2. Predator (Remix) [09:05]

3. Sacred Sands [10:29]

4. Crossing Planet [11:14]

5. 12th Hour (with. Menkalien) [09:26]

6. Touch a Star [09:02]

7. Causatum [07:36]

Total playing time: [64:23]

Mastering : Tim Schuldt @ 4CN studios

What, nobody to start this review thread yet ? OK I'll do it, as a Goa fan.

IMO this is a great album. I've received promos of these tracks for years (eg most of Crossing Planet was produced just after 9th as released)...and I can tell they don't wear out easily and I still find a lot of pleasure listening ot them.

As usual this album took years to shape. The RA guys work remotely and also have their own fmaily lives, which is why they don't produce much, but work in small sessions where they rework their tracks on and on. This time, Antonio 'Menkalian' Simonovski from Cosmic Dimension (who was taught many things by RA a few years back) joined Christer and Lars in 2015/2016 and helped putting final touches to a couple of tracks.

Terra is deep and peaceful and it uses sounds you don't hear often.

Predator Remix is gorgeous, send you to space immediately. A real upgrade ot the original track.

Sacred Sands is pure trip to RA's land, warm, mystical, with brain-scratching parts :)

Crossing Planet is a destroyer, total dancefloor killer. Heck, just turn on youtube, enjoy and come back later!

12th Hour works wonders on the dancefloors, it blows your brains! It was the last track made for this album, when Menkalian was involved. But most of the structure had been set up a couple of years earlier. The preview was great, the final one is awesome. It's very interesting to see how tracks can evolve...

Touch a Star just forces tears from your eyes...what a progression, what a story, how many emotions ?

Causatum, finally shows RA is still a master at creating downtempo tracks.

In short, Earthcall is a deep, warm, entrancing album full of details and emotions. To me it's useless to try and compare with RA's previous works. The new album is more dancefloor-oriented and more experimental at times. I'm sure it will become a classic.

• Like 1

I'm really liking the samples on soundcloud. The first track has such a nice tension building up gradually, really great spatial sound image as well, for that perfect flying sensation.

I do not know the names of the tracks yet since I'm listening on a simplified soundcloud interface on my phone, but yeah this album sounds amazing. An overall darker/mysterious vibe than the previous album,but it still has a well-defined euphoric aspect.

Absolutely amazing release. RA never fails to deliver and if you wanted that oriental and magical dreamy touch, it's here. Production is superb and the mastering is really on spot, enhancing every detail, so bravo to RA for composing this masterpiece and to Suntrip for publishing it!

I already have ordered my copy, have you?

slightly disappointed but maybe i need more listens

i am sure it does not reach the quality of 9th and unearthly

my favorite are the same as mr anarchy

there is a track i clearly dislike it is the one with menkalian - it smells pure cheese like yahel lol

still way better than most goa trance around and i still recommend it - havent purchased yet though

good job ra

I found the album pleasing - just like other Ra's releases.

It's this kind of floating, dreamy, ethereal goa, that's best taken in while doing nothing ...because otherwise it will pass along unnoticed. It's not overly energetic and what it lacks IMO is more dramatism: key changes, contrast, more varied structure across songs, taking the already good ideas one (or several...) step(s) further... Some tracks got this right - last 3rd of "Predator (Remix)" with its dark, interweaving acid lines slowly creeping in or the throbbing, dynamic but at the same time melancholic "Touch a Star" - but for the most part they just drift along, creating pleasant but ultimately forgettable sounscapes... There's no spine-tingling excitement and no adrenaline rush that artists like Mindsphere, Artifact303 or Crossing Mind can induce - it's sort of "just there": sounding nice, warm and fuzzy, which might as well be it's purpose and advantage. That is even further emphasised by adequate mastering: meaty, wide and expansive; allowing that warmth & fuzziness to permeate through.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Deep, floating goa trance! It is by no means the most acidic or intense album you'll hear, but its warmth and emotion makes me very happy while listening :) Standout track for me is "Sacred Sands", very nice buildup and beautiful layering of melodies. Also the production/mastering of the album is amongst the best :)

Rating: 4/5

I think it's an OK-ish album, not mad about most of the melodies (some are pretty good though) but like the overall atmosphere. Indeed, the top end is not as ear-piercing and the mastering compression is not as brutal as in most other neogoa releases, however I still find the overall sonic picture somehow flat and uni-dimensional (take AP - People Can Fly as an example of excellently produced goa and you'll clearly hear the difference).

But well, I'm not a goa fan but i've still enjoyed this. 12th Hour and Touch a Star I think are the best tracks here.

I've just listened the album. Don't feel like saying much about the music itself but there's something from a producer's point of view that disturbs me here. The mastering is okay/good. It's not unbearably loud and has some dynamics. The other thing, that's more of a choice in how to produce and mix your tracks, is, apart from the track with Menkalian, uneasy percussions. Many of the tracks have disturbingly high volume on high hats, so that open hat almost drowns underneath (track three for example). When high hat is all you hear, it sounds like a detached element and lacks a proper dialogue with the actual music. Also, can't help to notice, there absolutely no groove in high hats. With groove I mean some more thought out patterns than the constant "zik-zik-zik-zik", that seems to go with almost no pause during the tracks. When I listened the music at high volume, the percussions *kinda worked* meaning it's less noticeable. But at low volume it takes all my focus off the the music and I gotta say, for me personally, the album wasn't a great listening experience.

• Like 1

RA - Earthcall
Suntrip Records

SUNCD43_big.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Terra
2. Predator (Remix)
3. Sacred Sands
4. Crossing Planet
5. 12th Hour (with. Menkalien)
6. Touch a Star
7. Causatum

RA's 9th (2008) is considered by many to be one of the best albums in Goa-Trance. It was a treat considering many artists from 1996 to 2001 stopped producing Goa music in or around 2000. We lost many of our best Goa artists, but a few didn't abandon one of their greatest talents: to create. One of my favorite Goa names to stay was RA who gave us 9th, a superb, spiritual, intellectual, and deep , trance-inducing (at times) album that told a story while expanding on the possibilities of Goa-Trance. It even gave us a stellar downtempo song in the end; Light Receiver is one of the most poignant, beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life. So my expectations for RA are very high, and for many listeners as well. It's been 8 years since 9th. I've read info in the forums, talk that a new album was in the works, but it never arrived. As the years passed, I began wondering if or when we'd ever hear a new RA release. Regardless of how good it would be, I'd rather get a RA album that's good or great than not one at all. And so Earthcall has finally released in the brink of 2017. Where did all those years go? Upon pressing PLAY, I notice changes right away relative to production (an improvement), sound design and delivery (different), but solid and still Goa thankfully, still with those classic Egyptian RA elements more or less based on the track. From what I read, Cosmic Dimension put the finishing touches on a couple of the tracks, maybe to get it out in time by year's end. A full review ensues.

1. Terra begins beautifully. The intro is magical, warm, and euphoric, thanks to lush atmosphere, warm ambient, and distinct melodic ingredients. The ethereal sound is pleasant throughout and produces a rare Goa sound we rarely hear anymore. The song feels a little safe to my ears, despite its melody-heavy approach. Fortunately, the melodies are bubbly and in the forefront, very nice. I feel that the artist could have dug up more surprises and events along the way. In other words, the song could have gone deeper, yet I find myself preferring this smooth opening at times just the way it is. The music is crisp and catchy, albeit less psychedelic and complex than 9th. Then again this is the opening. The first few times I heard this, I was fairly disappointed and expected more. For an opening track though, it's pretty good, with enough to please the general listener. Naturally, Terra is joyful. It connects to the more elaborate songs. RA albums often begin gentle, and Terra is no exception. Good track.  B

2. Predator (Remix) is the first and only remix on Earthcall. As with the Terra, this one's grown on me. I believe it was made soon after 9th. The remix retains the catchy sound of the original while improving upon it in so many ways that I've lost count. The direction and melodies are smooth and catchy. They blend together seamlessly well, never falling to repetition. The arrangement improves as the vehicle covers more ground, with fresh beauty and development. As with the original, this is an emotive, contemplative, and story-driven number that thrives on harmony, warm atmosphere, and a beautiful melody/sound design. It's superior to the original, though it reminds me of the more homogenous, visionary album (9th) that preceded this one. My only nitpick is that this song reminds me of 9th and I'd love to hear more songs that represent the vision of this new story (album) since all RA albums seem to go above and beyond in that regard. The story feels weak so far on Earthcall, yet the songs have a special sound to them. Beautiful work.  B+

3. Sacred Sands begins with the artist's signature, Egyptian-sound that we all know and love. To me this is the first really substantial, updated in ingenuity, great [representing the new album's story/vision] track on the album. The melody/sound work, accents, impact-esque FX, arrangement, and direction are excellent. The ethereal sound and atmosphere works wonders to the increasing psychedelic subtle, the core driving rhythm. This is an example of what I love about RA. The song bursts with ingenuity, passion, and vision. It's determined, characteristic, and confident, a world all its own as the songs were on 9th. The overall sound feel feels trance-inducing at times. I'm hooked from start to finish. The growing lower pitched synth (like an undercurrent) adds subtle intensity to the mystical feel, the ancient old truths buried deep in history of the foreign-influence. This is classic RA rejuvenated and healthier than I've heard in a long time. I can't find an ounce of fat, of filler. Quite frankly, the album could have started here and replaced the first two songs with two stronger, more current sounding numbers, but that's a nit-pick. I'm simply recalling nostalgia from 9th. This is one of RA's best tracks. Now all we need is a more climactic song on Earthcall (we're getting there!). Sacred Sands is imaginative, rich, and captivating.  A-

4. Crossing Planet is the exciting number I've been waiting for. An exciting lead breaks out at 3:02 and is enhanced with rhymic layers and soundscapes. New moves enter at 5:15, off-setting repetition and keeping things engaging. We're given a moment to catch our breath at 6:58 before the next burst of adrenaline. The beat disappears from 8:16 to 8:55. Soon the vehicle takes off for an excellent finale in the ninth minute. Along with Sacred Sands, this is one of my favorite tracks of 2016 and by RA to date. I was hooked for nearly all eleven minute. The song has a strong, returning climax towards the end and there's never a dull moment. Crossing Planet doesn't top RA's revolutionary track R.O.M., but it comes closer than almost every uptempo track by RA in the last 15 years. I go back and forth with my score. The song's great and very enjoyable to hear over and over again! It simply doesn't put me in awe as most other songs I've given a solid A to. The artist hasn't topped R.O.M. when it comes to uptempo to date, but don't let that dissuade you from enjoying this stellar missile.  A- / A

5. 12th Hour (with. Menkalien) begins more raw and edgy before choosing the path of light. There is an intended (or not) Trance influence to this Goa song. It's would probably sound great on dance floors. Thankfully, it never sounds clubby or contrived. It has a more mainstream friendly sound I think, but that is due to the more linear element via chrous-esque lead. I find that this element works. A beautiful lead lifts the tone at 2:33 and it is here that I see some (not all) Goa fans finding this a tad too mainstream (or commercially) friendly. My answer to that is Vavoom! by Man With No Name. Few argued that Vavoom! wasn't good. 12th Hour is similar in concept in that regard. It combines Trance elements with a tilt towards Goa. I too was a little unsure the first time I heard this, even the second.. but its grown on me. The music is uplifting and optimistic, yet ethereal (at times) and contemplative. Noteworthy parts include 3:25, 3:52, and 3:55. This track has the feels. The melodies lift me up. I don't find them cheesy, but I can see if some Goa enthusiasts perceive the chorus-esque segment as such. The general direction's a bit predictable due to the chorus-esque element, but the combination of this approach via Goa vs. less Goa (more Trance influence) works here. It's pretty atypical for RA and less risk-taking than what we've come to expect (what the artist is capable of) Goa wise. Nonetheless, 12th Hour has a lot going on, developmentally and that engages, for dance purposes; it's friendly, energetic, and fun. The song adds variety to the album and it'll likely grow on you too. Nice work!  B+

6. Touch a Star is far less predictable than the previous solid combination. This is non-linear in that each act sounds different from the one before it; there is little crossover influence, nor chorus-esque parts. Each time I hear this song, it sounds fairly new to my ears. The song's more digitized approach is matched with balance and harmony at 3:40. Once those sounds coalesce, I feel great, like the song is no longer lacking something or sounding too computerized. This is another story-driven song, though each chapter on this album seems to tell a story. The song bursts with melodies and grows harmonious in progression. Layers blend together in a stream, creating conscious unity and solidarity, oneness. The second half is great! There is a terrific part at 7:37 when a musically rich shift arrives out of virtually nowhere. It's a wonderful moment, so vibrationally raising. I love it. I just wish there was more magical moments like that, magical moments that lift us up. This song took some time to grow on me, more than the others. It has rare, special sound, primarily in the second and third act that we rarely here in Goa music anymore. This is a beautiful and interesting, experimental Goa track that seems to get better with age (repeat listens).  A-

7. Causatum is like the sequel to the self-titled closing number on RA's debut album, To Sirius. This is so unique, interesting, and different. The Egyptian touches are fantastic. This is such a satisfying way to end the album. Good voice samples too relative to the consciousness and the Universe. The transition at 5:30 is very catchy, and the following beat (buildup) soon after. And the melody work in the second and third act is just   :wub:. At the end of Filteria's Daze of Our Lives (2009) album, Jannis ended with a crunchy Goa downtempo closing. It was great, though I felt the intro and outro was less homogenous. I felt that the best part of that track was way too short in that it was only two minutes (roughly) long. I reference that because this takes the best part, concept-wise (Goa rhythm) of that number and makes it the near entirety of the song! Moreover, the song gets catchier as it progresses. At first I thought this was a little too digitized, thin on substance, and synthetic, good but not great. But the updated sound of this song (and the overall album) has really grown on me. Although I found the closing track on 9th (Light Receiver) more poignant, substantially deep, spiritual, and memorable, Causatum is an excellent closing number.  A-

CONCLUSION
This is an engaging, unique release in Goa-Trance that includes some very experienced programming as well as some of RA's best work. There's a tad less Egyptian influence, though the story/melody-driven RA influence is present throughout. Certain tracks like Sacred Sands and Causatum ooze with classic RA elements revitalized wonderfully. Others such as Terra and 12th Hour seem more interested in exploring new terrain. I'd say the songs range from pretty good, to very good, to great/excellent. Although the first two songs are very good/great it's Track 3 via Sacred Sands forward where the album sounds refreshingly new to my ears. Crossing Planet is a strong, high-octane number that echoes the rawness from the days of R.O.M.  It has potential to blow up dance floors. Same with 12th Hour (with. Menkalien) due to its uplifting sound. 12th Hour is the most mainstream-friendly Goa track that I've ever heard by the artists on a main album, and as with Man With No Name translated various club-friendly Trance elements and made a Goa song with them, it. That said, I love the deeper, more intellectual, and spiritual numbers, and feel like the album could have benefitted from an extra down or mid-tempo number just before Causatum in the end considering the artists' solid down/mid-tempo release, Earthly a years before. Touch a Star incorporates more of a symphonic, experimental sound, yet wins in the end due to its heart, ascensional melodies (feels) and that wonderful [signature, Egyptian RA] influence in addition to a wonderful final act (and a strong second too for that matter). I like the other-worldly feel of Causatum and the RA influence throughout.

I didn't find a song weaker due to experimentation. If anything, the experimenting added something different and new to the experience. That, for the most part I like. Earthcall is more accessible than 9th, but I find 9th better due to it being more visionary and story-driven as an album whole. To Sirius and 9th were both visionary releases that appeared to be made within a certain (shorter but more focused) timeframe, and so the track list felt more cohesive and related to the story as a whole. I feel that if the artists were more focused and committed to the vision of Earthcall, it [the album's story and the track chapters in that regard] would have sounded more congruent and comprehensive like the first to RA albums. In that sense, this is my third favorite RA album even though it considers some of RA's best tracks. The good news is that Earthcall's songs are visionary and story-driven. The tracks were simply made between 2008 or 2009 (I imagine) and 2016, so certain songs feel more old school than others. I was initially concerned that the album would turn into a compilation of old, unreleased tracks thrown together to cheaply double as a third album. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case despite the album not being what I consider a masterpiece. After letting it sink in, I think it's really great. I'm thankful to finally have another RA album after all these years, and I've stopped comparing it to 9th which dove deeper into the exploratory and mystical, spiritual realms of Goa. Those elements are still here, simply the album's seems less substantial due to its fewer songs when compared to 9th, and to its credit, some of the tracks on Earthcall go over 10 minutes (though you could say the same about 9th :P). That said, I love heavily [melodic] Goa-Trance with the level of development that we've seen by Pleiadians, RA, Hallucinogen, etc. In that regard, I'm not disappointed when revisiting this release and enjoying it many times over. 

While the album may not raise the bar, it seems to comprise some great and inventive work, and expand, even improve in some ways on past applications. I don't feel as a whole, that it offers us as much substance via mash and potatoes as 9th did. But it is in the realm of what many of us were looking forward to. Earthcall showcases work that exceeded my expectations on repeat listens, though I would have loved an additional 1-2 tracks even if they were down or mid-tempo. After all it's been 8 years since the last Goa release by RA. On a side note, I also recommend checking out RA's Unearthly (2012) album if you haven't. It's mainly down and mid-tempo and features some wonderful, magical work, as do all RA albums to date. Overall and despite some shortcomings, this is a great release. Let it grow on you and whatever you thought, comment below. Each of our experiences and perspectives add to the whole. Thanks for reading and thank you Suntrip, RA, and Cosmic Dimensions for making this happen rather than no RA release for several more years. 

Favorite tracks:  3, 4, 5, 6, 7
B+ / A-
Sample / Order here:
https://www.suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD43/

So I promised I'd say something more here about Ra's new album Earthcall.

There are many things I search for in todays goa trance. Deepness, warmth, energy, an uplifting feel and the old good finishing touch and eye for detail.

The first time round I found the album to be very OK, but needed another listen.

Soon I felt that I can put this album on repeat again and again without getting tired of even one fricking layer.

This album should not just fly over lightly as I'm putting this on the shelf together with Artifact303's Back To Space. That other masterpiece I'm still not tired of.

Really, I get into my car and put this CD on. I go to sleep and put this CD on in my walkman.

It is so heartwarming, innovative and complete. Complete might be the best way to describe the music.

The whole album also breathes positive vibes. And everything it still so hypnotic and psychedelic.

The warmth and deepness of the basslines are so generous it's ridiculous.

Well done Ra, mr. mastering Schuldt and Suntrip for bringing it to the masses.

Need to give Earthcall 5/5. Genuinely brilliant in every way. :wub:

Really, I get into my car and put this CD on. I go to sleep and put this CD on in my walkman.

I haven't used a cassette for many many years now. Not even a discman (they drain the batteries so fast). Maybe you should try an mp3 player?

:P  :P  :P

For me personally this album was one of the most anticipated releases since it was announced (and even earlier I hoped to get some sort of sequel to 9th). Due to the high anticipation and (reasonable) hype, some people might find this album a little bit weaker than it's (uptempo) predecessor. In general, Earthcall brings back Ra vibe - emotive and deep Goa trance music with gentle layers and driving melodies, especially spiced up with creative input by Antonio of Cosmic Dimension (it's a much welcomed experiment), but on the other side complete album feels a bit untold, perhaps it's just me who prefers albums with +70 minutes of music to experience it as an album, but it would be interesting to have at least one more track on it to get a complete picture.

No matter are you Ra fan or generally into melodic Goa music, this shouldn't be missed just because Ra is project who always goes an extra mile to deliver quality music and this here isn't an exception, we can take the nitpicking route and point out some details (for example the lenght of album), but in the end it's one of the best releases this year and I'm sure it will grow. Regarding the sound, it's a bit different than it's on 9th, perhaps a little bit more polished and less-wild, but that shouldn't be seen as a negative aspect, overall it's big improvement in terms of getting the best out of music and keeping it more dynamic and less loud.

4,5 out of 5 stars from me

Small review about this amazing release

1. Terra

The break of the journey is like a fire triangle illustrates the three elements a fire needs to ignite: heat, fuel, and oxygen. the meaning that fire is actually a sacrament rather than a sound. Deep powerfull kicks, ambient floating atmosphere, eastern melodies in others words the land of RA.

2. Predator (Remix)

Predator the remix of should I say Predator the exquisite? What a dainty mix!! I float trough the Stellar depths. The sun above me was blazing gravity waves like Predator’s fiery wheel in the sky, it was a-dazzle with splendour. What a lucid experience. Melodies between gaps in the Stellar’s canopy, lances of its 303 molten-gold beams splashed onto the depths. Rolling basslines in places, the stars seemed to be a-fire with an inner glow. This remix is an enrichment to the album

3. Sacred Sands

Sacred Sands: back to the cradle of RA with a new touch (Ra 2.0?), warm deep eastern melodies. A mix of downtempo and trance at same time, what an anthem!!

Everything just seems to be perfectly in place, no cheese, just pure hypnosis and beauty with intricate, seductive melodies and subtle underlays. A determined bassline with a perfect harmony between acid & bass. The drive take you to another timeline an really put you into a journey, can't get enough words to describe this experience. Perfect song to start you morning set ;)

4. Crossing Planet

Crossing Planet didn't steal his name, reminds me of the era of Reign of Madness: MINDBLOWING. A pure melodic bliss from the past. The elbow between Transdimensional and the birth of ancient Ra in terms of oldskool, no introduction needed. So dense, fast strong vortexing melodies gaining in velocity prior to the climax (a real Ascension). Pounding bassline with a heavy atmosphere that hypnotize and sends you straight to the edge of the black hole and beyond. One of the best song of the album :)

5. 12th Hour (with. Menkalien)

12th hour starts off with a mushy vocal chant before venturing you straight into the fast-lane on an never-ending celestial fireball in the sky. Its beams were scorching the land of Ra and sent the lake a-glitter with golden rolling 303 basslines. An perfect sion of pure elevating melodies and acid synths honing from the ashes and new elements, it builds in a very natural and linear fashion. It has a driven characteristic of the sound of the early wich reminds me bit of Paul Oakenfold and Astral.

6. Touch a Star

Touch a Star is abstraction itself. The very fabric of our mind, maybe a tangled place. Warm, primitive but still spine-tingling. The orbital elements of ambient guides you through many layers of bubbles full of different emotions and timelines climbing to a twilight zone. The surrounding is like a zero gravity zone even with the deific waves of melodies with the signature of Ra, one big harmony neither sad or happy just a state of mind <3 I don't know Why but this song reminded me instantly to of Medium of Trance by Juan Verdera

7. Causatum

Causatum did the right job, very interesting closure with quotes about life. The song is deep mystical, spooky with darkish atmosphere that brings you back to earth after this intense journey. Is it a hint for an downtempo album? I hope so :) I have no more words to describe this beauty, grab you copy and sit back and enjoy

My fav tracks : 3 4 5 6

Thank you Ra & Suntrip you made my day :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

kRayH2F.jpg

Artist: RA

Title: Earthcall

Label: Suntrip Records

Date: September, 2016

1. Terra

2. Predator (Remix)

3. Sacred Sands

4. Crossing Planet

5. 12th Hour (feat Menkalian)

6. Touch a Star

7. Causatum

"The deepest level of truth uncovered by science and by philosophy is the fundamental truth of unity."

JM7VUs6.gif

Man it's getting harder and harder to keep up with these releases.  Like a lot of you there is an absolute avalanche of music on my computer that I'm trying to get through and I'm drowning over here.  All the coffee and cigarettes in the world ain't gonna help.  So many albums that I want to review, but I just can't seem to find the time.  However, when someone asks me to construct a review I do my best to put it at the top of the list. 

For those of us who have been long time goa trancers this Norwegian duo is goa royalty.  They've been there since the beginning, and Earthcall is their fifth album.  For me they garner the same amount of respect you would give the Pleiadians or MFG, all wise purveyors of Eastern melodies and part of the foundation from which goa music is built. 

They play the long game on this album with lengthy tracks that seem designed to hold you in that state of trance.  The music is a drifting melody blanket providing comfortable cushion for a dreamy ride.  Having never been a real fan of the Predator track in the first place, I had high hopes for the remix, but it played it safe and ultimately will be one of those tracks that fades into obscurity.  Sacred Sands gets more aggressive yet still maintains the floating melodies and supportive details.  The longest track on the album Crossing Planet is in the same vein with a more active and nimble lead perfect for twisting and twirling.  Man that one just keeps churning.  12th Hour has a mysterious intro, but the track while good has a bit of a generic "goa" feel that fails to form any emotional connection.

Touch a star gives a tip of the cap to the Crossing Mind sound, with a drifting, pensive track.  Eerie even.  As the album progressed the tempo and intensity increased it seems only fitting that just like in the good old days of goa they would end on a downtempo note.  And man it's a good one.  The sound exhibits power while spewing alien mysticism into the atmosphere.  Well done.

If you're wanting an album with insane 303 sequences and hard hitting power then you don't understand what this project does.  They make melodic, flowing goa trance to transport the listener which holds he or she aloft.  The album is super melodic (surprise) and very trance inducing.  I had zero issues with the sound or the hot topic of mastering and enjoyed the tracks for what they are.  While not my favorite Suntrip release, it's still top quality and a must for goa collectors. 

Suntrip

Psyshop

Beatspace

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This album really grew on me. Maybe not exactly innovative, but  excellent production, warm, spacious and crystal-clear sound, especially good for headphones, and captivating melodic progressions. The chaotic ear-piercing melodies omnipresent in moredn goa are completely absent here which is a good thing in my book.

Granted that I'm not excatly a goa fan I think it's the best pure goa release in last few years.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...