Artha - Dream Telepathy (Cronomi Records)

Richpa

[...] but one thing I find curious is that in the Cronomi Promo mix there were still a lot more unreleased awesome Artha tracks that aren't here for some reason..

That will become clear in the (near) future ;)

BUT I'm happy you noticed :)

PS Thanks to all members posting the (mainly) positive and negative feedback here: makes us motivated for the next one to come...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Finally had the chance to listen. 

That's excellent if you ask me. The triplets, cheesy indian singing samples, minimal psy-tech beats, oriental melodies - this all perfectly works together and creates a very captivating atmosphere.  Maybe not exactly what goa purists would expect from a goa album but very good in itself.

If I had to criticize something it would be the production - some of the tracks sound somehow blurred and subdued, the sound lacks energy and impact. 

• 6 months later...

I'll only remember this one for Monkeys. A great and masterful track that evolves into a hypnotic monster.
Such a pity it's surrounded by empty tracks that lead to nothing and do not induce a state of hypnosis or even resemble raw power.

I'm with T2MU who feels Artha is able to do great stuff, but not an album full of it. Yet.

• Confused 2

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2017 at 6:24 PM, recursion loop said:

Finally had the chance to listen. 

That's excellent if you ask me. The triplets, cheesy indian singing samples, minimal psy-tech beats, oriental melodies - this all perfectly works together and creates a very captivating atmosphere.  Maybe not exactly what goa purists would expect from a goa album but very good in itself.

If I had to criticize something it would be the production - some of the tracks sound somehow blurred and subdued, the sound lacks energy and impact. 

You have fully understood the point of the album. :wub:

:excl: Artha combines non evident sounds and scales - even so that some even (still) don't understand him - even if he is a genious making goatrance since the mid '90s. And yes, we have especially chosen also some tracks that are a bit more "minimal", but nevertheless as psychedelic as can be - psychedelic music is in the mix, the mind set and the atmoshere, not in the quantity of used layers :+1: