Planetary Assault Systems - Arc Angel (Ostgut Ton)

Iam very surprising about this album by Planetary Assault Systems! :-)
Its released on Ostgut Ton. The label of the famous techno-club Berghain in Berlin, my hometown. So its not from the psy-scene, but more psychedelic than 75% of all psytrance-releases. :P
Take a listen and tell what you think! :-)

a0926211583_10.jpg

https://planetaryassaultsystems.bandcamp.com/album/arc-angel
http://ostgut.de/shop/music/planetary-assault-systems-arc-angel-lp-ostgutlp23.html

Pretty good minimal techno, but I don't think I could stomach 2 CDs of it - it's very uniform, kind of a one-trick-pony stuff. But I will check the rest of the stuff on that label. Also, incredible cover art! Thanks! :)

I'm not the biggest fan too, but my friend who is into this kind of music for a decade and he's DJing here in my hometown sometimes throw out really cool stuff at me to check and it was hard for me to get into it at the beginning, but nowdays I can really enjoy and appriciate the quality stuff... and truth to be told, minimal techno can sometime invoke that hypnotic and atmospheric vibe (even to some people it might sound repetative and unusual).

I'm not the biggest fan too, but my friend who is into this kind of music for a decade and he's DJing here in my hometown sometimes throw out really cool stuff at me to check and it was hard for me to get into it at the beginning, but nowdays I can really enjoy and appriciate the quality stuff... and truth to be told, minimal techno can sometime invoke that hypnotic and atmospheric vibe (even to some people it might sound repetative and unusual).

Yeah, I know - I started my journey with electronic music with labels like Tresor, Mille Plateau or Hearthouse so I can definitely appreciate that, but still it's nice to have some variety on a CD.

2-3 tracks of this sound very fine, but 20+ is too much IMO :)

Good stuff from Luke Slater. I like his PAS moniker the most to be honest.

On the sound uniformity, I could say that an up-to-date psy album doesn't cut it much more than that with the same-ish full on bassline in 95% of the releases. Or neogoa's melody upon melody of sameness.

So in the end it's pure techno, sounds very much like classic Tresor stuff.

Good stuff from Luke Slater. I like his PAS moniker the most to be honest.

On the sound uniformity, I could say that an up-to-date psy album doesn't cut it much more than that with the same-ish full on bassline in 95% of the releases. Or neogoa's melody upon melody of sameness.

So in the end it's pure techno, sounds very much like classic Tresor stuff.

The fact that most of goa/psy nowadays sounds the same is not an excuse, isn't it?

And the classic Tresor releases sounded much more versatile than this, e.g. Jeff Mills' Waveform Transmission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxAU6JVf6Q0

Any music you're not into will sound the same. You can notice and appreciate the small nuances when you get deeper. If there are any story to tell, of course...

At least Luke sounds mature and authentic...Personally I never liked Jeff Mills. He produces a lot, but only for the sake of producing. His fellow Robert Hood (which also participated in the series above with Mills) is another thing. He still produces top of the cream classic techno. I put him next to Luke.

• Like 1