V/A - Goa Trance Revolution 2 - Retrofuturism (Goa Trance Music, 2016)

Hey everyone!  :)

It is finally time to announce that under new management, Goa Trance Music is closing in on finalizing the sequel to the 2013 compilation Goa Trance Revolution!

We will soon release a new CD compilation entitled Retrofuturism, a term that describes very well the line-up that we will announce one by one in the coming days. We aim to take you on a time travel from the early years of goa trance right to its present and future. Stay tuned for names, samples, artwork and further information!

Buy on Bandcamp

Tracklist:

1. MK-Ultra - Shivarathri [SoundCloud Preview]
  2. Athena - 20 Seconds [SoundCloud Preview]
  3. Telemetry - Spirit Dance [SoundCloud Preview]
  4. Indoor - Bom Shankar (Original 1995 DAT Version) [SoundCloud Preview]
  5. Shakta - Lepton Head (Veasna Remix)  [SoundCloud Preview]
  6. Proxeeus - Tyca Tyca [SoundCloud Preview]
  7. Denshi Danshi - Leave The World Behind [SoundCloud Preview]
  8. Ephedra - Disappearing Dreams [SoundCloud Preview]
  9. Clementz - Circles [SoundCloud Preview]
  • Like 5

We just announced the first track that will kick off the compilation.

Previously released on vinyl only on his own label in 1997, we're happy to bring you Shivarathri from French and Canadian goa trance pioneer MK-Ultra!

Have a peek:

• Like 1

:D It took us way longer than we wished, so we're very glad it's finally time to reveal it all!

Today, we announced the next track on the compilation, 20 Seconds by Athena (maybe somewhat better known as Miranda ;) ). This track is previously unreleased and one of her very early works - a hidden piece of the neverending puzzle that is history!

• Like 1

Who does the mastering: sounds nice and warm.

Good luck :)

The "unmastered" previews got their treatment from myself - really not more than compression, equalization and warm limiting.

The actual mastering happens in Tim Schuldt's studio. I know what some people will be thinking, but we made the explicit request that less is more to us concerning loudness. Ironically, at least we were told, it's the artists that pick the louder versions when presented to them, against Tim's recommendation. So we decided to not even try the option - curiously awaiting the results. :)

Next one coming in!
Probably the last one before the Connection festival. ;)

We previously announced two big oldschool names to be part of this, now it's time to look at the present. Proxeeus probably can't count the number of tracks he had released this year, so why not add one more to the lot? It was my personal favorite when I initially checked out his music, so I'm very happy to have Tyca Tyca on board!

The "unmastered" previews got their treatment from myself - really not more than compression, equalization and warm limiting.

The actual mastering happens in Tim Schuldt's studio. I know what some people will be thinking, but we made the explicit request that less is more to us concerning loudness. Ironically, at least we were told, it's the artists that pick the louder versions when presented to them, against Tim's recommendation. So we decided to not even try the option - curiously awaiting the results. :)

Interesting =)

samples sound good

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Connection festival (what a beautiful one), we'll announce the rest of the tracklist daily from here on out.

This time we proudly add Denshi Danshi to the list of featured artists. They crafted this totally new track Leave The World Behind specifically for one of the Melodrama parties in Israel and we will release it as part of this compilation! :)

• Like 2

For the next one, we picked my Veasna remix of Shakta's Lepton Head, which takes a more melodic twist compared to the original. I was afraid at first that it might cast a bad image if I "abuse" the label to release my own music, but my label partner Joost and the reactions from people after my sets have convinced me it will do just fine. :)

• Like 1

Thanks! :)

Our next track is one of the closing tracks of the compilation. We wanted to end it with more melodic, newschool-ish vibes and are happy Ephedra is part of this with his so far unreleased track Disappearing Dreams.

I updated the main post with the track order so far. The rest of the tracklist will be revealed until Monday!

• Like 1

The next track Joost was thankfully able to get on board. It's a less well known one, could call it a secret gem. Only released on a hardly available CDr so far, we bring you Spirit Dance from US trio Telemetry!

• Like 1

So here's one more oldschool track to conclude the first half. On Goa Trance Revolution, Indoor's track Bom Shankar was released, but in harshly shortened form. We're happy to bring the full ride on our new compilation, the original DAT version from 1995! Even though it is the same track in a way, this longer version seems to have a more spiritual feel and better flow to it.

Those f***ing artists!  :angry:

The music would be so much better without them ;):D

• Like 2

I am very happy to see the original Bom Shankar being released, as not only it was shortened in the original release but it was somehow made to sound "new". The kick and the bass-line were altered so much it was just un-listenable (for me). The original track, in its full glory and properly mastered, will be the icing on the cake. Thanks for that and the VA looks very good indeed.

thanosp81, on 10 Oct 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Can we have a preorder link? 

Like...

........now

P.S. Please don;t make ppl that preorder pay more than the rest

Once we have the final masters (which may still take a week or so, because some artists are still on the road and we want to give them the opportunity to give feedback on the first master), I'll look into this and try to make a preorder available on Bandcamp while we take care of getting CDs pressed.  :)

Hands down, everything about this release may go a little slower than you are used to, because we don't have too much experience with all of this behind-the-curtains work. It's more than we thought and we can't work on it full time, but hey, we're getting there!

As for pricing, I don't see any reason to change it once announced.

I am very happy to see the original Bom Shankar being released, as not only it was shortened in the original release but it was somehow made to sound "new". The kick and the bass-line were altered so much it was just un-listenable (for me). The original track, in its full glory and properly mastered, will be the icing on the cake. Thanks for that and the VA looks very good indeed.

Thanks for the support!

I was a bit reluctant at first about putting "the same track" on the second compilation, but I've listened to it a few times and now I'm as convinced as Joost or you. The sound is really much warmer overall. I hope we can get the mastering tackled properly. :D

Alright, to conclude the tracklist, I'm very happy about this one. He has been posting quality stuff on his SoundCloud for a while and it was only a matter of time until he was seen on major releases.

We're happy to bring you the debut track of Clementz entitled Circles, which we found to be the perfect outro for the compilation - very powerful, yet dreamy. :)

• Like 1

Alright, to conclude the tracklist, I'm very happy about this one. He has been posting quality stuff on his SoundCloud for a while and it was only a matter of time until he was seen on major releases.

We're happy to bring you the debut track of Clementz entitled Circles, which we found to be the perfect outro for the compilation - very powerful, yet dreamy. :)

sounds really good