Richpa

We don't have nuclear war-heads, but we have some of the most beautiful nature in the world. Politics isn't allowed here, but since we're having some trend to represent your country here in offtopic area, here is mine contribution (even I should make one for Bosnia as well).

Even I'm not good in history, I think we kicked in around 7th century and since than we enjoyed cheerful and playful music and went to so much (one of the reasons why young folks here hates history class, because they have to learn all the different forms, rules, states and all that, but it's also probably one of the reasons why people in Croatia really like Goa trance music and some of them also makes some, being surrounded by different influences and cultures, but yet keeping it playful and cheerful reflects onto people here at Balkans.

If you got any question, or you want to share you experience, I'll gladly help and answer it. The usual stuff you can always find on Wikipedia and on YouTube, but some other details, such as why we invented the tie (kravata on Croatian, Kroata, Croata, you get the picture) or how come the best rakija comes from Dalmatia.. or how is possible to see middle-lane of Real Madrid and Barcelona being powered by Croats, don't hesitate to ask ^^ :P We have some nice food and drinks to offer and during the summer season, there is a bunch of well-known, but also small and alternative festivals and events worth seeing and visiting.

Anyway, let the pictures and music speak...

swiming-falls-Croatia.jpg

0331_FL-game-of-thrones-croatia_2000x112

split.jpeg

EUROPEMEDITERRANEANCROATIACROATIADES_001

Croatia-Cover-1.jpg

Croatia-2.jpg

plitvice-lakes-croatia-national-park-wal

Split-Croatia-Wallpaper.jpg

croatia-krka-AP-TRAVEL-xlarge.jpg

croatia-zagreb-aerial-ss.jpg

Bol_na_Bracu_-_Zlatni_rat.jpg

• Like 2

Damn! Lovely pics rich!

That lovely palace in the middle of a lake/river which one is it? I remember seeing one from Switzerland which looked exactly the same.

It's the Visovac monastery dating from 15th century (more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visovac_Monastery

As a young kid, I was there once and really it was beautiful experience, and even I'm not religious that much, that place really has some spirituality.

visovac1.jpg

If you got any question, or you want to share you experience, I'll gladly help and answer it. The usual stuff you can always find on Wikipedia and on YouTube, but some other details, such as why we invented the tie (kravata on Croatian, Kroata, Croata, you get the picture) 

Oh shit, that's why we call it gravata in greek, I always show interest in the origin of words and names.

Kroatia is a lovely country, was our honeymoon destination but my wife decided to get pregnant :P Probably in a couple of years then :)

• Like 1

I cannot log into Imgur; the site said it is over capacity. Once I am able to post pics I will respond to this topic.

• Like 1

Awww..what a topic..

How many pages you could swallow from me about Hrvatska?

Croatia is the reason I ended up in psynews; it is the reason for several and after that several life incidents of mine.

I love and hate the country.

I am saving you.

Just this one story this time.

Pics taken in the summer of 1994 and as for now I took mobile phone shots of the original polaroids so excuse the terrible quality. And the pics will disappear sooner or later because I am using Neogoa slack to post the pics (Imgur site not fuctioning)

Me and my Finnish buddy Joni dressed up as pantomime characters on the way to a refugee camp.

N6uXul5.jpg

On a way to Karlovac refugee camp..we took boxed/canned food and some medical supplies with us.

Y86iZeU.jpg

The aim was ofc to bring physical help but also mental "cheering up"; that's why the idea of doing pantomimes at the camp; here's Joni and our local contact Eva

AyWwXER.jpg

Me as a "clown" and refugee kids

RVQ7nTf.jpg

Finally, the camp wanted to offer us a meal; fries and sausage. We were hesitating but they wanted us to eat. I am in front on the right.

rRsIsRd.jpg

Ppl have been saying to me how "good person" I am doing all this volunteer hum aid work, but no..I was just an adventurous young lady, 22 years of age, almost 23

• Like 2

Awww..what a topic..

How many pages you could swallow from me about Hrvatska?

Croatia is the reason I ended up in psynews; it is the reason for several and after that several life incidents of mine.

I love and hate the country.

I am saving you.

Just this one story this time.

Pics taken in the summer of 1994 and as for now I took mobile phone shots of the original polaroids so excuse the terrible quality. And the pics will disappear sooner or later because I am using Neogoa slack to post the pics (Imgur site not fuctioning)

Me and my Finnish buddy Joni dressed up as pantomime characters on the way to a refugee camp.

004_720.jpg

On a way to Karlovac refugee camp..we took boxed/canned food and some medical supplies with us.

008_720.jpg

The aim was ofc to bring physical help but also mental "cheering up"; that's why the idea of doing pantomimes at the camp; here's Joni and our local contact Eva

002_720.jpg

Me as a "clown" and refugee kids

003_720.jpg

Finally, the camp wanted to offer us a meal; fries and sausage. We were hesitating but they wanted us to eat. I am in front on the right.

006_720.jpg

Ppl have been saying to me how "good person" I am doing all this volunteer hum aid work, but no..I was just an adventurous young lady, 22 years of age, almost 23

You're a good clown

I LOVED GOING TO CROATIA! My fathers best man is from Slavonski Brod and we used to visit him a lot when I was a kid. Also I visited the lakes Plitvice once. Probably the most beautiful place Ive ever seen. Its kinda sad that I was very young when I went there and didnt appreciete it as much as I should have.

• Like 1

I LOVED GOING TO CROATIA! My fathers best man is from Slavonski Brod and we used to visit him a lot when I was a kid. Also I visited the lakes Plitvice once. Probably the most beautiful place Ive ever seen. Its kinda sad that I was very young when I went there and didnt appreciete it as much as I should have.

I haven't been on Plitvice for more than 10 years, but it seems they're planning to seriously cut the number of visitors per year since it's getting too crowded and they could slowly hurt the complete eco-system. Btw, Renato (Nova Fractal) is from Slavonski Brod :)

Yeah that makes sense. It was very crowded when I was there although it was still kept strictly clean as i didnt see any garbage laying around. But it would make sense if they were to make that decision.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Croatians here, i have the pleasure to visit your country the next two weeks, will be around Zadar, Pula, some lovely islands...

My Mp3 player is already prepared, found some good stuff from Neogoa + Lunar Dawn, Psilocybian, Stonebride, She Loves Pablo...

What you think, is there some croatian music we definitely HAVE TO LISTEN TO ??? everything electronic or rock is worth a mention, traditionals also, croatian rap maybe?

Thanks for answers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I traveled to Korcula island this summer from the US to meet some family from the UK.   I had never thought to visit Croatia before but now I can't stop thinking about going back, I really enjoyed it.  And you're right about the rakija, I was only able to bring back a small bottle as a gift but now I'm scouring the internet to find a fifth of Travarica (with no luck so far).  Unfortunately I couldnt make it to any trance parties or festivals but I basically had the time of my life.