25 Isabel 3:34
26 Family Matters 17:45
27 Tickets Please 11:04
28 The View District 15:07
29 Caitlyn 1:35
30 The Shard 24:35
31 Gabriel 2:46
32 Catalyst 3:54

Spanning across a stunning five-hour time frame, Solar Fields soundtrack for the parkour inspired video game, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, can be considered an electronic masterpiece amongst advanced audiophiles and casual listeners alike. Every second is elegantly laced with heartfelt emotion and powerful energy; a combination of beautifully evolved textures, mystical melodies, and satisfying baselines that set the backbone for a progressive adventure into another world. Its interesting chapters make way for a truly captivating journey that stays ambitious throughout its diverse expressions. After twenty years of producing elaborate music, Solar Fields passion for crafting innovative soundworlds still shines strong, and his talents continue to blow us all away with this latest release.

Magnus Birgersson has worked with meticulous detail behind every note to create something very special. Each track in this carefully orchestrated journey is filled to the brim with breathtaking action. Wave after wave, its colorful ocean of deep bass hums in the distance against an intense array of dreamy synths and complex pad arrangements. This unique composition beckons our ears to take a dive, and it is certainly refreshing to hear such awe-inspiring brilliance in todays musical industry. Prepare yourself to venture through the auditory stratosphere of a video game score like no other, for the fast-paced arpeggiations and euphoric breakbeats of Catalyst will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Yes, it is that exciting. As if you too were free-running across the rooftops in the futuristic metropolis of Mirrors Edge, thrill and suspense is engraved within the frequencies of this lively, conceptual album. The charismatic instruments seem to carry a personality of their own, banding together to tell the epic story of an enthralling universe. This is pleasantly alluring, a gracious invitation to an ear-candy experience where the mind wonders off into other dimensions. It is incredibly easy to let go and get lost, making It the perfect companion to an open-world video game. The game itself is not required to have a good time, however. All you need to do is press play.

Get up and dance or sit back and relax. Whatever you do, open your mind and close your eyes as these thirty-two tracks take you to another planet. Seriously, its going to be great. Solar Fields has created a work of art that musical lovers everywhere can praise, so turn on your sound system and get ready for an atmospheric voyage into complete and utter bliss.

10/10

All tracks are written and produced by Solar Fields

• Like 2

What a pleasant surprise! Glad to read a review by fatkidwithajetpack.!! Its been long.

Stunning music btw! no surprises there. :)

Hehe, hey thanks! I haven't been to this site in a long time, but it still has a very special place in my heart. This website introduced me to my very first psytrance festival in Dallas, TX. Ever since then, I have been throwing festivals in Arkansas. 18 shows later, we get about 500 - 700 a fest. I live in Austin, TX now. Wow, how things have changed... I owe a very large part of my life to Psynews.

• Like 1

Hehe, hey thanks! I haven't been to this site in a long time, but it still has a very special place in my heart. This website introduced me to my very first psytrance festival in Dallas, TX. Ever since then, I have been throwing festivals in Arkansas. 18 shows later, we get about 500 - 700 a fest. I live in Austin, TX now. Wow, how things have changed... I owe a very large part of my life to Psynews.

That's great news. Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...