Guide a goa-head to the best psy-trance albums

MrAnarchy

Alright, I relistened most 90s goa albums and comps and now I really want to get into psy-trance, but I have no clue where to start. What are the legendary 11/10 PSY-trance albums out there? :)

*I really liked Derango "Tumult" which is forest trance right? Of course all subgenres are welcome!

This was impressing me http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/sionnach-digital-forest

It has twilight/forest influences though.

Well produced stuff, free download and the audience has liked (22 k downloads and over 95% rating)

What kind of goa you like the most? IIrc, mostly acidic and energetic? Something tells me you may like Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience, it is full-on but with lots of goa infulences

His latest is pretty good too, dark (relatively) and intense

If you like these, give a listen to Spirit Architect - Anthology

My personal 15/10 psy album is U-Recken - Aquatic Serenade but I think you'll find it too mellow and excessively melodic

• Like 1

What kind of goa you like the most? IIrc, mostly acidic and energetic?

I love all styles, but yes, Ive got a fetish for acid :)

Will check those albums out.

For now keep posting the best representatives of the genre so that I can see if I can get into this. :D

This was impressing me http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/sionnach-digital-forest

It has twilight/forest influences though.

Well produced stuff, free download and the audience has liked (22 k downloads and over 95% rating)

This sounds like stuff I hear on better psy-trance parties. Its a great album. Will relisten to it definitely

• Like 1

Orichalcum vs The Deviant (I personally prefer the album "Live")

The misted muppet - From the legend

Psychaos - Cause and effect

Sandman (Witchcraft, Psycho toons)

Nervasystem - Time travel (I can guarantee you will like it more than the last one)

X-dream - Radio

Para halu - The world of peace

Voice of cod - We are free

Psysex - Expressions of rage

Neuromotor - Neuro damage

Miranda - Rerecorded

Psyko disko - Psycho disco

Logic bomb - The grid

MOS - Bug

You can also try Process but not sure you will like (Superior Technology, One drop or two)

VA - Score (Tim Schuldt and friends)

VA - TIP Singles 3

VA - TIP - 3D

VA - TIP Nations series (Halluci-Nations, Xpla:Nations, Assassi:Nations...)

• Like 1

This sounds like stuff I hear on better psy-trance parties. Its a great album. Will relisten to it definitely

Yes, it is quite decent. For me what I expect from psy is good reverb and this certainly has it: sounds like it is played in an empty big building (bad description but hard to describe) ;)

Anything from PsiloCybian is pure gold.

True. Also Deimos is cool. I got this CD as a bundle purchase with Wanderers album and I love it.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Fragletrollet. Perhaps you won't like every track of the album but Manik 11 is one of the most fascinating track ever created.

Agreed but somehow it's my least favourite track from the album. The sample just gets on my nerve. I choose to listen to the combo of alien human and human alien most of the time. What an amazing album! Have you checked out his album under the unknown cause moniker Manuser? The dubtechno, freestyle album.

It kinda pisses me off that the basslines and those trrm trrm trrm sounds that accompany them drown out other effects and eventual melodies. I keep turning up the volume to hear better and I just keep getting drowned by the bass. Im listening to Ovnimoon "Trancemutation of The Mind" atm.

But beside that, Im digging this album. Love the goa-ness of it.

It kinda pisses me off that the basslines and those trrm trrm trrm sounds that accompany them drown out other effects and eventual melodies. I keep turning up the volume to hear better and I just keep getting drowned by the bass. Im listening to Ovnimoon "Trancemutation of The Mind" atm.

Ovnimoon loves making his bass far too loud and far too bassy, I also don't like it but this is his personal approach, not the genre standard.

In my opinion a topic like this has a problem. The recommendations and opinions are so vast that one easily gets lost.

Edit: But is is a good topic, though. I personally wish I just had the time to go through all the recommennded stuff :)

In my opinion a topic like this has a problem. The recommendations and opinions are so vast that one easily gets lost.

Edit: But is is a good topic, though. I personally wish I just had the time to go through all the recommennded stuff :)

Anu :)

what you need to go through are these 2 albums!

https://dvsm.bandcamp.com/album/reach-escape-velocity-unmixed

https://beatspace.bandcamp.com/album/playground-of-spirit-fragletrollet-shaman-films-records

And Nervasystem new if you havent already.

Yo guys, I scoured Ektoplazm and found this thing. Love it!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/sorrowmurk-identity-disorder

EDIT: Consider this threads name to be from now on:

THROW ALL AMAZING PSYTRANCE ALBUMS HERE