• 1 month later...

So many artists out there that I would love to see their music printed on cds. But it makes it so hard for me to put them on a priority list because for me all of them are on the same spot, first place. So, to make it easier for me I decided to change my way of thinking slightly. It is time to surprise people, go back to the roots, to the artists that started this music genre, the legends.

And the next project is a Legend. He was creating Psychedelic Dub when it didn't even exist as a genre. He worked with The Orb, Youth, Killing Joke, Derrick May, Juno Reactor, Juan Atkins and in groups such as Dub Trees and Celtic Cross.

He has been involved in too many projects to list. He has used many monikers to present his musical creations, Dubsahara, Subsurfing, Metasurfing, Waveshaper, Alien Soap Opera and more. At this point everyone knows that I am talking for Mr Greg Hunter so any more words are unnecessary really.

The 4xCD box set will include the following releases:

CD1: Dubsahara - Geonosis

CD2: Subsurfing - Frozen Ants, The Number Readers, 

CD3: Oïd Mü - The Back End of Nowhere

plus his most recent collaboration with Organismic

CD4: Organismic - Primordial Super Fly

This is our chance to bring something really unique and proudly present it on our music library. 

Very very soon.

51956158_2246211015638245_1000469565966123008_o.jpg

2 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

I just wanted to chime in and say that I've been quite impressed with how this project has developed over the years.
Good job and I wish you much ongoing success! =)

I have been impressed as well. The truth is as long as YOU are here the project will be as well :)

EDIT: By YOU I mean all the people that back the projects 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's time to present you with my latest Kickstarter project.

Elysium - Live...And Beyond

As always 4 Cds in an 8-panel digipack never released before on physical media. I think you all know Kristian and his contribution to the Goa scene. Have a read as an introduction if you want or scroll all the way down for the tracklist. :) :)  :) 

"I don't usually give a perfect score to releases, but this...this is an exemption. A perfect album by Elysium. All tracks have the distinct Elysium sound but still sound very modern, they are clearly Goa but sound fresh, they sound familiar but they are not a mere rework. And to top it up...they are free to download. For all the record labels managers promoting the new sound of Goa, these tracks deserve a proper (cd) release. Add a couple unreleased tracks and make it a double. Hell, I might even start a kickstarter for that. 10/10 "

Thanos P. May 2015 on Discogs

Admittedly, not the most well written review but it just goes to show the way I felt just after listening for the first time Elysium's Live versions of his classic tracks. And although he was the first to put the first seed of what is now Digital Reprints 4 years ago, it took 8 releases and 7 Kickstarter projects to find his place (with your help) in my music library. 

Coming from the golden age of Goa Trance he managed to establish his own distinct sound with his very first release, Project One in 1994. Rather slow (for Goa Trance standards) tempo, hypnotic melodies and tribal rhythms made him one of the names that come to mind when you try to explain to someone what Goa is about. His collaborations with Tsuyoshi Suzuki, Jean Borelli, Paul Jackson and Graham Wood left us with some stormy classics. 

In 2010 he decided to give for free (with his rest of discography) the live versions of his tracks that he used at his performances. These are not mere retouched versions, but fully fledged out, standing on their own tracks that never forget their roots.

And these tracks are why I am asking your support to print on physical media so as not to be lost in an obscure digital cloud in the distant future. 

The project will be limited to 100 copies worldwide. 10 of those copies will be signed by Kristian and all of them will be hand-numbered. 4 CDs in an 8-panel digipack with a slipcase.  The first 2 CDs will be his live versions, the 3rd will be a collection of side projects and tunes, including some unreleased material. And the 4th disc will be a compilation of downtempo tracks to chill you out, introducing his most recent alter ego, Stereo Dwarf, released for the first time. And as always you will be able to add it on your Bandcamp collection, you don't want to wear out that little shiny disc, do you?

The people that have backed me up on my previous project know what they are getting. The rest, well...just check their comments on my Bandcamp or Discogs profile and you'll know you wont be disappointed. 

Bandcamp

Discogs

I don't really like too many words, in my projects music does the talking and so far has worked quite well, don't you think?

Turn your volume up, press play and dance like no one is watching. 

Tracklist 

(Order subject to change - Bandcamp link to follow soon)

CD 1 - Live Part I

01 Elysium - Interpretation Of Dreams (Live Version)

02 Elysium - Elysium (Live Version)

03 Elysium - Trancelestial Psychobabas (Live Version)

04 Elysium - Keep It Cool (Live Version)

05 Elysium - Wild Dance On Naked Feet (Live Version)

06 Elysium - Ethnolastic (Live Version)

07 Elysium - Subconsiousness (Live Version)

08 Elysium - Dust (Live Version)

CD 2 - Live Part II

01 Elysium - Aliens (Live Remix)

02 Kailash - Mystery Brain (Live Remix)

03 Elysium - Monzoon (Live Version)

04 Sheyba - Monkeys (Live Remix)

05 Undercover - Mission 1 (Live Remix)

06 Kaaya - Braindance (Live Remix)

07 Elysium - Master Of The Rainforest (Live Remix)

08 Sheyba - Trance Africa Express (Elysium's Back To The Roots Remix)

CD 3 - ...And Beyond

01 Ege Bam Yasi - Sponge (Elysium Remix)

02 Elysium - Sleepwalk

03 Rigor Mortis - La Sirena (Elysium Remix)

04 Elysium - Deep Blue Sea

05 Spiritual - Ride The Snake (Elysium Remix)

06 ManMadeMan - Desire (Elysium Remix)

07 Elysium - Electromagnetic

08 Elysium - Jupiter (Original Mix)

CD 4 - Downtempo

01 Stereo Dwarf - In Orbit

02 Wombatmusic - World Of Science

03 Stereo Dwarf - Northern Lights

04 Elysium - Free

05 Stereo Dwarf - Deep Within

06 Stereo Dwarf - F.R.B.121102

07 Elysium - Sunshine Song

08 YouShine - You Shine (Original Mix)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The last few copies are available now for purchase on Bandcamp. You get an immediate download of all 32 tracks (3 unreleased) + a download for Kristian's ZNA 2019 producer mix (containing  3 extra unreleased tracks).

We are currently working on the artwork so at this point release date is start of November

https://digitalreprints.bandcamp.com/album/live-and-beyond

Thank you for all your support :) 

• 1 month later...

While we wait for the Elysium digipacks to be printed I'm going to let you know for my Christmas gift to you :) 

Next week I start another Kickstarter in time for Christmas. Going back to downtempo music the next featured artist will be Suns Of Arqa.

4 CDs filled exclusively with unreleased tracks and edits. Spanning 4 decades of music, starting as early as 1979 up to 2020. 

Get ready, proper announcement soon :) 

• 3 weeks later...

The Suns Of Arqa Kickstarter is live. Over 5 hours of previously unreleased recordings starting from 1979 up to this day. 

The tracks are compiled and mixed on chronologically order to give you that immersive feeling of a live release.

Go over to my Kickstarter page to have a look at the trackilist. 

I hope you like it :) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, 2 releases of Digital Reprints are on the best of 2019 The World's Greatest Ever Electronic Music Albums Chart. No. 24 with μTantra and No. 65 Liquid Sound Design. And considering that these as limited as f*** with no digital sales or any other presence apart from those little silver discs...WOW. Look at some of the names on that chart.

Big thnx to everyone voting and huge gz to all the artists involved:D:D:D:D

https://www.twgeema.com/best-electronic-albums-of-2019?fbclid=IwAR3zfBpUJPmvRO-SDBdqcA9XSfxguFJ1R7cuROPaT1PHpln0Xc-RJWkgjxU

• 3 weeks later...

Zen Baboon - Re-Visited

http://kck.st/2u5WcGK

https://digitalreprints.bandcamp.com/album/re-visited-kickstarter-project

Amazing, isn't it? Digital Reprints has already 10 releases under her belt. That means You have contributed in bringing 10 amazing releases in our space-time continuum. So what now? 

One place we haven't yet visited is the Mediterranean. I know it's still the middle of winter (this side of the globe at least) but before you know it Spring will be here. And there is a duo, located in beautiful Portugal who know exactly what music to provide to lift your spirits and take you towards a sunny journey. 

That duo is known as Zen Baboon of course :)

Henriq and Daniel released their debut album, Suber, in Elektric Dream Records on 2013. It was a fine mix of Chillout, Downtempo, Lounge and Ambient music, masterfully balancing between the two extremes without favouring one over the other. It was their first, and unfortunately, their last physical release. 

After the critical appraise of their debut album, followed releases on various compilations. It was 3 years later, in their own label (Baboon Clinic) that their second album was released. At the same year is when Zen Baboon became more productive releasing various EPs. In 2019 their last album saw the light. An astounding release of downtempo tunes accompanied by spoken words and poetry. 

But what about the music collectors out there? The fans that take pride on showcasing their collection and having an exhilarating feeling when they are actually holding a release in their hands? 

Probably you have already pledged even before you reached these words but in case you are new to Digital Reprints here is what you get.

By helping us reach our goal you will take pride knowing that you helped bring a truly limited release to existence. A 4xCD digipack with the albums Origiro and Beat Generation and 2 discs with various tracks compiled by Henrique himself. But that's not all. Almost all the tracks will be alternate versions of the ones currently available. Either remastered, edited for this release or remixed for live shows. And just 100 copies worldwide. 

What else is there to ask? Oh yeah, 10 copies (only) will be signed by Henriq and Daniel. 

8 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Amazing, isn't it?

Kind of!

Digital Reprints has already 10 releases under her belt. That means You have contributed in bringing 10 amazing releases in our space-time continuum.

I know!

So what now?

Tell me!

One place we haven't yet visited is the Mediterranean. I know it's still the middle of winter (this side of the globe at least) but before you know it Spring will be here. And there is a duo, located in beautiful Portugal who know exactly what music to provide to lift your spirits and take you towards a sunny journey. 

That duo is known as Zen Baboon of course :)

Of course!

Henriq and Daniel released their debut album, Suber, in Elektric Dream Records on 2013.

I have it!

It was a fine mix of Chillout, Downtempo, Lounge and Ambient music, masterfully balancing between the two extremes without favouring one over the other. It was their first, and unfortunately, their last physical release.

Correct!

After the critical appraise of their debut album, followed releases on various compilations. It was 3 years later, in their own label (Baboon Clinic) that their second album was released. At the same year is when Zen Baboon became more productive releasing various EPs. In 2019 their last album saw the light. An astounding release of downtempo tunes accompanied by spoken words and poetry.

To be honest, I didn't even know! But then again, I'm a music collector.

But what about the music collectors out there? The fans that take pride on showcasing their collection and having an exhilarating feeling when they are actually holding a release in their hands?

Tell me!

Probably you have already pledged even before you reached these words

Actually, not yet!

but in case you are new to Digital Reprints

Well, no, but tell me anyway!

here is what you get.

By helping us reach our goal you will take pride knowing that you helped bring a truly limited release to existence. A 4xCD digipack with the albums Origiro and Beat Generation and 2 discs with various tracks compiled by Henrique himself. But that's not all. Almost all the tracks will be alternate versions of the ones currently available. Either remastered, edited for this release or remixed for live shows. And just 100 copies worldwide.

Cool!

What else is there to ask? Oh yeah, 10 copies (only) will be signed by Henriq and Daniel.

My wallet weeps even without that but cool anyway!

In fact, I listened to a good chunk of it today at work. Here we go again, I guess!

But has anyone released the original version of Chomolungma yet? It moves people around, even if they're sitting!

• Haha 1

Wow, that post takes dedication. Thank you for that....and your money :P

15 hours ago, Dolmot said:

But has anyone released the original version of Chomolungma yet? It moves people around, even if they're sitting!

I can certainly ask and come back to you.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, thanosp81 said:

You will be delighted to know that Chomolungma  is included in the release.

It is called...Aiana :rolleyes:

Kind of!

I think the track started circulating in 2009 - 2010 as "Chomolungma". At some point it was called "Chomolungma (Aiana)" and it was available on SoundCloud. Then it evolved quite heavily and was first released on Goa Beach Volume 22 CD in 2014 (I think), then in the Collected Downtempo digital release in 2016. But that released version is quite different from the minimalistic, bass-driven promo, hence my question regarding the "original version". If they consider the later Aiana incarnation the definitive version then so be it, but I still prefer the more mystical one and I was a bit disappointed when it didn't make it on the albums.