Ice Hockey World Cup 2016

Anu Katariina

Are you watching?

It is said to be even a more valuable tournament than the Olympic Games for ice hockey.

So far team Europe has been the biggest surpriser; won both of the games and going forward.

Russia lost to Sweden but the stars woke up last night and beat Young Stars (North American U 24)

The Finnish team got slaughtered by North Americans and I am staying awake tonight as the Finns callenge the Swedes.

My guess is that The Finns won't forward, unfortunately.

What the hell is the Ice Hockey World Cup?

The only hockey worth while is in the olympic games.

If you ask the players they value this tournament more than Olympics. This is an invitation tournament arranged by NHL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_World_Cup_of_Hockey

It's like watching an all star game but with hitting.

vNWTX6cdGzSKs.gif

Which player (players) said that?

I don't have links because it is not so important to me that I'd save interview links on such but nearly all NHL players when asked have this preference list:

1. Stanley Cup win

2. World Cup win

3. Olympic games win

It doesn't take away the thing that Olympics are a very valued tournament, it was not my point to underestimate its importance.

Sorry. What I read online comes and goes, can't recall where I read it but I remember this because it was new to me and caught my attention (that they value WC so much...). I guess it has to do with the rink: NHL as well as WC are played in a narrow rink that e.g. many Canadians consider the one and only right rink (don't ask who..my insight of the rink thing has formed over 20+ years).

As for Sweden: I think they have good chances to beat Canada in the anticipated finals with kung Henrik and världen's bästa Karlsson :D