Hello everyone,

May I introduce you to a brand new label?

www.DigitalReprints.co.uk

Digital Reprints Records is dedicated on bringing intelligent electronic music from artists known for their unique sound aesthetics to the physical realm. Each release contains previously digitally only available tracks that deserve a place at a collectors music library.The Limited Edition releases are of high quality 8-panel digipacks with booklet and slipcase. The artwork will complement the music it encloses in an onomatopoetic way.
Printing of those releases is funded through Kickstarter and available exclusively to the backers of each project. Each release is strictly limited to 100 numbered copies. All backers will be credited in the booklet of the release.
If you want to be part of our community and to make sure that you'll be one of the few for our first release subscribe to our newsletter or just follow this thread.

More info to follow soon  :)
  • Like 4

Interesting, looking forward to the "projects" section have some info :) CD or CDr, and high quality digipacks?

Let me put something straight. We are talking about Limited Editions aimed to end up at the hands of collectors.  :wub:

That means Full retail quality Glass mastered CDs, up to full colour print on disc (Litho/screen print), packed into full colour 8 panel digipack (gloss finish as standard) (as the plant put it)  :) 

I already have checked promo digipacks from a number of plants and made my final decision (and received the quote).

Unfortunately for that you should expect a somewhat higher price than usuall, but I think you will find it in the end more than fair :)

• Like 1

Let me put something straight. We are talking about Limited Editions aimed to end up at the hands of collectors.  :wub:

That means Full retail quality Glass mastered CDs, up to full colour print on disc (Litho/screen print), packed into full colour 8 panel digipack (gloss finish as standard) (as the plant put it)  :) 

I already have checked promo digipacks from a number of plants and made my final decision (and received the quote).

Unfortunately for that you should expect a somewhat higher price than usuall, but I think you will find it in the end more than fair :)

If aiming for collectors don't fear the higher price :)

They'll buy it...

Indeed, wondering what projects you'll target first :)

Hello everyone,

May I introduce you to a brand new label?

www.DigitalReprints.co.uk

Digital Reprints Records is dedicated on bringing intelligent electronic music from artists known for their unique sound aesthetics to the physical realm. Each release contains previously digitally only available tracks that deserve a place at a collectors music library.The Limited Edition releases are of high quality 8-panel digipacks with booklet and slipcase. The artwork will complement the music it encloses in an onomatopoetic way.

Printing of those releases is funded through Kickstarter and available exclusively to the backers of each project. Each release is strictly limited to 100 numbered copies. All backers will be credited in the booklet of the release.

If you want to be part of our community and to make sure that you'll be one of the few for our first release subscribe to our newsletter or just follow this thread.

More info to follow soon  :)

Congratulations and welcome. Thanks for you're introduction, but my question; is digital reprints a non profit project?

Interesting! Looking forward to the digital stuff you will chose!

Indeed, wondering what projects you'll target first :)

I wouldn't worry much about the artist selection. He/she/they  :ph34r: is/are a big name in the scene and I can guarantee you that a lot of ppl from this forum have some of their releases.

And just to be clear the genres that I am aiming for are Psychill and Goa (and the likes), so nothing out of the ordinary  :)

Interesting project, interesting choice to go with Kickstarter. :)

I've thought about that too, there are advantages and disadvantages. Obvious advantage: finances aren't a problem if you can get enough funding. Disadvantages: you may not reach the funding goal (do you cancel the release in that case or do you just print less?) and it's only available for those who know that the project even exists.

The latter might or might not be a problem, but I often stumble on something released 6 months ago and I just didn't realize. Then I'm like "OK, gotta get this!" - and that won't be possible with these releases, if I got the idea right. Then again, the goa scene is so interconnected with Facebook and all - if the Kickstarter campaigns go long enough, everybody should have the chance to notice.

I'm looking forward to this and happy somebody gives it a try. As everyone else here, I'm especially what you will have "in store". Good luck! :)

• Like 1

Congratulations man! I am very happy about this initiative taking shape and I wish you the best of luck. Will subscribe and support for sure :)

• Like 1

Thanx, but no need for gz yet, too early. You can do that when you're holding the first release on your hands (you ARE getting one, are you not?)  :P  :P  :P

I might do the exception here since I'm usually buying only digital music :)

• Like 1

Hmm, personally I'm not really sure what to think of this yet (depends on what you release, and on my financial situation which is a bit of a disaster at the moment).

Anyway, an honest observation: you might need to rework your logo a bit. I mean, I'm not a professional designer by any measure, but that "Reprints" word in your logo suffers from some awful kerning problems.

It looks more like Re p r ints to me.

Apart from that, good luck on your project. If I can support it remains to be seen...

@Paul Eye Lol, that logo is $h!t. It's something that I quickly made just to use as an avatar. This label is still in its infancy, I just wanted you to be part of the process.  ^_^ I am currently waiting for a quote from the artist but unfortunately he's too busy preparing for Shpongle's London concert. If it takes tooooo long then I might turn for help to Psynews members.

As for the first release the actual questions is what would it take for you Paul to purchase an album/s that you already own digitally? That's my bet  :blush:

@Starkraver What do you mean by "keen observation"? I was wondering how noone else had mentioned it so far. Maybe you were being gentle?  ;)

@thanos81, do you plan to only release stuff that's exclusively available in digital form, or is there a chance for re-issues of rare / obscure stuff?

In particular I was thinking about Tromesa's "Pasma Czasu" & "Gdyby..." albums, that were only available in Poland, but were sought after around the world. Recently there was a re-release as a double album, but it looks pretty amateurish and it's a CDr. I'm sure there'd be quite a demand for a proper collector's edition(s) :)

• Like 1

@antic Unfortunately not. At least not for the near future. You have to understand that printing only 100 cps, glass mastered in high quality digipacks raises the cost to prohibiting lvls. But by printing digital releases we can cut down the cost in various ways. We don't need mastering, it's already done. No third parties involved, most of the times the music is released on their own label. Even the graphics are sometimes already in place. Things that we wouldn't be able to do by hunting down rare releases.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no if the opportunity was there. But for that DR recs should be founded as a proper label I think and not one based on kickstarter. 

On the other hand there are soooo many releases on digital only format  :D

@antic Unfortunately not. At least not for the near future. You have to understand that printing only 100 cps, glass mastered in high quality digipacks raises the cost to prohibiting lvls. But by printing digital releases we can cut down the cost in various ways. We don't need mastering, it's already done. No third parties involved, most of the times the music is released on their own label. Even the graphics are sometimes already in place. Things that we wouldn't be able to do by hunting down rare releases.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no if the opportunity was there. But for that DR recs should be founded as a proper label I think and not one based on kickstarter. 

On the other hand there are soooo many releases on digital only format  :D

Ok, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

While our fellow Penzoline is working on our logo we are extremely happy to announce (and proud) that Hakan Hisim will be responsible for the artwork of our first release. He recently returned from London where he was responsible for the stage visuals and the 3D mapping of Sphongle Dj set/Hallucinogen Live. Check the video and make sure you check his website as well. Great art to see (and buy) there.

Maybe it's time for you to subscribe and make sure you don't miss this limited release?