Ra - Earthcall (Suntrip Records) - SUNCD43

Finally... after years of waiting for you, and working hard behind the scenes for us (because, it was hard to let this album happen), we are super happy to announce the new (last?) album of Ra! :)

Pure deep melodic goa-trance with oriental melodies from the master! :) The release date will be in october, probably around the 5th or the 12th, we will update you on this! :)

The tracklist will look like this:

1. Ra - Terra (07:32)
2. Ra - Predator Remix (09:06)
3. Ra - Sacred Sands (10:29)
4. Ra - Crossing Planet (11:14)
5. Ra & Menkalian - 12th Hour (09:26)
6. Ra - Touch a Star (09:02)
7. Ra - Causatum (07:37)

The first samples are on the suntrip shop, but long ones will be posted on soundcloud soon! :)

http://suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD43/

Enjoy this trip :)

SUNCD43_medium.jpg
  • Like 6

I tried recently to listen to 9th and found it very unremarkable. The songs are too repetitive in terms of arrangement and the melodies were not memorable at all.

To Sirius was really great, with a lot of distinctive musical themes that make you return to it often. The transition between the 1st and the 2nd album reminds me of the

transition between the first and the second Goasia abum. The second one was utter disappointment.

Saying that, I really want to believe that new Ra album will offer something new to the table. And, I'll buy it without listening to samples, just for the name sake.

That cover looks oddly familiar:

RA's front cover was made before actually. September 13th 2012. "Earthcall" has been in the works for a LONG time :)

The "Cascades of Life" cover is only a few months old.

Well, for me Ra is an artist of "one sound", i.e. ethereal, deep, melodic goa and if you 1) don't like that style and/or 2) hoped they'd somehow change / evolve; then I'm not in the slightest surprised hearing some people are disappointed with this... Furthermore it's evident from Joske's comment ("the last?") that Ra's not much into creating that music anymore, and you can't force anyone to create art when they don't have heart for it... I'll probably buy it, just like any other Suntrip release, but I'm not their biggest fan either.

Also, I'm not fond of Suntrip's mastering as of late - it's too loud, harsh & piercing (it started around Celestial Intelligence's CD) and while it might complement more aggressive music - e.g. Morphic Resonance's album - here it just sounds out of place, because the music itself is gentle, smooth and soothing. But I guess it works on the dance floor and I'm in vast minority of goa-trance consumers never listening to it at a party, so there's that...

What is that symbol in the middle of the artwork?

Half of the artwork is covered by that symbol & RA.

Samples sound nice but painful. I see what antic means. May be this ain't for headphone/earphone listening.

Not a fan of the artwork but I will buy the CD as its RA.

Samples sound nice to me on speakers so far. I'm just happy to hear some more RA tbh!

Agree he has never been for everyone, but i feel like there is an unmistakable flow or style to his stuff that I always liked. Sad to read between the lines that this might be the last one, but better than none at all.

What is that symbol in the middle of the artwork?

Half of the artwork is covered by that symbol & RA.

Its the symbol he created himself, and it is pretty clear... it's literally Ra, the God of the Sun, you have the eye of God, as a sun, and the sunrays... :)