it will need a lot of tweaking though since the system will be full of lows and the rooms is not that big.... IT WILL BE FUN TWEAKING IT THOUGH!!!!!!!. I already have a 7.2 yamaha amp, DJM700 mixer, some crappy Numark CD decks and I'm thinking of buying the latest gen vinyl decks which also act as software/midi controllers, they are a bit expensive since it's a fairly new idea but I hope their price will go down as newer models come in the market.

Also, for the garden, I have, in its box, a ghetto surface pool: 3m diameter x 1.5m height. The house is about 150m from the sea and there's a well in the garden,  so I can pump as much sea water as I want. So, no damage to the environment (depleting drinking water from the network) and to my pocket!

Stereo speakers for the balcony? At my previous house I had speakers installed in the bathroom. Never thought the balcony. lol

Since the amp has a capacity for 2 zones (not at the same time of course), the balcony will become a 2.1 zone by just moving the sub outside or by the balcony door.

As for both bathrooms, I have in storage, waiting to be installed after the electricians finish the switchboard: 2 high tech bath/showers, that have speakers,network/internet access via Wifi and a waterproof touch screen running on android (although I'm not sure how long these will last, water destroys everything).  I got them again from companies going bust, retail value is about 7.000 eur (together) but I got them for under 1000 eur.

aaaaaa, I'm so excited that I'm getting my own place, I've busted my ass the past 4-5 years to get this finished.... Relatives are telling me "now that you'll have your own house time to have a child too" My reply "I hardly know the child that is hidden inside me.... When I get to know it better and then get bored of it, I'll think about having another one!"

I have been a week with my dad who's 84 years old and took a shot from the living room :)

This is my original home, also.

xt0eTxM.jpg

• Like 3

I have been a week with my dad who's 84 years old and took a shot from the living room :)

This is my original home, also.

That's lovely. Very nice deco!.

I love the wooden flooring at Northern European houses (like Insejin) it's not so common down here in the Mediterranean (or Greece, at least). I only see it at Doctor's offices