1. 1. What do you think of this album?

• Classic / Masterpiece
    • Very Good / I really like it
    • Good / I dig it
    • Average / It's OK, most goa trance fans will find it enjoyable
    • Below average / Could be better, but it has it's moments
    • Disappointing / Could be much better
    • Bad / Avoid!
  2. 2. Do you prefer this method of evaluating music? (Instead of the typical 1/5 - 5/5)

R-8896306-1471099601-1078.jpeg.jpg

Chi-A.D. - Earth Crossing

Amakusa Records

Tracklist

1 Hammerhead 9:40
2 Black Light 8:02
3 Zero Barrier 9:11
4 X-Isle 9:52
5 Transparent Sea 9:34
6 Book Of Eden 9:25
7 Liquid Neon Sky 11:47
8 Blue Effect 11:13

Very good album throughout, that was finally brought to light thanks to Amakusa Records. Beautiful melodies and captivating atmospheres are the strong points of this album. One thing I don’t like in much of Chi-A.D.’s music is the excessive use of voice samples, which are fortunately nonexistent here. The melodies… ethereal, heavenly, elevating, I really like them, they’re just my cup of tea. Not your typical eastern melodies. I personally like melodic goa but I don’t really dig it when the eastern element is too prevalent.

This album is hypnotic, dreamy, quite floaty without many twists, turns, or huge climaxes. That might be the downside in a couple of tracks, as they don’t seem to build up towards anywhere. But the music flows nicely, is well thought and trippy in a more “relaxing” way, with the melodies guiding you to otherworldly places. So, don’t expect full power goa that will make you stomp the ground.

Favourites: Book of Eden, Liquid Neon Sky and X-Isle, but there is something to like in all tracks I think.

Kudos to Amakusa for releasing another gem! 3/3 so far, I’m curious what will be next…

Buy: https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=84610&ev=mb

Or contact directly at: amakusa604@gmail.com

I'm going to quote myself, cause I had no response back there, and I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this.

Quote:

"I adore the CD and the music.

Not a bad word, cause I love what Amasuka does/did already.

Walking on eggs here :P - haha!

...but is it only me? But trough my monitors (Equator D8 - and that's not a bull shit speaker) the music sounds very noisy, especially on the high tones it is sharp and very harsh. Correct me if I'm wrong... or is it due to the source files (mp3?) that there was no option and this was the best result to obtain?"

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe Chi-A.D.'s Earth Crossing album never received a proper release until now. 
This is one of the best Goa-Trance albums. It grows to be magical and mystical, innovative and psychedelic, a melody-fans dream with moments (entire tracks) of exquisite power and ingenuity.

Only thing odd to me is the track list. My old "unreleased" copy reads the following: 

1. BLACK LIGHT
2. BOOK OF EDEN
3. HAMMERHEAD
4. X-ISLE
5. TRANSPARENT SEA
6. ZERO BARRIER
7. BLUE EFFECT
8. LIQUID NEON SKY

Black Light, Book of Eden, Zero Barrier, and Liquid Neon Sky are worth the price of admission alone.

IMO X-Isle and Hammerhead are the least strong tracks on the album. Nonetheless, they're not bad. I love this album.

Earth Crossing is arguably the artist's best album to date. His second album, Anno Domini is excellent too, incorporating heavily atmospheric, moving backdrops unlike anything I've ever heard. But Earth Crossing is super, visionary, and way up there too. Highly recommend!

Thankfully the videos on YouTube are raising awareness of this artist and album(s) existence. But it would make sense for the label to upload the re-mastered (assuming it was re-mastered) copy in higher quality to YouTube (if they haven't already) and include buy links there. I'm a little surprised Suntrip never went ahead and re-mastered (released) this underrated Goa favorite over the years. It's a classic.

Stream Earth Crossing and all Chi-A.D.'s albums at the YouTube link below.
NOTE: To begin Earth Crossing, skip to 3:48:34 as shown in the description box.

Link:  https://youtu.be/sITczLsxm3c

• 1 month later...

Stream Earth Crossing and all Chi-A.D.'s albums at the YouTube link below.

NOTE: To begin Earth Crossing, skip to 3:48:34 as shown in the description box.

Link:  https://youtu.be/sITczLsxm3c

Hey, that's my video! :) Thanks for sharing it!

Anyways, I just made a new video for the remaster on youtube if you want to hear it, check it out here: 

Anyways, I just made a new video for the remaster on youtube if you want to hear it, check it out here: 

Thanks for the video mate! Much appreciated :)

Also the album is a masterpeice. Every track is 10/10 for me!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I take this back. 

On 10/6/2018 at 9:48 PM, Tsotsi said:

Blacklight's a banger but nothing will beat 'Blue Effect' for Tsotsi. Such a strong build. 

All songs here are really magnificent. Different elements present in all songs and structures that change track by track. I do get the hi hat noise issue that others mentioned but find it well worth to endure. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, technosomy said:

the best release of 16 and in the running for the decade

Imma go ahead and call it my favourite trance album. I haven't stopped listening to it and have found it hard to enjoy anything else recently. 

I'd love someone to cover it. I reckon Proxeeus would do it justice and Morphic Res likes a good cover and would probably smash it out the ball park. 

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
15 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Same here....Zerro Barrier is one of the most unique Goa tracks of all time. I love the Atmosphere and the Synths. It reminds me of the game dead Space somehow....while other tracks of Chi AD sounds a little bit repetetive in the end section Zerro Barrier hasnt this problem. A darkish and futuristic trip with an awesome end pard energizer. I also love Moonart by ch ad...totally ignored track with an intense spacey atmosphere. 

Absolutely agreed. Reading back through the reviews of this album, I'm surprised to see different tracks highlighted by people. Most tracks on this album are great, but Zero Barrier is the absolute standout. Like you said it's not repetitive at all, but dances around a couple of key melodic ideas which are developed until there's a huge payoff at the end. It's hard to think of another goa track which is structured as well as this.

Moonart is also fantastic.

• Like 1