Crowd funding campaigns

thanosp81

It has been requested a couple of times before and maybe it's worth it.

Should there be a dedicated thread for crowd funding campaigns? Especially in our scene where funds are limited. crowd funding seems like a good scenario for some artists. Ott has done it, Globular, NervasystemAavepyörä. Some of them successfully, some others not. But I hate it when I find a campaign that I wanted to back only when it's too late, and I know I am not the only one.

Having a dedicated thread for that might help resolve that issue.

So???  ^_^

Mod edit:

https://www.psynews.org/forums/forum/119-crowd-funding-projects/

Running Projects:

Aavepyörä complete discography USB

I've contributed to Ektoplazm and the Younger Brother album (unfortunanetly) when it comes down to crowdfunding and many other donations to other sites (including psynewds) and projects (musical or not) that I enjoy.

So, yeah, why not!!!

So how about this one?

Edit your first post to include all current campaigns that people can post below.

As I'm not online so much I also miss a lot so I'd be interested.

If ppl start posting campaigns here I am happy with that :)

We just have to make sure that they post only music crowd funding campaigns.

Personally I think crowdfunding campaings gives a much needed independence to artists and I hope we will see more projects in psychedelic trance and ambient in the future. Slightly off topic, but I need to pull out one really great example how good strategy within campaing can do wonders, these guys (and yes, they're not such big name) raised over 125k in only 24 hours, but they had great communication, some interesting perks, transparent campaing and really healthy humor during the whole campaing. It's just one of the nice examples how fans can and are willing to support the good ideas and bands. Of course, they recorded the album making progress, introduced studio and all the details to fans, which was cool thing and idea :)

Campaing link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/protest-the-hero-new-album--3#/

:D