Negans - Danse Macabre (Neogoa Records)

Hello friends! Our new release has been released today and you can grab the high-quality audio files right here: http://bit.ly/get-neg

Negans debut #GoaTrance release 'Danse Macabre' is also available on YouTube - http://bit.ly/yt-negand on SoundCloud - http://bit.ly/sc-neg.

If you like the music, please make sure to subscribe to Negans and Neogoa and share the music with your friends!

14595657_1071450352909185_88158279475631

Tracklist:

01. Midori (138 BPM)
02. Into Asylum (140 BPM)
03. Life On Earth (142 BPM)
04. Danse Macabre (145 BPM)

Written and produced by Elie Seigneur
www.facebook.com/negans

Mastering by Igor Čeranić @ Deimos Soundlabs
www.deimos-soundlabs.com/

Artwork design by Svem and Richpa at Neogoa Design
www.facebook.com/neogoadesign

More Neogoa Records at:

www.facebook.com/neogoarecords
www.twitter.com/neogoarecords
www.instagram.com/neogoarecords
www.youtube.com/c/neogoarecords

More Negans at:

@negans
www.twitter.com/negansmusic

• Like 4

o89kiu.png

Negans’ sobriquet is Latin for “denying”. His music is a blend of protogoa trance sonic blasts, saturated with eclectic psychedelic grooves inspired by early ’90s Goa sound, with slices of industrial and horror-happy vibes and original storytelling. With Neogoa Records, the torrents of insanity can now be unleashed through his debut EP release ‘Danse Macabre’ a 4-track journey into classic Goa soundscapes.

I hate and I love. Why I do this, perhaps you ask? I do not know, but I feel it happening and I am being torn apart.

I shall state in a few lines how Negans was good during childhood, as he led a happy life. Done. He then realized he was born evil! Spawned in the depths of Winter and growing up in the air-conditioned hell of modern civilization, Negans nevertheless resolved the whole of his spirit to celebrate Life in its manifold, delightful, twisted, tormented, ironic, gloomy and bright forms. Drawing inspiration from all colours and all darkness, chanting the trippy-toxic-sci-fi screams of modern synthesizing machinery over the ever-pulsating thump of 4-to-the-floor kicks, travelling from one dancing mania to the next; thus was the way.

Solid release. Quite refreshing. Indeed, there is a quite good 'proto-goa' inspiration.

He then realized he was born evil!

No one is born evil.

The description of Negans' character is quite funny though.

I hope he'll produce some more.

• Like 2

Yeah, I liked it too, not because I dislike when I was young I started to listen.. kind of biographies, but because it actually resonates with music very well.

Speaking about the music, I can confirm that he will appear on Dimensional Gateway release in February with really interesting track :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I'm getting this one ready for Bandcamp and for Ektoplazm release. I'm sure it will come out on Bandcamp first since we have to release Ultimate Xperience's 'Lazarus' on Ektoplazm first, but no big difference, high-quality download will be available with full artwork on Bandcamp.

• Like 1

Hello friends! Our new release has been released today and you can grab the high-quality audio files right here: http://bit.ly/get-neg

Negans debut #GoaTrance release 'Danse Macabre' is also available on YouTube - http://bit.ly/yt-neg and on SoundCloud - http://bit.ly/sc-neg.

If you like the music, please make sure to subscribe to Negans and Neogoa and share the music with your friends!

14595657_1071450352909185_88158279475631

• Like 1

Based on the artist description (I didn't listen to the previews) I expected something Xenomorph-like.

Well, it's not, but I still like it :lol: Not by any means mindblowing, but nice in any case :)

Funny thing, when I discussed with Elie his music, he told me that he has been very much influenced by the early works of Xenomorph. You're right, it doesn't sound like it, but still it brings much needed darker and experimental vibe into nowdays Goa music without trying to sound agressive or too fast.

@Void Mantra - Thanks, glad you're enjoying this release!

This has a very 'old school night goa' sound, like something that could have been released on Phantasm or Psychic Deli. As such, it's more groovy than dark. :) Life On Earth is the most obviously Xenomorph influenced; other tracks remind me of early Nervasystem, Process, Lunar Asylum. The only track I didn't like as much was Midori, only because I found the kick a little obnoxious.

There are lots of good melodic ideas and interesting samples, and no two tracks here are quite the same. I bought this and hope to hear a lot more from Negans in the future.

• Like 1

Indeed, a very nice debut EP - Midori is superb (Where's that voice sample from? - Sounds to me like an alien version of Grace Jones :-)).

It's from some obscure japanese anime I think, but I forgot the exact title. I will check with Elie and let you know :)

This has a very 'old school night goa' sound, like something that could have been released on Phantasm or Psychic Deli. As such, it's more groovy than dark. :) Life On Earth is the most obviously Xenomorph influenced; other tracks remind me of early Nervasystem, Process, Lunar Asylum. The only track I didn't like as much was Midori, only because I found the kick a little obnoxious.

There are lots of good melodic ideas and interesting samples, and no two tracks here are quite the same. I bought this and hope to hear a lot more from Negans in the future.

Thanks BT! There is another track by him ready to be released on our next compilation in early 2017 :)

I will check with Elie and let you know :)

Okay, I got the answer:

Midori sample is from the anime "midori" (that's the English title) by Hiroshi Harada. Original title is: Chika Gentō Gekiga: Shōjo Tsubaki  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shōjo_Tsubaki

Apparently it's available on YouTube, but I guess it's not for everyone since it includes a lot of violence and rape scenes.

I hope it helps :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...