Your live or dj wish list

Microdelic

hey colin, so funny you replied to this... un bloody canny if you ask me!!

i was baking away this morning, had my ipod on random, and cobra came on

and was thinking... shit, forgot to put oood on my list on this topic, as have always wanted to see you guys

and i have quit a few of your live sets from various festivals

i certainly hope you at least could be at rainbow, fingers crossed... it gonna be epic!!!!

if you do....

old school????

maybe.... at least a couple???

ok fuck it... put my order in

2 dawns, cobra

voc, unconscious tracks

question, any chance of access here in mix section of the mix you did for organic sunrise 2006??

always wanted to hear it

worth a try!!!

pushy bloody auusie a...(technically a kiwi)

hope to see you there

haha yeah it makes my day to see our name amongst others here, it happens only very rarely and although we're still writing and playing where we can, I'm becoming resigned to the fact that we'll never really be in most people's list of favourite acts, or play at any of their favourite international festivals.  I hold little hope of playing at RS as a DJ, and especially a a live act (or at Boom again, or Ozora, or Antaris, or etc etc); if my application was successful it would be the first time I've ever got a booking off an application form (hatethemhatethemhatethem with a violent passion, 22 years and 5 albums and you want me to APPLY to play? Fuck the fuck off), and I'm almost certain it would make me cry.

The Organic Sunrise mix is not on my computer but I'll see if I can find it online.

[EDIT] Last item in the player on this page - downloadable too.

http://oood.net/oood-music/oood-live-studio-mixes

well you on plenty of peoples list here (listed or not)

what struck me was all those years ago, i contacted you about how i could locate alive, and you sent it to me..

that gesture really stuck with me, and then someone posted here, vid of you guys live at some party (can't remember where it was)

was indoor kind of basement looking open room, with people dancing grooving, being themselves, 90's style (looked like it was

90's) maybe a return to the source??

seemed real if that makes sense... to get one thing clear i aint pissing in your pocket... just being honest

i don't know you only your music... but there is integrity behind it....

and i have loved how your music has evolved over the years... goa, tech, proggy breaks the works

it's always been interesting, funky, complex with samples i actually like... and it's very rare for me, being an old school bitch

that i love your latest album the most.... seems you have taken 22 years and made it count

and this aint even going into your mastering and production skills on now numerous albums

but i won't go into that as that not my forte, will leave that up to art!

so regardless of the scene now, and bull shit promoters, probably not respecting you guys how they should

you have defined everything psychedelic and help carry it through to the now (for me anyway)

sucks i may never see all you guys live but......

get off your ass please and make it happen, come to rainbow and help us celebrate this unique event

and when you do, i buy you a beer and say thanks for the madness!!

sorry all to turn this in to a oood appreciation thread, but it is what it is...

and thanks for the mix bro, unexpected, and appreciated

regards... Australasian oood fan club!

boom

ps...... if you hear someone lurking around your house, it's only a stray cat rummaging through your rubbish bin

• Like 1

Colin,

Me and some friends are still remember your 3 Hours dj set in Israel back in 2011 in the desert. was really oldschoolish, great memories!

To the rest, let's hope your musicians dreams will come true one day :) I think we should respect artists opinion about their decisions of playing to the crowd, and at the same time to tell them what we could feel if they will back to the stage to share their creativity again.

Nice wishesh posted here :)

• Like 1

I'll just show-off and say that I've heard OOOD live at Aurora festival in Greece. I think it was one of the best acts of the fest and a lot of people were pleasantly surprised and really appreciated that they were ACTUALLY playing live, with all the gear, not just with a laptop and a controller.

I only briefly chatted with Collin at the chill stage but we have bumped at various events in London: Twisted 10y bday, Younger brother live, Shpongle live (maybe, not sure) and at one of the Glades too.

Edit: In terms of what you are discussing above about mixing skills. The only Psy/goa DJ that has impressed me the past years was Yiannis Megas (of Gene Joke fame) and a few years ago Ace Ventura (both were  playing with CDs, not Live). Both are competent producers so, in a way, you can't really call them DJs but they had some serious mixing skills!!!!

I think that most psy/goa djs don't really put much effort in their technical practice, which can't really be done with psy/goa tracks, I believe that in order to get proficient with DJing one really needs to practice with Techno. Psy/Goa doesn't give much room for manipulation especially if one is a beginner.

• Like 1

Get your ass to ZNA next year, please.

We played live - chillout and main floor - at ZNA last year, but they've told me they don't want us for a live set in 2017.  However it seems that one of us (either Steve or Rama, not me) will probably be DJing in the chill space. TBC.

(lololololol... t-shirts tucked into jeans will never be a good look...)

argh I know, makes me cringe every time I see that video!

• 5 months later...

4. Koan, the ambient due from Russia, Their performances are so rare that If it's happan you need to be ready immediately, last year on Samsara festival they booked into the lineup a couple days before the festival started.

You can listen us at Shankra and Samsara festivals this summer. See You at dancefloor, my friend. ;

and they are extremley expensive (heard from friends who wanted to book them to Israel)

what do You mean "expensive"? I'm afraid Your friends so impatient and incompetent about this question.

My List:

Hallucinogen - I've never actually seen the man live yet (apart from Shpongle) despite all my travels and festivals etc, just bad timing usually

Artifact 303 - Does he even play gigs? I dont know/haven't seen

Morphic Resonance

Celestial Intelligence

Ra

Etnica/Pleiadians

There's probalby more but yeah, those are mostly due to the "Australia problem" haha..

Hope to catch a few of them in the next years in our next euro adventures...

• 3 weeks later...

You can listen us at Shankra and Samsara festivals this summer. See You at dancefloor, my friend. ;

what do You mean "expensive"? I'm afraid Your friends so impatient and incompetent about this question.

Thank u for a reply!

We really hope we can make it this year so Samsara, and we know that you are booked among alot of amazing artists, good for u to share your amazing music and for the lucky people.

Dont stop playing Live for people !!! not everyone have the possibilities to come and catch you : )

about my fiends it's just a rumours I guess couze they dont know why you are not interested to play in Israel even they have contacted you a couple of times...I hope it will happen one day, metter of bouth sides.

Best regards:)

• 4 weeks later...

Artifact 303 - Does he even play gigs? I dont know/haven't seen

We played in Brazil in february together. He does but rarely.

He is making music but playing is different thing. He just doesn't fit with party people as i noticed... but you gonna catch him one day :)